Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-17-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Okay guys I am back for the time being. I will be leaving again on Saturday to go back to Nebraska. I am so in love with Cathie. We are just so good for each other.
    We have missed you so much. Marvin has been asking about you. How are you? Have you weighed in? Is the diet going well? did you get any quilting done?
    Old 08-17-2011, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    Okay guys I am back for the time being. I will be leaving again on Saturday to go back to Nebraska. I am so in love with Cathie. We are just so good for each other.
    We have missed you so much. Marvin has been asking about you. How are you? Have you weighed in? Is the diet going well? did you get any quilting done?
    I just updated above...sorry i hit send too early....

Missy
    Old 08-17-2011, 07:54 PM
    elm

I know what I have to do. Unfortunately have done it several times before. I get to goal or near goal maintain for several months and then slide way back. Each year that I decide to get to a healthy weight, it comes off more slowly.
    I know it's not being careful of both what I eat and how much I eat along with periods of not enough exercise. Since May I have been getting more than a half hour of exercise a minimum of four days a week. Usually at least three days a week its not less than 90 minutes. When it is cooler, I walk a lot. Really miss that. Can't wait for the end of October. Thanks for the pep talk.
    Old 08-17-2011, 08:20 PM

elm, sounds like a good plan. I know what you are talking about. I have been doing that for years. I follow my plan and do real good then I just stop and regain - undoing all my hard work. I don't know why I do it but I have decided enough is enough. I have to complete my journey this time, I have too much to live for and I want to be around for alot a great things in the future.
    Missy, it's great to heard from you.
    Old 08-17-2011, 08:50 PM

Missy,I grew up cooking in a resturant.We start the water cold with some salt or vinegar,and the eggs ,as it helps release the shell from the egg/will not flavor the eggs.Then bring it to a boil/ after their cooked,Imediately put cold water on the eggs {after dumping the hot water out.It will contract the eggs from the shell.Keep them in the cold water with cold water running some to keep the water cold,After they cool,then peel them under cold running water,not hard water pressure tho.It will help in the peeling.I always smack gently the eggs on the side of the sink,then roll it all over to crush the shell.But not real hard,just enough to break the shells.They should then fall off practically under the running water.Their easy to peel and you get a whole egg.Glad your enjoying yourself.
    Old 08-17-2011, 09:45 PM

Hi all, It's late but just wanted to touch base with you all. Been busy the last few days. Our neighbor is on vacation and we are taking care of his place. This year he or I should say Linda his wife put in a garden and I have been trying to keep up with all the weeds and picking the veggies.
    Lots of squash and tomatoes I have had to pass some around to other neighbors. I love fresh veggies. With all this heat I have not been doing the 3 and 4 mi walks but I have done 1 and 2 mi walks. Got on the scale today and almost another pound. That makes 2.5 for the month so far. I would like more but happy with a loss of any kind.
    So glad to hear from you Missy and congrats on your loss. I have always cooked my eggs like Zyile and they peel just fine. If you are in a hurry to peel them add Ice to the water and put a small crack in the shell. I didn't know that a protein def. caused hair loss. Thanks for the heads up. DH keeps cutting back on his protein and I have noticed a little thinning on him. He has always had a good head of hair.
    MJ your new pic of your pup is so cute he is such a little doll. I keep you in my thoughts and prayers just as I do all of you that need it.
    Sorry to go on so long talk to you later
    Gail
    Old 08-17-2011, 10:26 PM

Good evening or morning depending if you've slept or not.

My computer got slammed with multiple viruses. My repairman was closed and I couldn't afford to take it anywhere else, so I left it alone. I did check in a few days, but still down. Tonight while I was cleaning up extra apps on the computer, one connected to the Internet so I popped on here to check in. Not sure if my free virus protection was able to handle the intruders. I won't be doing any financial tranactions until I know.

Weight - sliding down from the 8 pounds gained with the bites. Rashes - almost healed. Throat - still swollen. I'm tired of people on the phone thinking I have a bad cold. Swelling in legs was better during the day, but swelling in the evening, but yesterday and today, that's better, too. The swelling pulled open a spot on my shin where my doctor removed a tumor a while back - at least 18 months ago, so'll watch that. All in all, much better.

