Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Arrrgg!!!!   Weight Loss Commercials! >
  • Arrrgg!!!! Weight Loss Commercials!

• Arrrgg!!!! Weight Loss Commercials!

Old 04-06-2010, 11:09 AM

It must really depend on your WW group or leader. I've been going for a while now and I'm down 25 lbs. At least I was until Easter came.
    Old 04-06-2010, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
    Originally Posted by quiltincharlotte
    WOW!!! What diet did you do, or did you cut down? I am SOOOO impressed!!! Way to go!!
    I did not diet, I just started dropping pounds on a rapid bases, unfortunetly they think it might be lung caner, but with no health insurance I cant afford mri's for lung or back. thats why I call it the pain diet. so thats why I want to learn to quilt so bad, I want to be able to give each one of my family a meaning- ful gift from me, and I want to enjoy life just in case. but all of you are so good for me. and thank you for that. Penny
    I'm sorry to hear about your undiagnosed illness. Is there any way to get those tests paid for? It sounds like another story that validates the mess our insurance/medical system is in.
    I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    ~Deb~
    Old 04-06-2010, 12:00 PM

Diet to lose weight healthy--- log everything
    30 carbs for breakfast (Oatmeal is best)
    15 carbs for snack
    45 carbs for lunch
    15 carbs for snack
    45 carbs for supper
    15 carbs for bedtime snack if needed
    How do i know? i am DIABETIC and would love to know how many more there are on the board. maybe start a support group or Question and answer round in Diaries or somewhere
    Old 04-06-2010, 12:18 PM

I'm with you most days ! I'm sure my leg is bigger than a size 4. I feel bad for the stars that lose so much then gain it back; poor Kirsty Alley! I know for a fact, it is not easy to lose it. I gained 70lbs the year I quit smoking, I got up to 250. That was in 1999. The lowest I've been since then is 168. uh.... today it's 186.... I've been on Weight watchers since 2003. I like it because I pretty much eat whatever I want ( i'm supposed to eat less of it though) I mostly do it 'in theory', but I have to say I'm in the best physical condition I've ever been.... As for the 18 lbs I've put on since last summer... oh, well, I'll just take it off again... I mean it! I'm not going to make a chocolate cake for the 3rd week in a row! LOL!!!
    Old 04-06-2010, 04:36 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by Deb G
    Originally Posted by penny doty
    WOW!!! What diet did you do, or did you cut down? I am SOOOO impressed!!! Way to go!!
    I did not diet, I just started dropping pounds on a rapid bases, unfortunetly they think it might be lung caner, but with no health insurance I cant afford mri's for lung or back. thats why I call it the pain diet. so thats why I want to learn to quilt so bad, I want to be able to give each one of my family a meaning- ful gift from me, and I want to enjoy life just in case. but all of you are so good for me. and thank you for that. Penny
    I'm sorry to hear about your undiagnosed illness. Is there any way to get those tests paid for? It sounds like another story that validates the mess our insurance/medical system is in.
    I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    ~Deb~
    If I get SSS, and now that they can't say pre-existing, I just hope SSS does not take three years, some days are really hard to breath. Penny
    Old 04-06-2010, 04:44 PM

Penny, you have touched my heart . . . . I will pray for you and you will be in my thoughts. Please keep me posted on how you are feeling. Is there any place who could at least tell you what you have, without you having to pay? That is just so unfair. I am so angry you cannot get help when you need it. Bless you, char
    Old 04-06-2010, 10:28 PM
    Banned

Penny, you have touched my heart . . . . I will pray for you and you will be in my thoughts. Please keep me posted on how you are feeling. Is there any place who could at least tell you what you have, without you having to pay? That is just so unfair. I am so angry you cannot get help when you need it. Bless you, char
    nobody is gone to help me, until I get SSS, thank you for your concern, me and hubby take it one day at a time, as we have told are family nothing of this. they think it is glass lung. I have not looked in to this, but my friend at the beach did and there is no cure for it. that is all I needed to hear to know, that I wanted to make my family a quilt. and I so thank the ladies that have sent fabric to make it start happening for me. just as soon as I learn haha.Penny
    Old 04-07-2010, 04:48 PM

Hi there, what kind of fabric are you looking for? If I have something you would like, I would be happy to send it to you. Bless you, char
    Old 04-11-2010, 10:57 PM
    Banned

Hi there, what kind of fabric are you looking for? If I have something you would like, I would be happy to send it to you. Bless you, char
    I could use cotton fabrics so I can make large quilts. and thank you. Penny
    Old 04-12-2010, 05:15 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Naturalmama
    Originally Posted by karielt
    Oh my gosh you just made me laugh and I totaly agree with you. Like Marie Osmand she lost 50lbs on Nutri-system... well number 1 I'm sure they gave her the food for free and are paying her a pretty penny to be their cheerleader. Another thing is I have seen her she lives pretty close and she is short and a size 0 now. I just want to be a real woman and see a size 10 again.
    You've seen her? *sigh* I remember when I was going to marry her brother Donny.... way back when my thighs were a 0.....
    gack! what? you thought me and Donnie would get a divorce and you could have the leftovers?
    My thighs have never been a size 0. Until I got on this board, I didn't know there was a size 0!
    um, so smooth talker came along and cut Donnie off at the pass, so his loss :lol: