Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >
  • April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

• April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-13-2011, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    It freaked me out that night the germy thing was in my kitchen. I bleached everything and threw the basket the appples were in away. You can kill raccoons any time where I live they are considered pests since there is an infestation of them. I couldn't go on my deck without several coming up. They are mean and nasty.
    BE CAREFUL CARRIE DON"T GET TO CLOSE!!!!!!!
    I agree. We have a possum that lives under our deck that comes out in broad daylight. Scares the beejeepers outta me. I'm such a wus.
    lynne
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by CAROLJ
    I'm down 4.5 to 5 pounds. Of course that is weighing naked with one foot on the floor.
    This isn't right? Really?
    lynne
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by SWChick
    Knew the naked talk would bring you out Tru. Glad you areb doing better.
    LMAO!
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    How about a little good news.
    I just got a txt from Sandy's DD. Sandy is out of surgery and is doing good. Her knee was pretty bad but will be much better now.
    My nerves have been on edge all day waiting for this news.
    Carrie, I am so glad that Sandy had a way to update us. I am not surprised the damage was worse than expected simply because of the terrible pain she has been in. Prayerfully it will NEVER be that bad for her again.
    lynne
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
    dream of Carrie dream on!!!!!!!! no way in hell are you getting the FQ's!!!!!!
    You are right because I can't take the weight off.
    Carrie, YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH! Can't never could! Say to yourself I AM LOSING WEIGH RIGHT NOW - and say it everyday until it is true!

Don't make me come over there! These boots are made for walkin', and that's just what they'll do!

lynne
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:19 PM

will you all stop with the the naked talk. the image of sagging baggy wrinkled bodies will be dancing through my head. Now as for me I weigh in naked in front of the picture window I want the entire world to see I lost 34 lbs......NOT!!!!!!

Still sad, not as bad!!!!!!
    What did one saggy tata say to the other saggy tata? We better get some support before people think we're nuts.
    This is so terrible and I am ashamed to admit it cracked me up.
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:24 PM

Carrie you frightened everyone away. Am I going to have to sit you in a corner wearing a dunce cap eating a hot fudge sundae?

Carrie, be careful, you don't know what the hot fudge is made of. She threated you with eating you know what.
    What did I threatened her with eating?????? Only a hot fudge sundae. I told her to kiss my ass I didn't tell her to go eat sh** now did I? Maybe I should have told her to eat a turtle. A big old fat mans sweaty turtle! :evil: :shock: :lol:
    An image, if kept in my head, that is sure to guarantee fewer calories!
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rita's mom
    Wow I hope everything is looking up for everyone I have been trying to catch up on all of the posts! Tornados, low blood sugars,road kill, too much wine...err I mean whine.

I am so glad Sandy's surgery went well.

Radiana your story could be mine I have a small house and NO storage but I could still do more about my clutter. It drives me nuts! Not nuts enough to get off my butt and fix it but I am trying. I have herd clutter causes stress and it is so true! When I have things cleaned up and put away I feel so much better. We should keep each other accountable for doing some decluttering each day. I am embarrased when people stop by unanounced and it looks like a bomb went off.

MJ- That is scary about your sugars! Does your doctor have you count carbs and adjust your insulin according to what your sugars are and how many carbs you eat? My daughter Type 1 diabetic and thats how she does it but it might be different for Type 2 diabetics. If you have a snack at bedtime try and have a protein with it or something with cornstartch in it like pudding. It is hard when you are dieting because you are eating less and healthier foods which needs less insulin but your dose is still higher. My daughters doctors say it is like trying to keep a teeter taughter(SP?)balanced.It is hard!

Where is Missy doesn't she love us anymore????

Well not to WHINE but I am getting frustrated I know my weight loss would slow down but I have only lost 3 pounds since March 30th and that keeps going up and down. I have herd you will have platu's(SP?)but how long do they last? It is making it hard to stay motivated especially when life is hectic and your tired and have to many temptations. Eating out alot is tuff!!!
    Can some of you that have lost alot of weight share some advice on what you did if your loss slows way down or stops and how you stayed motivated. Cuz if I don't get some support soon people are gonna think I'm nuts! LOL I'm still cracking up over that one! :thumbup:
    I find my day starts best when I awake to a clean kitchen. That sets the tone for my day. In recent months, I deny myself any quilting/sewing until I have done at least 30 minutes of exercise. That has been hard to stay true to since I fight so much with my knees.

What has worked best for you in the past; counting calories, long walks, etc? Make sure you are getting enough sleep also. Choose an area you want to work on/from, I'll do the same, and we can hold each other to the fire.

lynne
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by SWChick
    Don't have one of those weight loss slides for my posts so I wil just say it. In Feb and Mar I lost total of 12lbs. Started out at 262lbs which may not sound too bad to some but I am only 4ft.11ins.so I am over 125lbs overweight. Mostly I do not eat too much, my problem is I don't eat often enough. I am seldom hungry. My metabolism is zero. I have got to start eating at least 3 times a day. HELP HELP HELP
    Big Congrats. I challenge you to post here daily and let us know what you have had for your THREE meals.
    lynne
    Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by sewNso
    donna, wait till you momma hears you can buy a pan of cornbread premade. forgot where i say it advertised. one of the grocery stores, i think...
    haven't been getting any pages, guess if you just lurk, even if you check it, you don't get caught up. i am a jane alick, now. been jane-ing for about 3 weeks now. and have about l7 weeks done from last yrs. joing of the BOM. any one else doing a jane?
    I don't think my eyes could take working on a jane. When are you gonna share pix?