Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:26 PM

Another good deal

http://www.tanga.com/products/health...ubscription--2

This is only good until 10pm eastern time, this magazine for $6.99 with the code COOKING.

I just bought it, it doesn't show the discounted price until checkout on paypal or wherever
    Old 08-12-2011, 09:56 PM

thank you for enjoying our little olivia! i so can not wait to have her in my arms!! oooooh, i love the smell of clean baby neck, and blowing raspberries on her tummy, and kissing those little toes! i just love babies!!!and it's extra nice that someone other than me went thru the whole process and she's still 'mine'. :). oh, get me to dallas already!!!
    on the not so nice side, my back threw a major tantrum today and i ended up taking 2 dilaudid to get even some relief. please don't let this happen friday or while we're away! i have so much planned for this trip! the last time i was in dallas i found a fabric warehouse that had the yummiest lightweight wools and gorgeous silks and remember, i wasn't quilting yet, so i will scope it out for quilting cottons. but i do have to dress too, so it's legit to buy apparel fabric also! most of my clothes aren't fitting that well now. i gave away all my larger clothes the last time i lost weight and had nothing to wear when i gained it back.i don't plan to gain this back but once burned, i'm not taking the chance. somewhere i have the clothes i wore at this size, just don't know where. probably packed for the move that didn't happen! oh, well....what a shame if i HAD to buy new clothes, or worse, if i had to make them, because next year i WILL be smaller because i AM losing! and it's time for one more pill and hopefully to sleep. been up since 7:30 am and it's now 2 am (different day, oh, you knew that. sorry!) i am losing weight. i am in control. it is up to me! goodnight, everyone! prayers and blessings !
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by quilthappygail
    Hi everyone been busy so not much time to sit and catch up on whats going on here. Nancia I love little Olivia she is sooo cute.
    Xylie, I still remember those 125 days from my time in Bullhead Az. Don't miss it at all. It gets hot here but nothing like what you have it always cools down in the evening It's 101 today and no breeze so feels hotter than 100.
    Been doing pretty well at keep on program but will know more tomorrow when I weigh in. But I will not give up, this is the rest of my life were talking about and I need to be healthy to enjoy it. DH is losing too, he has gone from 215 down to 191 over the past year. I am so proud of him. He really has done well.
    I am keeping you all in my prayers each day to overcome and deal with all the stress in your lives.
    God Bless you and sending a BIG Hug to all
    Gail
    Yes,I'm real happy it's not bad at night.And great hubby is losing too.Mine is too a bit.His pants are sagging.He was 163 4 yrs ago,I lost it,and he gained it.Oh well,I'm sure it will all even out.He now has all sizes of both shirts and pants.When he 1st started gaining,I had to buy bigger sizes,then bigger sizes,So now he's peaked at a 3X,and is back into a XL.So,I'm glad too for him.He's 84 and had a 4 way bypass in 1989,so doesn't need that fat on him either.It's not my meals,it's his sweet tooth...ice cream,candy,cookies,cake,treats,coke, glad I can pass on them and it don't bother me a bit,he's in good shape tho and stays busy.......
    Old 08-12-2011, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by JSNOMORE
    big thank you to MJ for letting us know about the pedometers. I ordered one and it came yesterday. I wore it all day today . I probably won't hit the 10,000 steps today. unfortunately I sit most of the day at work. so far I am at 5639. Hope to hit at least 6000 before bed time. Tonight isn't one of my walking nights. Monday I walk while my GS practices for soccer. Can't wait to see how many steps then. I am going to try to fit some walking in this weekend.
    Has anyone read clean eating magazine. I just picked one up at the grocery store. It has fabulous recipies and tips. They also have a lot of gluten free recipies.Found quite a few recipies for local produce.here is the website

