Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >
  • April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

• April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-11-2011, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    We just had a tornado hit our house! We are fine, the roof is missing shingles and it blew the wrought iron furniture across the yard, and blew the front pillars off the porch! Our blessed neighbors came over and re-installed the pillar, landlord will fix the shingles and anchor the pillars in the morning.

It was very scary. We will have more storms tonight.
    OMG Sew very glad you are OK!!!!!
    It is times like this that you are so glad you are renting. Landlord will have to fix everything.
    Old 04-11-2011, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by Leann
    I got good news today. Had a mammogram Thursday which I have been dreading after last years scare which prompted double stereotactic biopsies. Those results showed no evidence of malignancy.

Already got the results which are NORMAL. God is good.
    I'm so glad for you and now you can breathe easy! The quilt show was a wonderful success and now I'm trying to get caught up and rested up. I've lost 3 pounds and I wore some capris that I couldn't wear before! Yippeeee! Your support really helped me stay on track. I'm in a good place right now. Feels good!
    Old 04-11-2011, 08:04 PM

Purplemem, I'm so glad you are ok. I have cousins that live in Corinth.
    Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 PM

I just messed my Viking up royally!!! I was disassembling it for a thorough cleaning/lubing.
    1. I dropped the set screw that keeps the bobbin holder on and can't find it even with magnets :(
    2. I don't remember how the gear mechanism goes back on :(

I'll have to take it into the shop and have her put together again.... can't afford this type of thing..
    I'm sure it's going to be at least $100 to get her cleaned and lubed (might as well while she's apart) and put back together

Fortunately, I have my FW and another heavy duty machine that I can use... The down side is my repair man is 45 miles away and I don't think he does house calls :(... I may call him and see when he'll be coming south to go to the north store if he can stop by my house and fix her or pick her up. He passes right past my house going to the north store.
    I'm just so frustrated that I just HAD to tear into her and take her apart. I couldn't just do a basic cleaning. I wanted to oil the moving parts that I can't reach normally. :( had to be a show off and service her myself....
    Old 04-11-2011, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by NannySandy
    MJ, glad you are okay, blood sugar wise, and tornado wise. We have been under tornado warning for the past 2 hrs. Heavy rain, horrible thunder and lightening. Tornado alarms keep going off. However, it does seem the worst has passed over. I hope it stays gone. We are expecting "severe thunderstorms" off and on all night.

I am to be at the hospital tomorrow morning at 5:00 AM. I have a "special soap" I have to shower with in the AM so I will be up at 3:30 AM, if I even get any sleep at all. I am nervous and plum sick to my stomach. I could not eat dinner, as I am so close to throwing up. Just been drinking my water. I am so ready to get this surgery over with and be on the mend, but I'm still nervous, which is normal...... I hope you all have a good evening. Stay safe. Big hugs, Sandy
    Hugs to you Sandy. I will keep you in my prayers. Carol
    Old 04-11-2011, 08:26 PM

Leota how frustrating, I hope tomorrow is a better day.
    Old 04-12-2011, 12:50 AM

Got on the scale this AM and am proud to announce that I have lost 8 lbs. since the 2nd of May when I started. I tried the clothes on that I want to take with me to Hawaii, and there were 4 outfits that will be fine. I thnk if I can lose another 5-6 lbs. before next week, I will be able to fit into most all of my clothes that I had thought about taking. I am afraid that the biggest part of the weight I have lost is from the new BP medication that I recently started. It is another diuritic and I really do ppppppp 24 hrs. a day. If the weight just stays off until I get back home, I will be happy. Then I can get serious about this weight loss, I hope.

Hope everyone gets to feeling better soon. The sun is finally shining here most every day now, so we are doing a lot of work outside now and it won't be long the old spring fever will hit.
    Duvet
    Old 04-12-2011, 01:26 AM

I love the story raccoons can be very brave last year we had one come every night and eat his sinner on our front porch and leave his mess. we new it was a raguessccoon becuse he also left his foot prints. my son told me about a friend of his that use to leave his front door open a jar and one night he heard a noise and turned around and their was a raccoon that had come into his home and was starring at him before he could move mainly because he was shocked the big guy moved well he thought he left and went outside oh no he went up stairs into one of the bedrooms. well this man heard another noise from up stairs and went to find out what it was and their was a whole family that had come up into the mans house and were up in one of his bedrooms just eat away. The Unwanted Quest I
    Old 04-12-2011, 01:37 AM
    Banned

The first spring in Ohio I had a raccon in my kitchen...It broke the screen on the back door and walked in. I heard a crash and saw a tail go through the opening. We had a tiger cat at the time and the tail looked the same. I jumped off the chair and went to grab the tail, I thought it was the cat and she was NOT an outside cat. It is a good thing I wasn't fast enough to catch it. I had a basket with apples on the kitchen fllor the were missing. the next moring the bag was on the deck. It freaked me out that night the germy thing was in my kitchen. I bleached everything and threw the basket the appples were in away. You can kill raccoons any time where I live they are considered pests since there is an infestation of them. I couldn't go on my deck without several coming up. They are mean and nasty. If I grilled out they would all be over the grill as soon as it cooled. I no longer have a grill it attracts them. I hate them they look cute but they are the biggest carrier of rabies and fleas. Everyone was killing them in the sub division. Or trapped them to relocate them. I trapped an albino it was so cute I called several zoo's to see if anyone wanted an albino racoon as each one told me the same thing. As rare as an albino raccoon is they didn't want it too many diseases and rabies.
    BE CAREFUL CARRIE DON"T GET TO CLOSE!!!!!!!
    Old 04-12-2011, 03:43 AM
    Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

I don't get close to them critters. I may be crazy but I'm not that crazy. He was looking for the food that I put out for stray cats. Ppl are always dumping their cats here.