Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Arrrgg!!!!   Weight Loss Commercials! >
  • Arrrgg!!!! Weight Loss Commercials!

• Arrrgg!!!! Weight Loss Commercials!

Old 04-05-2010, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by mytwopals
    This week on the biggest loser, they had a man who went from 672 lbs down to 248 lbs. I think, I have the numbers correct or at least close. It was amazing to see. He lost over 400 lbs. Now that was a transformation.
    Oh, I love this show, have not missed one yet, that guy was amazing, but I thought they could have at least had Bob * Jillian with him, he did super. That's like three people lost, wish one of them was me!!!!
    Old 04-05-2010, 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by penny doty
    ok I went from size 22 to a size 8 in this last year, I call it my pain diet, the thing is if these people lost this much wight, where is the extra skin at? they don't have any because they have not lost any wight. Penny
    I agree, there's usally surgery involved for them, I lost 38LBS, took me a year, gained a few back, due to health reasons, but back on track now, but oh that extra skin?? Anybody need some???
    Old 04-05-2010, 02:24 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by marsye
    Originally Posted by penny doty
    ok I went from size 22 to a size 8 in this last year, I call it my pain diet, the thing is if these people lost this much wight, where is the extra skin at? they don't have any because they have not lost any wight. Penny
    Thats the ones that need the wrinkle cream. :lol:
    roflmbo that was great :lol: Penny
    Old 04-05-2010, 02:30 PM

Oh, yeah, saw it, done that. Like you said keeping it off is the hard part. Unfourtainly people who are naturally skinny just do NOT understand that it is not a question of will power. It is GENETIC! So we have to constantly watch what we eat when they can eat whatever. I just wish they could "walk a mile " in our shoes!
    Originally Posted by QBeth
    Oh I SO agree with everyone!! Having lost BIG weight three times in my life, I can honestly say that losing the weight (although not easy) is not the hardest part. It's keeping the weight off that is really tough!!!

Don't know if anyone else saw this a couple of years back.... the episode of Oprah where Kirstie Alley did a tap dance in tights to show off her new weight loss? I felt like crying for her because I knew what would happen. Yup, she gained it back. And, for her, all so publicly. Poor woman.
    Old 04-05-2010, 02:41 PM
    Banned

you just made me chock :lol: :lol: :lol: Penny
    Old 04-05-2010, 02:44 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by raptureready
    Originally Posted by barnbum
    Originally Posted by raptureready

Well, when I want them off my face I take off my bra.
    Oh my goodness--that's a riot.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you come up with that? :lol: :lol:
    No, someone else said it first but I like it. I did, however, tell my sister that when your butt's as big as mine within ten steps even granny panties become a thong. She got really embarrassed but the check out ladies in JC Pennys were cracking up.
    :lol: :lol: :lol: you are great. Penny
    Old 04-05-2010, 02:55 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by quiltincharlotte
    WOW!!! What diet did you do, or did you cut down? I am SOOOO impressed!!! Way to go!!
    I did not diet, I just started dropping pounds on a rapid bases, unfortunetly they think it might be lung caner, but with no health insurance I cant afford mri's for lung or back. thats why I call it the pain diet. so thats why I want to learn to quilt so bad, I want to be able to give each one of my family a meaning- ful gift from me, and I want to enjoy life just in case. but all of you are so good for me. and thank you for that. Penny
    Old 04-05-2010, 03:16 PM

After reading what everyone said and getting off the floor where I had fallen laughing.........A few years ago I went on a diet and lost about 35#...The problem was the wrinkles!!! I had wrinkles in the strangest places!!! I may have looked good when I was all covered with clothes, but I live in Florida!!! So I put some of the weight back on until I could stand to look at myself again.Of coarse, I keep my bra on!!!! :lol:

Ditter
    Old 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ditter43
    After reading what everyone said and getting off the floor where I had fallen laughing.........A few years ago I went on a diet and lost about 35#...The problem was the wrinkles!!! I had wrinkles in the strangest places!!! I may have looked good when I was all covered with clothes, but I live in Florida!!! So I put some of the weight back on until I could stand to look at myself again.Of coarse, I keep my bra on!!!! :lol:

Ditter
    Oh,this one got me for sure. I LMAO- but I do agree with you, sometimes, that extra skin & wrinkles just isn't worth it?
    Old 04-06-2010, 10:10 AM

You go girl! You have every right to share your story!!! YOU are a success story!! I too found WW not what I thought. It seemed clichish to me - no one really talked to anyone unless they were friends. Plus $15 a week, driving there . . . a pain!!
    LOVE your story!!!! You are motivating and inspiring!