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/
    Wow,I just went and looked,those recipes all looked good.I think I'll get that subscription.It will be nice to have 'new' things to try.Especially where we have all these citrus trees to pick from.That salad looked really good.Thanks for sharing.
    Old 08-12-2011, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    thank you for enjoying our little olivia! i so can not wait to have her in my arms!! oooooh, i love the smell of clean baby neck, and blowing raspberries on her tummy, and kissing those little toes! i just love babies!!!and it's extra nice that someone other than me went thru the whole process and she's still 'mine'. :). oh, get me to dallas already!!!
    on the not so nice side, my back threw a major tantrum today and i ended up taking 2 dilaudid to get even some relief. please don't let this happen friday or while we're away! i have so much planned for this trip! the last time i was in dallas i found a fabric warehouse that had the yummiest lightweight wools and gorgeous silks and remember, i wasn't quilting yet, so i will scope it out for quilting cottons. but i do have to dress too, so it's legit to buy apparel fabric also! most of my clothes aren't fitting that well now. i gave away all my larger clothes the last time i lost weight and had nothing to wear when i gained it back.i don't plan to gain this back but once burned, i'm not taking the chance. somewhere i have the clothes i wore at this size, just don't know where. probably packed for the move that didn't happen! oh, well....what a shame if i HAD to buy new clothes, or worse, if i had to make them, because next year i WILL be smaller because i AM losing! and it's time for one more pill and hopefully to sleep. been up since 7:30 am and it's now 2 am (different day, oh, you knew that. sorry!) i am losing weight. i am in control. it is up to me! goodnight, everyone! prayers and blessings !
    Yes,rest up so you can make that trip better and don't lift anything between now and then to flare it up more.Have hubby tote the bags,or bring a fold up suitcase dolly to tote them on.That's what I do.LOL! I'm so glad your getting to go see Olivia and the kids.Yes,there's nothing like a baby,esp being a grandmother.You get to spoil her,then send her home to mommy and daddy.I got lots of clothes now too.It's nice to have a rib cage again.Before it was just a spare tire.Oh it is fun to lose weight isn't it.We get to wear new duds,look spiffy,and strut our hard work off.Ya,it's fun.I never want to be even in the 170's again,let alone 250.If I get rid of all my 'fat' clothes,then I'll have to stay thin,cause I'll be out of clothes.I can go down to 140 and still have clothes.But any less than that,well I'd just have to go shopping wouldn't I? Now to all you who are losing,keep it up and keep going.To all you who are like me on a platue,don't worry,it will start going again.May have to vamp it up or drop some calories or change the plan to a different one to trick our body,as it's "use" to what we been doing.{So,I've heard} probably true too.I'll let you know how that went.I am losing weight,I am losing weight.It's like chipping cement now,but I'm still losing!!!!!!!!Yes!
    Old 08-13-2011, 03:34 AM

O.K. this is where I need help. I weighed in yeasterday and had gained 1 lb. Today I weighed again , I know I shouldn't have but I did. I gained 2 more pounds. This can't keep up. I'm sure it's from the cravings I get from my diabetis/hypoglycemia. I have no clue what going on with that - test results aren't back yet. But I've been doing alot of reading and nothing sounds good. Unfortunatly I seem to be doing alot of eating to.

nancia, sorry to hear about your back. I'll be praying that it will get better before you go. Just think six more days! God Bless and have a wonderful day everyone.
    Old 08-13-2011, 06:18 AM

Good morning to all.

Did not have a good day yesterday. I exercised but it seemed like all I wanted to do was eat. Of course it was Fri and we usually go out to eat. I ate out Thurs as well. But today is another day and I have already got my walking in for the day. I have to get out early :( to beat the heat. It has been soooooooooooooooo hot here...I am looking forward to (shuddering that I'm even saying this) winter. At least some cool weather.

Everyone have a blessed day.
    Old 08-13-2011, 06:40 AM

Good morning everyone, I woke this morning with a nasty migraine and to rain. YEAH we need the rain but I dont need the migraine.

I am keeping the house closed up tight, all light out, and once I get off here I will be going to bed as this light is killing my head.

Keep up the good work and remember we are in control.
    Old 08-13-2011, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    O.K. this is where I need help. I weighed in yeasterday and had gained 1 lb. Today I weighed again , I know I shouldn't have but I did. I gained 2 more pounds. This can't keep up. I'm sure it's from the cravings I get from my diabetis/hypoglycemia. I have no clue what going on with that - test results aren't back yet. But I've been doing alot of reading and nothing sounds good. Unfortunatly I seem to be doing alot of eating to.

nancia, sorry to hear about your back. I'll be praying that it will get better before you go. Just think six more days! God Bless and have a wonderful day everyone.
    jeanne, do you have a blood glucose monitor? You can buy one at Walmart with the strips for $20, test at home, and relieve the stress of waiting on the doc. Plus, if you feel "funny", you can check your own and see if it is a blood sugar related problem.

Normal blood glucose is 70-100. Over is considered diabetic and under is hypoglycemic.
    Old 08-13-2011, 12:32 PM
    elm

Hi All,
    Realized today that I haven't heard from this topic for two days. Wonder what happened. I'm not losing, but also not gaining. How are you all doing?