Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-08-2011, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I finally started using the food diary on my fitness pal. I don't know why I didn't before. It sure makes it so much easier to track calories. I thought I had gone over my calories for today but after logging everything I can still have something for supper. Hope everyone is sticking to their plan today.
    That food diary is really great. I would be lost without it. Take care and stay on track
    Old 08-08-2011, 04:45 PM

Very good advice Rita's mom! I hope you do feel much better come morning! It is very difficult not to just give into those urges. One thing that I have to say that I am grateful for, is having my gall bladder removed, believe it or not, I cannot eat chocolate, fried foods, cheese, dairy items with any fat in them, I get very sick if I try to eat them. So that helps... however.... I can still eat those darn fat free candies that can and up calories very quickly :(
    Old 08-08-2011, 05:16 PM

That's right,tomorrow is a new day.We have the rest of our lives to get it off.I been at it 4 yrs and saw someone lost 130 pounds in 1 yr.I only lost 93 in 4 yrs.So,I don't know if I'm not going fast enough,or just jigged and zagged too much.It's the best that I could do,that's all I know.Or maybe I could of stuck my nose to the grindstone and got it off faster,but I am slowly taking it off so it don't want it to come back on fast.Cause I know for a fact if we lose it fast,it WILL come back on,with more added.And I don't want that.I want to keep it off,and I am.But I never give up and stay with it,and get back on.A few pounds here,few pounds there,it is adding up.And that is all we can do is our best.But I sure don't feel bad or beat myself up.Because I know I will get more off.And we are not on any time table.Or I'd a lost hope a long time ago obviously,I'm slow at it.But that's ok..........
    Old 08-08-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by thelondonzoo
    Wow, so glad to see you all are still doing this! Good luck everyone! :)
    Thanks,come join in.
    Old 08-08-2011, 05:58 PM

I have lost 3 pounds so far. I am working with a trainer 1 day a week. I am trying to work out at least 3 days a week. Last weekend I went to my MILs house and still managed not to gain.
    Old 08-08-2011, 06:01 PM

Congratulations cottontop. 6 lbs is fantastic.
    I baked individual meatloves tonight. Used my muffin pans. I made twelve mini meatloaves and the froze them by twos. Got 6 portion controlled meals for me and DH and only had to cook once.After dinner I took my GS to soccer practice and managed to walk 3 miles while he practiced. Legs hurt but I FEEL GREAT.
    Old 08-08-2011, 06:12 PM
    elm

Each of us is different. So, 10,000 at a slow pace when you haven't been doing that much is still an increase in exercise. We need to be pleased with each positive thing that we do or that happens to us.
    I am pleased that while my scale didn't show any loss today, it also didn't show any gain.
    Tomorrow I get to try again.
    Old 08-08-2011, 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by glassnquilts
    I have lost 3 pounds so far. I am working with a trainer 1 day a week. I am trying to work out at least 3 days a week. Last weekend I went to my MILs house and still managed not to gain.
    Good job. I know I need to work harder at sticking to my plan. Not exercising regularly is my problem.
    Old 08-08-2011, 06:15 PM

Janet, that a great idea of fixing stuff ahead so you can just pull it out of the freezer. I do that with soups I make. I'm going to put my recipes in my fitness pal to get calorie count on them.
    Old 08-08-2011, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by elm
    Each of us is different. So, 10,000 at a slow pace when you haven't been doing that much is still an increase in exercise. We need to be pleased with each positive thing that we do or that happens to us.
    I am pleased that while my scale didn't show any loss today, it also didn't show any gain.
    Tomorrow I get to try again.
    I am too.Even tho I haven't lost any in 3 weeks now.I saw sometimes it just does that.So may have to just wait it out or mix it up and do something different to kick start it going again.Maybe it's the weather.It's 115 with 60% dew points.So am drinking water like a fish.A lot more than usual.Which is a gallon.