Attention Dieters

Old 10-08-2011, 04:05 PM

amyjo, you can walk 50 feet further today than yesterday and so on. In less than four you will be able to walk a mile. If I didn't walk every day, I wouldn't be able to. Osteoarthritis, RA, Lupus, fibromyalgia, osteoporsis, several orthopedic surgeries, etc have all taken their toll- and two frozen shoulder - one healed, one functional. It's move it or lose time for me now.

Original question, lost 56 pounds, kept it off for 5 years, gained back 20 and am now finishing up losing those. Diet - eat less, move more. I do like to complete my carbs by lunch and do low carb in the second half of the day.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:06 PM

There is no way that you can just diet and keep the weight off. You have to change your eating habits for the rest of your life.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:11 PM

I did it on low carb high protein and lots of water. I weigh in daily. If I gain 3 lbs I do my diet for one or two days. I stay away from overindulging in bread, cake, etc. My downfall. I eat in moderation but do not deprive myself.
Old 10-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Power Poster

I did Weight Watchers .... and yes, it's not about a "diet", rather about lifestyle changes!! So long as I keep with the lifestyle (eat less, make better choices, move more) it works. And when I don't, well, I have to kick myself to get back to doing what needs to be done!
Old 10-08-2011, 04:51 PM

congrats to all who kept the weight off. i wasn't as successful the first 2 times. but, i'm back in the game trying again. good luck to all who are also trying to make the lifestyle change as well.
Old 10-08-2011, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by zipit
There is no way that you can just diet and keep the weight off. You have to change your eating habits for the rest of your life.

exactly. I eat clean. no sugar, flour, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods. Very limited dairy. I shop the outer aisles of the grocery store. I eat fruits, vegetables, and meats. I drink lots of water. I exercise every day and eat 6 small meals per day. I do make some exceptions but eat clean 90-95% of the time. I do NOT miss pasta, ice cream, desserts, heavy sauces, etc. After 3 weeks, all cravings disappeared. I rarely get headaches or colds and I am never starving.

I was a size 12 in highschool. 20 years, a full time job and two pregnancies later, I am a size 4. Love the way eating healthy makes me feel.
Old 10-08-2011, 07:54 PM
JT

exactly. I eat clean. no sugar, flour, caffeine, alcohol, processed foods. Very limited dairy. I shop the outer aisles of the grocery store. I eat fruits, vegetables, and meats. I drink lots of water. I exercise every day and eat 6 small meals per day. I do make some exceptions but eat clean 90-95% of the time. I do NOT miss pasta, ice cream, desserts, heavy sauces, etc. After 3 weeks, all cravings disappeared. I rarely get headaches or colds and I am never starving.

I was a size 12 in highschool. 20 years, a full time job and two pregnancies later, I am a size 4. Love the way eating healthy makes me feel.[/quote]

WOW!! I've been on weight watchers and been successful 3 times. My problem is keeping it off, and keeping my head in the game. I admire those that make it work. I haven't given up, I'm still working on it.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:13 PM

Hmmm.....
Well then....
The weight is like relatives, it visits every year around the holidays, But I always send it packing!
Old 10-08-2011, 08:13 PM

I went to the free website MyFitnessPal.com and use their free daily food journal. So far I've lost 5 lbs in a little over a week. Years ago I went to Weight Watchers and lost 42 lbs. Didn't keep it off as I didn't change my way of eating. It is hard to move with arthritis, etc. but I try to do some kind of exercise every day, even if it is just walking for 20 to 30 minues. You have to be dedicated and keep at it. Hopefully I will get to where I want to be before Thanksgiving. Good Luck to all of you in your weight loss journey.
Old 10-08-2011, 08:20 PM

What an encouragement you all are for those of us who are trying to keep weight down.