Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Arrrgg!!!!   Weight Loss Commercials! >
  • Arrrgg!!!! Weight Loss Commercials!

• Arrrgg!!!! Weight Loss Commercials!

Old 04-04-2010, 02:10 AM
    Banned

Originally Posted by penny doty
    ok I went from size 22 to a size 8 in this last year, I call it my pain diet, the thing is if these people lost this much wight, where is the extra skin at? they don't have any because they have not lost any wight. Penny
    Thats the ones that need the wrinkle cream. :lol:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-44050.jpe  
    Old 04-04-2010, 07:07 AM

Ugh, those commercials drive me crazy. I'm skinny to begin with, but Sasha isn't, and every time he turns around he's griping about his weight. Tried this pill, this suppliment, this powder, blah blah blah. He is NOT a big guy, by any means, but his biggest vice is portion control. He LOVES food, and instead of taking a normal portion of mashed potatos, he'll take a whole pile of them. Yeah, ok, they're good for you, but double portions are what's making it hard to lost weight, not the kinds of food. Or, we'll make chicken, and he'll make three breasts instead of two, to keep leftovers, but he can't leave it as a leftover... He'll finish his chicken, pick out of my plate, and eat 3/4 of the other one we left on the counter to be kept as a leftover for me. His excuse is that it doesn't taste good re-heated. Ok, then DON'T make it to begin with!!
    Or snacking, that one is hard. He'll take some crackers, but instead of taking some in a little bowl, he'll take the whole box, and before he knows it, he's eaten the whole thing. Sure, cereal is good for you, healthy, but they tell you that 3/4 cup of cereal has 160 calories. How many ppl actually have a 3/4 cup bowl of cereal? Even I don't.
    All these ppl on TV have trainers, and nutritionists and everything to help them lose the weight, and noone said how long after they lost the weight it took for them to tone up and do the commercial. Ya, ok, so maybe it took 2 months to lose 40 lbs, but then another 6 months to tone up all the loose skin and THEN do the commercial.
    Other than Weight Watchers (which I really do believe in) there is no miracle weight loss system. The quick and easy ones work temporarily, but when you start eating again, watch out! Plus, they mess up your metabolism, so you almost HAVE to go to the gym or find some way of doing cardio and exercise to keep your metabolism going...
    *sigh* I feel so bad for Sasha, he's been able to lose the weight several times, but he just can't seem to keep it off.
    Like I said, he's not even very big either (5'9", 170-175 lbs), and it's a big struggle for him.
    Old 04-04-2010, 08:14 AM

WOW!!! What diet did you do, or did you cut down? I am SOOOO impressed!!! Way to go!!
    Old 04-04-2010, 10:44 AM

Would like to get back into my size 12 clothes. That was the ideal size for me. I felt great and am tall so looked pretty good too. I haven't really changed my eating habits at all and now I go between 2 or 3 sizes larger! Damn that metabolism!
    Old 04-04-2010, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
    Originally Posted by raptureready
    Originally Posted by Olivia's Grammy
    Like the ad at the bottom of the page. I want to wave my ugly wrinkles away. Just the ugly one mind you.
    Go to page one and I mentioned how to get rid of wrinkles. It least that's the way I do it. :lol: :lol: ooops, never mind I guess that part didn't go through. Oh well.
    So how did you get rid of the wrinkles?
    Well, when I want them off my face I take off my bra.
    I'm glad I was finished eating my smoothie before I read this. Think I'll take off mine.
    Old 04-04-2010, 02:08 PM

The key words on all the commercials are: "Results not typical." Nuff said.
    Old 04-04-2010, 02:29 PM

