Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy >
  • April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

• April Weight Loss Winner is Nanny Sandy

Old 04-16-2011, 04:48 PM

Sandy,
    I am so grateful to hear from you. We have all been praying earnestly. You were covered in prayers.

Irish,
    That is my dilemma every month. Life is what it is. I am so blessed with my QB friends and my DH. What have I got to complain about? I'm rich beyond compare. Just cash-poor.

I received some absolutely beautiful fabric in the mail today. Pink roses, my favorite roses. There are no secondary colors and I only have 2 yards. Any suggestions to patterns for queen quilt? I thought about Warm Wishes, with differing pinks for the borders.
    Old 04-16-2011, 05:20 PM
    Banned

Sandy....happy to see you are back. We all better watch out with the new knee you will be running ciricles around us.

MJ...........I love warm wishes I just pinned the binding on my F D-I-L B-day quilt it is warm wishes. Or what would also be very pretty is a sq in a sq and use the rose as the center sq.
    Old 04-16-2011, 06:47 PM

Sandy, I'm am glad to hear you are doing well after your harrowing experience. It doesn't seem like you'll have time to eat between the CPM machine and PT. Prayers continue your way for a speedy, full recovery.
    Old 04-16-2011, 06:48 PM

I've been a bit depressed lately and I'm eating far to many calories, arghhh!

I need to kick myself in the tush and get out of this funk.
    Old 04-16-2011, 07:38 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by CAROLJ

ditto!!!!!!!!!
    Old 04-16-2011, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by trupeach1
    Originally Posted by CAROLJ

ditto!!!!!!!!!
    If I drank I'd go get drunk! I'm sorry you're still down Tru.
    Old 04-16-2011, 08:39 PM

CARRIE, THANK YOU for keeping contact with my dtr and keeping everyone here informed and updated on my condition. I appreciate it. You are a sweetie. And again, everyone, I appreciate your many prayers. Love, Sandy

Tru, right now you dont have to run very fast to get away from my kicking your butts in gear. I am literally taking baby steps. You could walk a leisure pace and stay ahead of me right now. haha. Goodnight everyone.
    Old 04-16-2011, 09:08 PM

Just got a message from Sandy, bless her heart! With all she is going through she is worried about being slow sending me a FQ for the March swap. I told her not to worry and take care of herself. But I do want to take a second to thank everyone for the great FQs you have sent and thank you all for letting me hang out here again this month!

I am not having the best week. It seems like everytime I turn around I get bad news from somewhere and it seems to have gotten kind of overwelming. Have any of you just felt like you were carrying a brick around in your chest when too much bad and stressful things happen at once? Sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours. And on top of the sad news I was asked to do 2 things by two different friends that are causing alot of stress. I'm am not trying to whine just wondering if any of you ever feel like hiding when to many stressful things happen at once? On the bright side though it hasn't made me want to go scarf down chocolate and doughnuts like I used too. I am not sure what has changed in me but I am not going to complain!!! lol
    Old 04-16-2011, 09:26 PM

It seems like depression is running across the country like a flu epidemic. Its hitting so many of us of all ages and health conditions. From what I am reading here our biggest help with our own depression has come when we have been praying and sending hugs to others in need. I think I will start keeping a list each day of all that need or want some kind of help so I can keep them in prayer, in my heart and mind. I am tired of feeling useless or worthless. I can pray, I can send out hugs. I can send out love.
    Old 04-16-2011, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by SWChick
    It seems like depression is running across the country like a flu epidemic. Its hitting so many of us of all ages and health conditions. From what I am reading here our biggest help with our own depression has come when we have been praying and sending hugs to others in need. I think I will start keeping a list each day of all that need or want some kind of help so I can keep them in prayer, in my heart and mind. I am tired of feeling useless or worthless. I can pray, I can send out hugs. I can send out love.
    Great positive thinking.

I'm generally up, but I can't seem to shake the blues. I give myself three days to feel sorry for myself, so tomorrow, I have to be positive.

I need to do something for someone else. I have a very blessed life and I need t pass those blessing on to someone else.