Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-05-2011, 07:18 AM
    elm

I love it when I can walk outdoors. That won't happen until I go away. Have to wait until October to do it here. So hot and humid right now that I can't stand walking in it. So, I'll be off to the fitness room in a while.
    Old 08-05-2011, 08:00 AM

Good morning, y'all, with a special hello to MJ.

Pam, you might want to see a doctor if only one leg is bigger. Sounds like a circulation problem. In the meantime look for Hanes high cut undies. Mine are hip huggers, not bikini and fit perfectly. I think they come waist high, too. Elm, the Hanes outlet, Kohl's and Macy's all stopped carrying the only bra I can wear. I panicked, but then I found it online at the Hanes store. I feel like I should stock up, but it's not inexpensive and who knows if I'll always wear this size. I think I'll just order two.

My arms and left leg could pass for normal - just a little bigger than what's normal for me. The right leg is still swollen more, but not as stumpy looking. Now if the itching would let up, I'd be good to go. You can't sit in a wedding and itch your legs. Of course, I have to sit in the front row. I sewed the beads on the pink dress last night so I'll probably go dressed as an Easter egg. I like the green one better, but I just wore it a few weeks ago to his sister's wedding.

I wish I knew what bit me so I'd know what to avoid. It's going to be hard to walk the dogs in the park and stay off the grass.

Weight? I haven't weighed yet. I'm still puffy through the middle, so I assume some of the extra fluid is still with me. It's been a week today.

Have a clean eating day. I am losing weight and getting healthier. I am in control.
    Old 08-05-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Good morning Spring Chickies!

I am doing good, took all my new meds last night and slept 11 hours. Resting, mostly.

I don't feel a lot different, just weaker. Out of breath more.

I am staying on my diet and drinking lots more water. It helps curb my appetite.

Journal- Today is a beautiful day. What beauty do you see?

Motivation- This lifestyle change is as hard as what we want to make it. We took all our lives learning one way to eat, one that was unhealthy and expensive. Take the time to learn a new way, one that is healthy and takes care of you.
    Great,you got some much needed rest.I am going to 'try' to get more sleep get to bed earlier.I heard when we sleep the hormones we release help heal the body,aid in weight loss, and the 'rem' sleep is best between 9pm and midnight.Of which I'm still awake and up.Also I remember you saying we need to 'work' the plan.If we don't work it,it won't work for us.
    Old 08-05-2011, 10:02 AM

This is ridiculous. The wedding is in three hours and my arms and legs are swollen and blotchy and my middle is puffy with fluid. It looks like the black dress is coming out of the closet because the ruffled pink floral jacket has elbow length sleeves. Good thing it's indoors with AC because I think it's hot outside. Thank you for listening to me whine. Judy
    Old 08-05-2011, 10:06 AM

Judy,
    whine all you want...would you like some cheese with that? :D

I am tired and whiney too. I keep getting writing requests and pressure and I think I am shutting down.

You go to the wedding and enjoy. Hopefully there will be good a/c.

I think I'll go rest awhile. and turn off my computer.
    mj
    Old 08-05-2011, 11:47 AM

Getting ready to do some more cardio workout videos! Told my son he could finish watching the Scooby Doo dvd he's watching. I'm not sure how long it is, so if it doesn't get over before we have to leave to go to my sons event tonight, I'll be walking the two miles to the church! That'll help for sure!
    Old 08-05-2011, 12:03 PM

well before I left on vacation last month, my refridge went out. waited until I got back before getting a new one. Have the new one, so was finally able to restock the fridge and freezer. I bought lots of veggies and fruits and healthy choice of meats. It is hard going without a fridge.

I am in control and I will lose the weight i want to lose.

Stay hydrated and cool today.

it was 108 when I got out of the car today after shopping.

Many prayers and thoughts going out for those in need.
    Old 08-05-2011, 12:53 PM

I'm all packed and ready to leave for Iowa to visit my mom and go to my class reunion tomorrow. Weekends away are such a challenge for both food and exercise. I sure hope I don't gain any back. This morning I was down 5 lbs! Have a nice weekend, everyone. I will catch up with you on monday.
    Old 08-05-2011, 01:18 PM

Hi MJ, glad you are doing a little better. Make sure you take care of yourself.
    Originally Posted by purplemem
    Good morning Spring Chickies!

I am doing good, took all my new meds last night and slept 11 hours. Resting, mostly.

I don't feel a lot different, just weaker. Out of breath more.

I am staying on my diet and drinking lots more water. It helps curb my appetite.

Journal- Today is a beautiful day. What beauty do you see?

Motivation- This lifestyle change is as hard as what we want to make it. We took all our lives learning one way to eat, one that was unhealthy and expensive. Take the time to learn a new way, one that is healthy and takes care of you.
    Old 08-05-2011, 01:29 PM

thanks for the heads up on the noodles..i think i can try them in spaghetti sauce first..just to see what the texture is like. i really appreciate the time you too to comment on these. i also think i will try weighing myself everyday..just to keep the weight thing in mind...healthy healthy..thats what i am gonna be..!

i have been off my fibromyalgia meds,and vitamins since tuesday..i have knee surgery scheduled for this coming tuesday..the headaches are coming everyday..i NEVER get headaches...between the meds or lack of..and the food change..i am thinking this is the reasons for them. plus my son was deployed sunday..geez..i must just be having the normal stress things happening! lol

someone here told me about a disolvable vitamin b-12 at walmarts..i found it and bought it..and will start taking it as soo as the doc says i can start back after surgery.

i can't wait to get this knee surgery over with..i can't walk to good or far right now, so not much in the exercise dept.

i spent all day with my buddy who had a knee replacement 10 days ago or so.her husband can not afford to take any time off..so all the friends are taking a day with her..i tossed a meal in the crock pot for them this morning...so at least they have 2 days of meals. her house smelled wonderful..i know they appreciate it!

blessings my friends! keep on, keeping on!