Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-05-2011, 02:04 PM
    elm

Judy hope you were comfortably airconditioned and enjoyed the wedding.
    Old 08-05-2011, 02:16 PM

i am finally starting my day. i am living the life of a vampire- minus the blood sucking! an extremely happy event in the bathroom wherein the scale lives! more news later, i'm making up for july. i have joined a/the doll quilt swap and i'm really excited about it, but i can't get started till i finish my boomerang swap. these have become big events in my otherwise non-life. and of course, i do have a glorious new dddddgd! her name is officially, olivia kate. i like it! but i also like winter rose. as my husband says i got to name MINE, so they get to name theirs. i think they've done well! i will be seeing her shortly via skype.
    my husband says i can be a diva and he "thinks" that could be where our daughter learned it. ok, i can be mea... scratch that. it doesn't happen often, but when i am angry it is almost always written in capital letters! i'm either annoyed or furious. very little middle ground, and the same is true when i'm happy. but i'm not vindictive, and it usually lasts a very short time. i like to think i'm mostly happy, but i realize that was/is in the past. it has been a long time since i have been really happy. having said that, i am coming back to life because of my involvement on this board and the friends i have made here. i have not found my niche here in pa. and, very importantly, i feel better about myself when i can move better and not have to haul a full size barn with me in terms of body. i was shocked the first time i was told i was obese! ok, a little overweight maybe, but not obese. nope, i was/ am obese. but i am working my way down to just fat! and then to normal, as in age and height appropriate. not the first time, definitely the last time!!! i am losing weight, i am in control. it is up to ME!
    MJ-- glad to have you back!! i see where others are having a better month, too! yay,TEAM!
    Old 08-05-2011, 11:13 PM

MJ,glad your resting.We just heal better and release those chemicles that our body needs while we sleep,even the ones I just found out 2 nights ago that help us to lose weight.So,I guess that old addage of Beauty Sleep Is really true after all.My gosh,the things I'm learning on you-tube about losing weight,is just amazing.So,I better start getting my beauty sleep too.I just got hubby off to bed,so now is my 'me time'.Nancia,I think a lot of us are the same way on here.I know I don't have any friends to speak of here.I talk to my neighbors,and we go to town once in a blue moon and have fun,but not every day.I like that name Olivia Kate,It's pretty.I bet you can't wait to see and hold her tho.I saw a vid on utube where a couple put baby powder on a baby's butt,saying you can do it,you can do it,then not long a fart came and shot the white baby powder out.It was funny.I'm glad your scales are moving.This month is going gang busters on the weight loss.Mine is moving a little now.This board is a life line in many ways.It cheers us on,and we meet others who are struggling too,just like us.It's nice in fact to be able to say,hey,I'm having a crappy day,and have someone respond back.You are not alone and we are here for you.So,hang in there and fight.I've fought for every pound I've dropped.And still is a struggle every day,but I just decided,like you,this is the last time,and I've had it being fat.And I don't care what I have to give up to get it done.Like mj said,we do it one day at a time,one pound at a time.And that is so true.That is the only way to lose.We get out of it what we put into it.No pain,no gain I guess.Like they say........I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am ,YES!!!!!!
    Old 08-06-2011, 12:36 AM

xylie-- i like that you're up at night when i am. how do you get so much done? i have a sister who needs 4 hrs of sleep a day. man, i need minimum 8 and do better on 10-12. have i mentioned i have a slow metabolism? i'm trying to boost it and keep it going. i still don't have pictures of the baby loaded so i can share them. my husband was doing it when the kids called and was annoyed that i said nevermind and answered the call. i really like skype! it's so neat to see olivia in real time! and better yet it's still free! yes, my favorite four letter word begins with F. FREE, followed closely by me favorite 4 letter word beginning with s. can you guess it?
    i am losing weight. i am sometimes in control. lol !
    Old 08-06-2011, 01:56 AM

