Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-04-2011, 09:08 PM

:thumbup: Liz. If I were in competition for the skinny quarter I'd be worried. You are serious about this. :thumbup:
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:14 PM

MJ is in my prayers, I have lost 2 lbs this month and have changed the way of eating, My Dr. said no sugar, fruits or breads and only 1 quart of water a day, that's a bummer but I need to do it for health reasons. I also started exercising with Jillian Michaels, she's a kick. Everyone stay well and keep losing.

Cookie
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Cookie64
    MJ is in my prayers, I have lost 2 lbs this month and have changed the way of eating, My Dr. said no sugar, fruits or breads and only 1 quart of water a day, that's a bummer but I need to do it for health reasons. I also started exercising with Jillian Michaels, she's a kick. Everyone stay well and keep losing.

Cookie
    2 pounds,great job!Your Dr. knows best.If he says 1 qt of water,then there is a good reason.I'm glad you are changing your way of eating.I knew if I wanted to get it off and "keep" it off {which is key} that I was going to have to change the way I did things.{my eating habits}And it would have to be a life style,life long change.And it is working,and does work.Even tho it takes time,it's adding yrs to my life.I did 2 pounds a month too.Only 3 pounds last month.But one month was 9 pounds.so I never know what my body is going to do.All I do know is that every pound adds up.So,good job
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 PM

Cookie, that diet would work for me. I'm glad it's working for you. Are you having trouble sticking to it? I am such a sugarholic.
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Where's MJ? It's been over 24 hours since we heard from her. Those of us so inclined need to pray for her now.
    Well,I don't know.She's a night owl like me.And with the heart problem she's probably tired.She'll probably check in soon.If we don't hear anything by tomorrow morning,you may have to give us our shout out for the day.And words of wisdom.Your last one is still being used.MJ keeps us on track and is the glue that binds us.So,I'll pray for sure.I know she said if anything happened to continue on,and she was ready to go.But it's not her time yet.She has a book to write and a job to do,both here and on the internet.We will all be strong for her and make her proud and continue to lose.Now,let's get this weight off and keep going.I got a ways to go yet.And am not even done.
    Old 08-04-2011, 09:55 PM

Last month we each set our personal goal and wrote on the last day of the calendar. I think it helped me to see the big yellow 2 on the calendar as I checked it daily. You don't have to post it here, just where you can see it. Be sure to make it an attainable amount.
    Old 08-04-2011, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Cookie, that diet would work for me. I'm glad it's working for you. Are you having trouble sticking to it? I am such a sugarholic.
    Irishrose It's the bread and water I miss, sweets I can take them or leave them. Never was much of sweet eater. Those Fries and potato chips I miss a lot but know I need to get this weight off so I can live to 100, ha ha.

Cookie
    Old 08-04-2011, 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Pam H
    For some reason I didn't get an email notice this morning about updates for this or anything on the quilting board. Huh!
    I am not having a problem with my underwear falling off - just the opposite. For the last few weeks the left leg band is cutting in and driving me crazy. I bought a larger size. Now they are baggy but the elastic still cuts in. I bought some with lace at the legs; same problem. I cut the lace and a bit into the fabric to give me more room - still bad. Yesterday I bought some boy short style underwear - not quite as bad but still digging in some. I don't know what is going on!
    MJ, please take care of yourself and follow doctor's instructions. Don't miss any appointments!
    Yesterday I bought new walking shoes and also some to wear indoors when I do my videos. No excuses now; I can exercise in any weather!
    Everyone have a great day; eat right and exercise! I am losing!!
    I wonder if you couldn't take the elastic off and put on a stretchy knit binding.It would not dig in,and would be stretchy and comfortable,yet would be an easy fix.My hubby has some long legged underware shorts for men,their cotton.And are comfy.Covers 'everything' up.Too bad they can't make us some.I'd buy them.Of course I can wear his too if I needed to.But I like nylon.Anyway,it's a couple of thoughts that would work.
    Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 PM

xylie--careful what you ask for. they do make long leg panties for women. sears, k-mart, probably macy's may carry them. not glam, but i believe they are comfy.
    Old 08-04-2011, 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    xylie--careful what you ask for. they do make long leg panties for women. sears, k-mart, probably macy's may carry them. not glam, but i believe they are comfy.
    Well,guess I'll have to get out more and look.I didn't know that.I bet not many know that.I'll look online.What are they called? I'll put in long legged panties.I hate creeping panties and have to pull them down a bit.We have target,but they took our k-mart out 7 yrs ago.And of course 4 Walmarts in the area scattered about.No Macy's.I'm curious now.I'm going to go have to see what they are.I might really like them better.I hope their not like the rhonda shear ones that are like girdles,they'd be too tight and my fat would roll up and out the top.LOL!HA<HA<HA< Oh,just looked and 3rd one down was "nursinghomepanties" WHAT?