Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-04-2011, 08:21 AM

Congrats, Get well, Feel better to all who need it.

Now a funny little story for all.

I had a big meeting to go to some years ago and the man of the house at that time loved clorox. when he washed anything he would dump in alot. ( I used to hide most of my dirty clothes and the girls too, so Mister Clorox would not ruin them.) Ok so all dressed up for the meeting wearing my most fab skirt and jacket no hose and fab shoes. Rush to the rest room before the meeting and pull up my underwear and the entire waist band pulled off of the underwear. I almost knocked myself out. Attempt to flap the underwear back up and adjust the waist band so that it sort of holds and walk carefully back to the meeting. Everything is going great until i feel the underwear unflap! walking carefully with my thighs pressed together for the rest of the meeting, was a challenge. (susan summers and her thigh master would have been proud)
    Mr. Clorox was banned from the laundry room from then on.

I am winning this battle this time!
    Lost ! pound so far this month! Yeah me!
    Lisa
    Old 08-04-2011, 08:32 AM

i agree! yay, you! losing, or nearly losing, underwear is a fairly common thing on this thread. always funny!! ask me about walmart! yesterday i pulled my shorts off without undoing them. nice! lol saves so much time undressing. why bother with zippers or buttons- think i'll just get elastic from now on!
    i am losing! i am in control (except for my pants). it's up to me!
    Old 08-04-2011, 08:45 AM

Good Morning Ladies, welcome to all the new comers. I have not been on much lately, returning from vacation and going straight back to work. I did put on weight when I was on vacation and I am going to take it back off.

This heat is a killer. When I got off work last night (later than normal) at 10:30 pm here in dallas the temp in the car still, read 101. UGGH I am ready for this to end. Then when I got closer to home 30 mins later it said 102. It wasnt until after midnight that it dropped below 100.

Remember to stay hydrated and drink your water. I drink water with lemons. I drink half my weight in ounces when I remember (this is what one doctor told me to do to lose weight).

I am in control and I am losing weight.

Good Luck Ladies, prayers going out for those in need.
    Old 08-04-2011, 08:47 AM

For some reason I didn't get an email notice this morning about updates for this or anything on the quilting board. Huh!
    I am not having a problem with my underwear falling off - just the opposite. For the last few weeks the left leg band is cutting in and driving me crazy. I bought a larger size. Now they are baggy but the elastic still cuts in. I bought some with lace at the legs; same problem. I cut the lace and a bit into the fabric to give me more room - still bad. Yesterday I bought some boy short style underwear - not quite as bad but still digging in some. I don't know what is going on!
    MJ, please take care of yourself and follow doctor's instructions. Don't miss any appointments!
    Yesterday I bought new walking shoes and also some to wear indoors when I do my videos. No excuses now; I can exercise in any weather!
    Everyone have a great day; eat right and exercise! I am losing!!
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:26 AM

I just love the underwear stories. They are so funny. Glad I don't have any to share.
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
    i didn't see a few of the regulars like scrapngmom and jennifer22206. i hope they'll at least join us for the boost.
    Yes, I posted awhile back asking to be on for the encouragement, not the contest. Thanks for remembering me.
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by nancia
    thank you! i had a chance to watch mother and child nursing and then i talked to the baby. she is so beautiful! i think she'll have her daddy's smile since she has the family upper lip. i love c-sec babies. always so pretty!! of course, i'm sure she's bright too. i won't be able to go see her for quite awhile. her aunt and i are in the middle of a spat. and i will probably bite off my nose to spite my face as the old saying goes. i'm just so hurt and angry i don't want to see anyone. we were going to stay at her place but she has rescinded the invitation. she did NOT learn that from me. this does however bode well for my weight loss attempt as i normally can't eat when i'm upset. to be honest, right now i don't care about that. enough. i have been too much on the thread tonight. let's not mention it again and other people can chat. i could use the distraction. so, anyone read any good books lately? discuss!
    Did you make a ticker?I see the numbers where your signature goes.After I joined fitness.com and got a password and username,I clicked on the 'tools' tab.Clicked 'get a ticker' and it took me to a page that said to 'pick a background color' or put in your own picture' then continued.Next pg was 'pick a slider',next pg was "do you want weight lost or weight to go"then I 'copied it & pasted it. You got the right idea,just need 'the ticker'.Good luck
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by elm
    Good morning all. Exercising yesterday worked and I lost another half pound. So, in a little while I'll head to the senior center and use that fitness room again. Hope everyone is remembering to drink water or non calorie/caffien drinks. Every diet plan I ever tried stressed that. Someone asked about good books. I'm reading The Cavalier Case by Antonia Fraser it's a light mystery, easy read and fun.
    We've all stressed water here.I saw on utube we need 1/2 our weight in oz of water.
    Old 08-04-2011, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by pnptrapp
    I've lost 2 lbs!!!

I'm so excited! Now I just need to do that a couple more times this month and I might have a shot at getting all that faboulus fabric!

Have any of you heard of CBW? Crazy Bowls and Wraps! It's a great place to eat. very Healthy but huge portions!
    Good job!That's great.
    Old 08-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    Congrats, Get well, Feel better to all who need it.

Now a funny little story for all.

I had a big meeting to go to some years ago and the man of the house at that time loved clorox. when he washed anything he would dump in alot. ( I used to hide most of my dirty clothes and the girls too, so Mister Clorox would not ruin them.) Ok so all dressed up for the meeting wearing my most fab skirt and jacket no hose and fab shoes. Rush to the rest room before the meeting and pull up my underwear and the entire waist band pulled off of the underwear. I almost knocked myself out. Attempt to flap the underwear back up and adjust the waist band so that it sort of holds and walk carefully back to the meeting. Everything is going great until i feel the underwear unflap! walking carefully with my thighs pressed together for the rest of the meeting, was a challenge. (susan summers and her thigh master would have been proud)
    Mr. Clorox was banned from the laundry room from then on.

I am winning this battle this time!
    Lost ! pound so far this month! Yeah me!
    Lisa
    Oh,that's a good one.He be banned for good.Too much is not good.