Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-06-2011, 06:44 AM
    elm

I switched to using the sandwich size plate for a dinner plate unless I am having a big tossed salad. You just can't fit big portions on the smaller plate.
    Old 08-06-2011, 08:37 AM

thats a really good idea I wonder if my 2 year old would share his plates with mommy? :)
    Old 08-06-2011, 09:00 AM
    mim

well, I got my exercise in this morning. The Nature Conservancy had their "open Field" day today.

Blueberry picking !!! not the kind where you can stand or bend over a bit -- Maine wild blueberry bushes only grow 6 inches high. And the fields are an uphill half mile walk!! It was cool and foggy early this morning so the temps were great. By the time it burned off at 10:30 we had picked 3 quarts. Maine berries are half the size of the store bought kind. The flavor is stronger and they have a lot more anti-oxidents -- so I'm told. I just love them.

Blueberry muffins for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Sunday morning breakfast is our indulge-ing time. Usually we have blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup. -- AFTER weigh-in.
    Old 08-06-2011, 09:07 AM

Absolutely lover blueberry pancakes.

I walked today to the mailbox. That is a huge hike for me.
    about a /10th of a mile and uphill steeply on the way bike.
    this is two days in a row, yea me!
    Old 08-06-2011, 10:09 AM
    elm

Oh!! I remember Maine blueberries. My mouth is watering for the muffins and pancakes made with them that I have eaten over the years.

Originally Posted by mim
    well, I got my exercise in this morning. The Nature Conservancy had their "open Field" day today.

Blueberry picking !!! not the kind where you can stand or bend over a bit -- Maine wild blueberry bushes only grow 6 inches high. And the fields are an uphill half mile walk!! It was cool and foggy early this morning so the temps were great. By the time it burned off at 10:30 we had picked 3 quarts. Maine berries are half the size of the store bought kind. The flavor is stronger and they have a lot more anti-oxidents -- so I'm told. I just love them.

Blueberry muffins for breakfast tomorrow morning.

Sunday morning breakfast is our indulge-ing time. Usually we have blueberry pancakes with real maple syrup. -- AFTER weigh-in.
    Old 08-06-2011, 11:21 AM
    mim

Last winter we spent a couple months in FL and took 10 lbs of frozen berries with us. Bought dry ice in ME and it lasted til we got there. We shared them with friends in Destin

[quote=elm]Oh!! I remember Maine blueberries. My mouth is watering for the muffins and pancakes made with them that I have eaten over the years.
    Old 08-06-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Absolutely lover blueberry pancakes.

I walked today to the mailbox. That is a huge hike for me.
    about a /10th of a mile and uphill steeply on the way bike.
    this is two days in a row, yea me!
    Awesome! Wish i lived closer so i could do it with you!
    Old 08-06-2011, 01:54 PM

Hi all, MJ so glad that your walking to the mailbox that is another step to a healthy lifestyle change. Keep it up.
    Nancy you are in my prayers every day. So glad your doing better this month. Every half pound is closer to your goal.
    MIM I can almost taste those blueberries. We love them but here in Ca you can't get anything that comes close to yours.
    Hugs to all
    GAil
    Old 08-06-2011, 02:07 PM

I am so proud of myself. My DH ask me to make one of our favorite dishes, it a potato quiche. Tons of cheese. Well it makes a 9x13 dish, I quartered the recipe and make a loaf pan size. I did have a small piece with a salad and was very happy with that. what little was left was still calling my name so I fed it to the dog.
    Old 08-06-2011, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Good mmorning everyone.
    I like the name Olivia Kate. Can't wait to see pictures.
    I got the results of my A1C test back yesterday - it was 5.5 which is good. I printed out a list of all my meds (3 pages) to take to the doc on Monday so I can fill him in on the changes from the psych doc. Had another diabetic episode yesterday morning, my blood sugar levels dropped way down. Of course that messes with my food plan because I have to eat sugary stuff (marshmellows recommended by doc) to raise my sugar. Oh well this to will pass.
    I weighed in yesterday and found I had lost 1/2 lb. Yah for me. Every little bit counts. Prayers are with all.
    MJ hang in there, prayers from this whole board are with you!
    Irish - hope the swelling goes down for the wedding. Prayers are with you.
    Again welcome to the newbies and those returning after a long break. It takes me along time to remember names (sorry) but please know my prayers and thoughts are with you. Prayers especially to waterside who is having knee surgery.
    All those who are prayers please keep me in your prayers. Still need motivation for exercise and be able to keep myslf on some kind of a food plan.
    Well Saturday chores call, laudry & grocery shopping. I dislike both but DH and I split it. He does the shopping and I do the laundry then we're both going to quilt this afernoon.
    Hope everyone has a good day.
    I love her name, Olivia Kate is perfect unless it would be Olivia Rose Hope you can see her in person real soon. Congrats to you and all the extended family
    I'm with you, I would rather quilt than do chores. But we do need to do some. I used to be such a neat freak but over the last few years I have relaxed about a little dust here or the dinning table has a few thing resting on it waiting to be put away in a proper place.
    Have a successful day.
    Hugs
    Gail