Good mmorning everyone.
    I like the name Olivia Kate. Can't wait to see pictures.
    I got the results of my A1C test back yesterday - it was 5.5 which is good. I printed out a list of all my meds (3 pages) to take to the doc on Monday so I can fill him in on the changes from the psych doc. Had another diabetic episode yesterday morning, my blood sugar levels dropped way down. Of course that messes with my food plan because I have to eat sugary stuff (marshmellows recommended by doc) to raise my sugar. Oh well this to will pass.
    I weighed in yesterday and found I had lost 1/2 lb. Yah for me. Every little bit counts. Prayers are with all.
    MJ hang in there, prayers from this whole board are with you!
    Irish - hope the swelling goes down for the wedding. Prayers are with you.
    Again welcome to the newbies and those returning after a long break. It takes me along time to remember names (sorry) but please know my prayers and thoughts are with you. Prayers especially to waterside who is having knee surgery.
    All those who are prayers please keep me in your prayers. Still need motivation for exercise and be able to keep myslf on some kind of a food plan.
    Well Saturday chores call, laudry & grocery shopping. I dislike both but DH and I split it. He does the shopping and I do the laundry then we're both going to quilt this afernoon.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    Old 08-06-2011, 02:26 AM

g'morning, jeanne! i'm glad your test results were good! you are always in my prayers!(smiling). i am about to call it a day. will see you all in the pm! have a super day and eat wisely and well! eating well,makes you well.
    Old 08-06-2011, 02:34 AM

Good morning Nancia. Can't wait to see pic of new GB.
    Old 08-06-2011, 05:39 AM

And good morning to all. Hope everyones day went well yesterday. I did fairly decent. Ate a little too much but did get to the track last night and walked two miles before it started to rain. I wasn't planning on doing that but since I over ate a little I was trying to compensate for that.

I lead a fitness class to seniors three mornings a week and on Wed I teach a line dancing class at the health club. With that much exericise you'd think I wouldn't have a weight problem but when I eat for three people :mrgreen: the weight is bound to pack on. Since I live alone, it is easier to just make a sandwich. That first sandwich tasted to good I'd go make another. Then I started making two sandwichs to start with and , you guesses it, that tasted so good so I'd make another one. Well there is no more of that!!!!!!!I am cooking for dinner. I write down every thing that goes into my mouth....."YOU BITE IT, YOU WRITE IT". I really like the MyFitness Pal food tracker. It seems to have everything listed and I use it constantly.

Well folks, didn't plan on writing a book in this, I usually try to keep my entry short. There are so many great people on here and they have given me the motivation to keep on going maybe something I have to say will get someone started. Just remember....this is a life style change and whatever your meal plan is ask yourself
    "is this the way I can eat healthy for the rest of my life".

Everyone have a wonderful day.
    Old 08-06-2011, 06:05 AM

one of my big struggles is portion control.
    I just look at the food and think, that was so delicious let's make another!

Not a good plan for healthy eating.

Now I try not to go back for seconds.

Missy suggested getting a child's divided plate and use that. I did until I put the plate in the cabinet. :thumbdown:

We must use our resources if we expect different results.
    Old 08-06-2011, 06:41 AM
    elm

I live alone also, and frequently don't want to cook for myself. Discovered that you can make a rollup sandwich without pita by using red leaf, green leaf or romaine lettuce. Big salads are easy.
    I didn't want to weigh myself today because even though I ate right yesterday and exercised for over an hour, I woke up feeling heavy. forced myself to get on the scale and to my surprise I dropped a half pound.

Originally Posted by oldcottontop
    And good morning to all. Hope everyones day went well yesterday. I did fairly decent. Ate a little too much but did get to the track last night and walked two miles before it started to rain. I wasn't planning on doing that but since I over ate a little I was trying to compensate for that.

I lead a fitness class to seniors three mornings a week and on Wed I teach a line dancing class at the health club. With that much exericise you'd think I wouldn't have a weight problem but when I eat for three people :mrgreen: the weight is bound to pack on. Since I live alone, it is easier to just make a sandwich. That first sandwich tasted to good I'd go make another. Then I started making two sandwichs to start with and , you guesses it, that tasted so good so I'd make another one. Well there is no more of that!!!!!!!I am cooking for dinner. I write down every thing that goes into my mouth....."YOU BITE IT, YOU WRITE IT". I really like the MyFitness Pal food tracker. It seems to have everything listed and I use it constantly.

Well folks, didn't plan on writing a book in this, I usually try to keep my entry short. There are so many great people on here and they have given me the motivation to keep on going maybe something I have to say will get someone started. Just remember....this is a life style change and whatever your meal plan is ask yourself
    "is this the way I can eat healthy for the rest of my life".

Everyone have a wonderful day.