Well girls, I have read all that everyone has written.
    My story...my thyroid was in almost complete shut down before I knew it. I was eating salads & drinking lots of water & continued to gain weight! I thought what the heck is wrong!!!
    I became diabetic from the rapid weight gain...BUT today after 2 years (after my back surgery) which I also might add that I have had 11 surgeries in 10 years on all parts of my body. Anyhow, as of this day, I have lost 160 lbs. I am soooo proud of myself...but I am not finished yet!
    What worked for me??? I will tell you!
    Everyday between noon & 1 p.m. I ate one cucumber cut up in a bowl, sometimes I added a tomatoe, sometimes I added a small amount of dressing. BUT I did NOT deviate from that schedule of the hour. Always ate the cucumber between that hour. I ate a normal supper, drank lots of water & stopped taking the 7 shots of insulin a day.
    I still have the thyroid & will the rest of my life. I still want to lose a bit more. 30 lbs. would do it... but I thought why not just go for another 60 lbs.
    I feel like a new person, I can walk.. thank the GOOD LORD for that & another 30 lbs I should be no longer be a diabetic.
    So IF you want to try what I did... take a chance!
    DO NOT get discouraged..it takes about 3 weeks to start seeing weight loss (if did for me) then after about 2 months you will stop losing for a couple weeks then your weight starts coming off again.
    Funny thing is...after my back surgery, I was going to go have the 'lap band' surgery...I didn't NEED it! I found something that worked for me. Flab... yep I have it, my 1 little granddaughter calls it 'Nana's funny fat' have to laugh at her, she is such a cutie. BUT I can live with the flab...I feel great. I have also done research that sometimes...your flab is absorbed back in your body. I seen that with my father in law. He is skin & bones now.
    So sorry to ramble on...but I just had to tell you my story.
    Love to you all!
    Old 04-04-2010, 07:22 PM

after losing all that weight and showing them in bikinis I would like to know where those stretch marks and flab went?
    Old 04-05-2010, 06:47 AM

Yeah, I'm sick of all those commercials too. I think all those programs are ripoffs. I did try Weight Watchers a few years ago. You have to attend meetings & I found it extremely depressing. I needed to lose lots of pounds. There were people in my program who looked perfect to me but had joined to lose 10 pounds. Can you imagine how being around those people would really put a damper on any sense of encouragement I might feel from the program? I got so tired of hearing how difficult it was for them to lose their ten pounds. Also, it was sickening to listen to adults whine about WHY they had that piece of pie on Sunday or WHY they ate a piece of candy on Tuesday. To me, it was so simple to say "I ate something I shouldn't, and that was bad. Now, get back with the program." But most of the others in my group seemed to need justification for their shortcomings and continued to feel the need to explain. I just got to tired of it I stopped going. I had always thought Weight Watchers was about "support", but I certainly felt none of that.
    Old 04-05-2010, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by ProudGranny5
    Well girls, I have read all that everyone has written.
    My story...my thyroid was in almost complete shut down before I knew it. I was eating salads & drinking lots of water & continued to gain weight! I thought what the heck is wrong!!!
    I became diabetic from the rapid weight gain...BUT today after 2 years (after my back surgery) which I also might add that I have had 11 surgeries in 10 years on all parts of my body. Anyhow, as of this day, I have lost 160 lbs. I am soooo proud of myself...but I am not finished yet!
    What worked for me??? I will tell you!
    Everyday between noon & 1 p.m. I ate one cucumber cut up in a bowl, sometimes I added a tomatoe, sometimes I added a small amount of dressing. BUT I did NOT deviate from that schedule of the hour. Always ate the cucumber between that hour. I ate a normal supper, drank lots of water & stopped taking the 7 shots of insulin a day.
    I still have the thyroid & will the rest of my life. I still want to lose a bit more. 30 lbs. would do it... but I thought why not just go for another 60 lbs.
    I feel like a new person, I can walk.. thank the GOOD LORD for that & another 30 lbs I should be no longer be a diabetic.
    So IF you want to try what I did... take a chance!
    DO NOT get discouraged..it takes about 3 weeks to start seeing weight loss (if did for me) then after about 2 months you will stop losing for a couple weeks then your weight starts coming off again.
    Funny thing is...after my back surgery, I was going to go have the 'lap band' surgery...I didn't NEED it! I found something that worked for me. Flab... yep I have it, my 1 little granddaughter calls it 'Nana's funny fat' have to laugh at her, she is such a cutie. BUT I can live with the flab...I feel great. I have also done research that sometimes...your flab is absorbed back in your body. I seen that with my father in law. He is skin & bones now.
    So sorry to ramble on...but I just had to tell you my story.
    Love to you all!
    Loosing weight has gotten to be a billion $ business and people come up with new plans everyday.
    Did you eat regular meals the rest of the day so this was your noon "meal"? And where did you learn this?
    I'm over 170 lbs. now but was 120-130 for years. In my mid 40's I met and married a man who doesn't mind cooking so I slowly began to gain weight. I feel my best at 145 and would love to get back to that weight again. I'm addicted to sweets and chocolate and if I'd cut down on them I'd loose a few lbs.
    What bothers me is the young kids that are obese and morbidly obese at such a young age and they usually have parents that are that way.
    People need to take responsibility for what they put in their mouth and I'll be the 1st one to admit I'm one of those people.
    ~Deb~