Aprons

Old 09-22-2024, 03:54 AM

Mkotch, my dad had Parkinson’s too and totally agree with you on bibs being sad for both dad and I. As the disease progressed, he declined mentally as well. So I took one of his shirts cut off the sleeves and down the sides and finished the edges. Then I cut the collar in half at the back and added a tab for closure. When it was time to eat I’d say let’s put on your shirt dad and he had no problem wearing a shirt over his normal clothes. He died 2 years ago and I still have those shirt bibs. Some days I think I need to wear one just to save my clothes. It seems I am a sloppy eater. LOL
Old 09-22-2024, 03:56 AM

But I always wears an apron when cooking and especially baking. Mine cover my chest to just above my knees, with ties in the back that I bring round and tie in the front. I also use aprons in the garden for picking veggies just like my Grandma.
Old 09-22-2024, 04:21 AM

I’ve made aprons of all styles. The most useful ones were full coverage. Made some of those for my MIL that had a button behind the neck. No tying necessary. A couple big pockets in front were good on all aprons
Old 09-22-2024, 04:53 AM

My mom, Aunts, and gramma always wore what sounds like onebyone duster. No sleeves. Snapped all the way down the front. When i was in high school my friend got one from my mom. She recently found it in a move and used it to make a “memory” gnome for me. What a great memory! When my Aunt passed, a co-worker made 4 memory bears for my sisters and I out of aprons! People are so talented!
Old 09-22-2024, 05:50 AM

Before Covid, my Ladies Dinner group took turns hosting a monthly dinner/happy hour with a White Elephant type gift exchange. The host picks the gift theme (around $20). Sooo much fun. Which brings me to the Apron exchange. So many cute aprons. Great idea!
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM

Mom preferred the type of apron that had an adjustable strap around the neck to hold up the bib. When Williams & Sonoma came out with their apron it was the bee's knees. The strap goes around the neck, threads down the sides of the bib, and out the back. There's enough length to wrap the straps around to tie in the front. I have one with pink ticking stripes my daughter bought for me. Love, love, love it.
Old Yesterday, 09:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by L'il Chickadee
Mom preferred the type of apron that had an adjustable strap around the neck to hold up the bib. When Williams & Sonoma came out with their apron it was the bee's knees. The strap goes around the neck, threads down the sides of the bib, and out the back. There's enough length to wrap the straps around to tie in the front. I have one with pink ticking stripes my daughter bought for me. Love, love, love it.
Can you post a picture of it, please?
Old Today, 04:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by bearisgray
Can you post a picture of it, please?
I found this on the Google which led me to their website. I think it is called the ultimate apron

https://www.williams-sonoma.com/prod...caAtF6EALw_wcB

Old Today, 05:06 AM

I thought the one L'il Chickadee had would be more like the ones seen at https://www.instructables.com/How-to...e-chefs-apron/ and http://ahenandherchicks.blogspot.com...l?spref=bl&m=1 as she said it "threads down the sides of the bib"