Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-05-2011, 12:02 AM

i didn't know nursing homes wore panties!
    Old 08-05-2011, 02:21 AM

has anyone tried the Low Carb Shirataki Noodles?

"* made of naturally water soluble fiber with no fat, sugar, or starch. * contain zero net carbohydrates and zero calories, no gluten-made of a healthy natural fiber called Glucomannan. * wheat & gluten free and kosher. * Easily absorbs the flavors of any soup, dish, or sauce. * are instant and come in a variety of styles. "

i was at the grocery store yesterday and totally forgot to look for them...not even sure what i would be looking for either!
    Old 08-05-2011, 03:39 AM

Good morning everyone. I am sorry to hear that some of you are having medical issues. It's got to be challenging dealing with those issues and weight loss as well. A big thumbs up to all of you :thumbup: and double thumbs up to those that are losing

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Yesterday my day went fairly well. Helped my friend with clearing out things from his daughter that passed away. We then went to lunch at a mexican restaurant that had a buffet. I felt good about what I chose and didn't go back a second time. I got out and walked 4 miles before it got hot that morbing and then worked in my yard for about an hour. So I figure I burned off that mexican buffet.

Today is Friday and this is usually a challenging day for me too. The beginning of the weekend....I have made a grocery list and plan on sticking to it.

Everyone have a wonderful day.
    Old 08-05-2011, 04:25 AM

[quote=watterstide]has anyone tried the Low Carb Shirataki Noodles? [quote]

I buy a pack or 2 when they are on sale at my local international grocery store.

Here's a link to the manufacturer and you can check store locations and they have links to recipes.
    http://www.house-foods.com/tofu/tofu_shirataki.aspx

You have to get used to the texture and flavor. Don't expect them to be exactly like wheat flour noodles, you will be sadly dissappointed.

They have a much softer mouth feel then wheat flour noodles, have very little flavor on their own. It needs to be cooked with something flavorful. Follow the directions on how to use them.

They come in 8 oz packages and I've seen it as high as $2.99 a pack in my area.

On the topic of weighing-I weigh several times a week when I first wake up after I've gone the bathroom. I have the same problem if I don't keep my weight in mind, I tend to forget I'm fat. :shock: Denial is not just a river in Egypt. :lol:

Last night I changed into my spandex exercise gear without the large over t-shirt to hide the bumps and had dh take pictures of me in all my glory. So he's taking photos all around and then he says, "hold out your arms, let's get a good picture of your bat wings too" (that under arm fat that jiggles)

My dh is the greatest. (most of the time, after that bat wing comment....) He wants to me to be healthy but doesn't like the skinny model idea that some feel is healthy. He always says "you weren't skinny when I married you. I like your curves, I just want you to be able to able to ride your bike for miles or walk long distances like you used to do."

Hopefully if I have photos I can look at to remind me this is what I really look like. I guess I'm the opposite of an anerexic-they always see themselves as fat in their mind's eyes. My mind's eye always sees myself as just a little on the plush side but not really fat.
    Old 08-05-2011, 04:35 AM
    elm

Hanes makes a no creep cotton panty that works for me. I used to find that some pants got tight in the leg after going through the washer and drier. Found that panties with thin smooth binding worked best for comfort. Good luck in finding what works best for you.
    What drives me nuts is when the bra I find most comfortable is discontinued. It takes me ages to find another that works as well. Warner did that to one I was wearing a couple of years ago. It took until last week before I found another one that is really comfortable.
    Old 08-05-2011, 04:36 AM
    elm

Hanes makes a no creep cotton panty that works for me. I used to find that some pants got tight in the leg after going through the washer and drier. Found that panties with thin smooth binding worked best for comfort. Good luck in finding what works best for you.
    What drives me nuts is when the bra I find most comfortable is discontinued. It takes me ages to find another that works as well. Warner did that to one I was wearing a couple of years ago. It took until last week before I found another one that is really comfortable.
    Old 08-05-2011, 04:36 AM
    elm

Old 08-05-2011, 04:37 AM
    elm

Wow sorry. Don't know why that sent multiple posts.
    Old 08-05-2011, 06:36 AM

Good morning Spring Chickies!

I am doing good, took all my new meds last night and slept 11 hours. Resting, mostly.

I don't feel a lot different, just weaker. Out of breath more.

I am staying on my diet and drinking lots more water. It helps curb my appetite.

Journal- Today is a beautiful day. What beauty do you see?

Motivation- This lifestyle change is as hard as what we want to make it. We took all our lives learning one way to eat, one that was unhealthy and expensive. Take the time to learn a new way, one that is healthy and takes care of you.
    Old 08-05-2011, 07:09 AM

I need the daily weigh in too. If I wait a week, I go up and don't know it and think I am doing just fine but actually, not so good.

I went for a walk this morning with a friend and when I got home I only had 100 steps to go to get to my 10,000 for the day. That was some walk, I NEVER walk that far. It helps having a little spitfire walker to talk to. Well, now I know that I can go that far but the blisters are a pain in the foot. :lol: The joy of the morning was of course the friendship but we saw deer several times nibbling on the fresh summer greens along the walking trail. What a treat to be only 30 feet from a doe and her young one. We saw several different families. Of course we heard finches, catbirds, robins and other birds and got hellos from other walkers. Nice morning to be out and about.

Keep up your good work gals. I like to hear all of the encouraging words pass between folks.