Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-06-2011, 06:46 PM
    elm

Good evening. Sounds like you are feeling better. That's great.
    I just got in from a singer/song writer performance.
    Rod Picot. It was at a local organization that always serves food and incredable deserts. I had one glass of white wine and no food or desert. Since i'm not over my calorie limit, I don't expect that I will have gained weight.

Originally Posted by nancia
    hi, guys! i've been up a little while and reading all the posts i missed by sleeping! i love the name olivia kate, too, but olivia rose hope is exquisite. it's odd, but i think my sister hope is channeling to me because i keep thinking of the baby as olivia hope. as my husband has insisted this is not my child to name. you would have been proud of me last night when her mom was talking about pacifiers and taking hers away when she is 1 yr.old. omg, my mouth filled with blood from biting my tongue so hard! do i have to include that in my food diary? things we did with our kids now seem to be considered lethal! how did they grow up to be parents then? oh, it is so difficult being as old as i now feel!
    this month my weight is doing very well! i guess my body has finally climbed on board! expect big things!, i'm just sayin'. and yes, i am eating. always an issue , i know.
    i am losing weight. i am in control. it's up to me!
    Old 08-06-2011, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Great job cutting down the portion.

I'm cooking for four for supper, then eating tomorrow too.
    Roast in crockpot, green bean casserole, and scalloped potatoes.
    Artichoke salad first.
    Oh,that supper sounds good!I'm so glad you can walk to the mailbox.Just don't over do it in this heat.Our heat was 115 and 60% dew point today.Too hot ,even for me.I'll be so glad when august is over and we get into fall.
    Old 08-06-2011, 09:40 PM

Nancia,I think when we are ready to give up things,then we're ready.I don't think I would take a pacifyer away just because the baby is 1 yr old.There is no time limit on babies.They all develope at different stages.When she get's off milk,she can dump the pacifyer.Well,she may have all these rules she wants to do now,but the baby just came.Lets see in a yr if she feels the same way.I doubt it.Lets face it,babies need pacifyers,it calms them down and helps put them to sleep.I couldn't put a time limit on my losing,or I'd a never made it.Of course I had no clue it would be 4 yrs and counting.But that's ok.I'm down 93 pounds.It won't take you all 4 yrs I'm sure,but it might some of you.And that's ok.Same with the pacifyer.It will take ever how long it will take for the baby to give it up I think.Can you imagine taking it away at 1 yr old?That baby would throw a fit.Plus she needs it for teething.Well,anyway,I think in a yr,she'll leave it be.So,just agree and don't swallow your tongue after biting it.I guess it is their baby,but you do have a point,and a good one.But lets see in a yr how it's going.Babies have a mind of their own.And she will find out,the pacifyer is a good thing to have pacify the baby.After all.It will give her some much needed quiet time............Hang in there grandma......Cause your right on this one.
    Old 08-07-2011, 04:09 AM

Good morning to everyone..... :)

Elm: congrats on resisting those foods and deserts at your singer/song writer performance last night. Sometimes these can be the hardest times for those of us who are attempting to loose weight. You resisted temptations and that is great. Keep up the good work.

Yesterday was another good day for me. I got out early and walked before it got too hot. Then I cleaned house from one end to the other. (including mopping the floors) My poor kitty kat kept walking around sniffing the floors...what is that smell?

Tomorrow is my day that I have chosen to weigh in. I am really excited about this since it is the first time weighing since I started on this thread. I feel good about it but today I may have a hard time. Several of us go out to lunch after church and it is usually at someplace that serves a buffet. This will be a challenge. I don't normally walk/exercise on Sunday but might do that this evening. Just depends how my lunch goes.

Everyone have a blessed day. Think LIGHT.
    Old 08-07-2011, 05:08 AM

hmmmm... my baby never had a pacifer I always hate to see toddlers running around trying to talk around the stupid things so I just never gave my son one to get attached to neither one of us ever complained about not having one so I guess it is just up to the mommy to know what is best for her child I do love that name olivia though I love old fashioned names that are correctly spelled these days the names just seem to be gettig crazier and crazier.
    I am sitting here enjoying the cool morning watching my hummingbirds play tag around the feeder I think we will be havin some more baby birds soon :)
    I am very happy to report that I have lost 3 pounds!!! No mcdonalds no coke and gutbusters are actually working Now I remember why I hated them so much in gym class ~ ouch but they work
    have a happy day
    anna
    Old 08-07-2011, 09:31 AM

Just got home from church and I did better in the kitchen today. Remember how I was eating everything in sight well all I ate this morning was 1 sugar cookie, 1/2 brownie and 1/2 donut hole. I'm not saying that it was good I ate those things just saying I was in more control than I have been for along time on Sunday morning.

Sounds like everyone is doing better. Yea for us!!

Have a good day everyone.
    Old 08-07-2011, 11:18 AM

Hello everyone! This is my first time signing up for the weight challenge and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I also signed up on MyFitnessPal and it has really helped me get control of myself and stay on track. The pounds are coming off and I feel positive about reaching my goal this time. I'm glad you are all here to help when I need advice, need to vent or hit a rough spot. Now that I've completed my first week and dealt with my demon (decaf-ing) I'll be posting daily. Hope all of you have a great week ahead!

Rita
    Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess
    Hello everyone! This is my first time signing up for the weight challenge and I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you. I also signed up on MyFitnessPal and it has really helped me get control of myself and stay on track. The pounds are coming off and I feel positive about reaching my goal this time. I'm glad you are all here to help when I need advice, need to vent or hit a rough spot. Now that I've completed my first week and dealt with my demon (decaf-ing) I'll be posting daily. Hope all of you have a great week ahead!

Rita
    Good to have you Rita. This is the place to be. Not only for weight loss but for quilting info too. I really like MyFinessPal especially for tracking foods. Seems like they have every food imaginable in their food database.
    Good Luck on your weight loss journey
    Old 08-07-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Just got home from church and I did better in the kitchen today. Remember how I was eating everything in sight well all I ate this morning was 1 sugar cookie, 1/2 brownie and 1/2 donut hole. I'm not saying that it was good I ate those things just saying I was in more control than I have been for along time on Sunday morning.

Sounds like everyone is doing better. Yea for us!!

Have a good day everyone.
    That's good.Sounds like things are better.Baby steps are always best.I been watching you tube videos on "losing weight and keeping it off" from "Pray It Off" and their video's are the best I've found bar none.Wow,the information I am learning,and knowledge is power you know.They give the tools to do it and help you stick with it,and give all the tips there is I think in the book.All tho I've lost 93 pounds,it has taken 4 yrs which is a long time.But I see sawed and wanted to keep off what I lost as I went,so I would lose some,then coast,lose then coast.besides slipping,as it it wasn't easy for me to stick with it at the beginning especially.But I always got back on and kept going.It has helped me knowing I'm not alone in my struggles.But now that I found these videos I just started watching,it is just going to give me more tools to fight with.And the gal teaching he class was 330 pounds and now has lost over 140 pounds.And I am learning so so much,plus she's funny and 57 yrs old.and so right on and blunt about why we eat.If your struggling,please check them out.She explains in a way that a child could understand.Anyway,good luck and hang in there everybody.Jeanie,please keep us updated on your medical condition and how everything is going,as like mj,we worry and care about you very much and am interested on how everybody is doing.I am losing weight,I am losing weight,I am!...Yes
    Old 08-07-2011, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by Podunk Princess

Rita
    Welcome Rita! love the bunny!