Jeanne, when you over wanting to crash for diagnostic purposes, try heading of the hypoglycemic crashes with a protein/carb snack. Cheese and crackers worked for my son, daughter and husband. Heavy protein breakfast and cheese and crackers at 10:00 worked for them. The same cheese and crackers or peanut butter and crackers worked for my diabetic children, too. I used to have high blood sugar - straight protein was my drug of choice - no crackers. Now it's perfect, thank goodness.

Had a very long walk today so now my back and feet are complaining, but I'll survive. I needed one of the dogs to poo before the doctor's office closed. It took her forever as evening is her time of choice. Maybe I'll be lighter tomorrow.

Nancia, Olivia is beautiful.

MJ, that's good news.

Good night, all. I get tired when I sit still.
    Old 08-18-2011, 01:10 AM

Originally Posted by seahorsesanna
    just saw this on the board and it made me laugh hope it gives you a chuckle too

1. If walking is good, a postal worker would be immortal.
    2. A whale swims all day, only eats fish, only drinks water and yet is fat.
    3. A rabbit runs and hops and still only lives 15-20 years.
    4. A tortoise doesn't run, doesn't hop, walks extremely slow and lives to be 450!

anybody heard from irish rose? I havent seen her on here for a few days?
    That's good
    Old 08-18-2011, 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Good evening or morning depending if you've slept or not.

My computer got slammed with multiple viruses. My repairman was closed and I couldn't afford to take it anywhere else, so I left it alone. I did check in a few days, but still down. Tonight while I was cleaning up extra apps on the computer, one connected to the Internet so I popped on here to check in. Not sure if my free virus protection was able to handle the intruders. I won't be doing any financial tranactions until I know.

Weight - sliding down from the 8 pounds gained with the bites. Rashes - almost healed. Throat - still swollen. I'm tired of people on the phone thinking I have a bad cold. Swelling in legs was better during the day, but swelling in the evening, but yesterday and today, that's better, too. The swelling pulled open a spot on my shin where my doctor removed a tumor a while back - at least 18 months ago, so'll watch that. All in all, much better.

Jeanne, when you over wanting to crash for diagnostic purposes, try heading of the hypoglycemic crashes with a protein/carb snack. Cheese and crackers worked for my son, daughter and husband. Heavy protein breakfast and cheese and crackers at 10:00 worked for them. The same cheese and crackers or peanut butter and crackers worked for my diabetic children, too. I used to have high blood sugar - straight protein was my drug of choice - no crackers. Now it's perfect, thank goodness.

Had a very long walk today so now my back and feet are complaining, but I'll survive. I needed one of the dogs to poo before the doctor's office closed. It took her forever as evening is her time of choice. Maybe I'll be lighter tomorrow.

Nancia, Olivia is beautiful.

MJ, that's good news.

Good night, all. I get tired when I sit still.
    Wow,you have been thru the mill and back with this thing you got.We have a friend that called awhile back and said he has shingles.He said it's very painful.And he's blistered all over and he said it was very contageous.So,not coming around here of course.Last time he got it,they wrapped him like a mummy and his wife had to literally wipe his tush.Very painful.What ever it is you have is sure not going very fast.Guess because like all viruses,they have to run their course.Too bad they couldn't do a culture on it to see what it was so you don't get it again.I will be praying for you.I too was wondering where and how you were doing.Did you go to the DR to see what it was?Are they dying up good and leaving,or are some still weepy?Oh,I bet you hurt and are in pain everywhere,my god I can't even imagine what your going thru,and even been thru that past few weeks.It's just terrible and I'm sorry what ever it was bit you.If this is a allergic reaction,we need to find out what it is,so you can carry antivenom or something.I sure not go there again,I know some people die from stuff like this from the allergic reaction.But your tough and treating it right,so will get past it.I'd have to have silvadine and numbing stuff,as well as pain pills were it me.Heck,I get a paper cut and do it,I don't like pain from sores esp. Bad enough I have daily pain in the joints and back,but when it comes to a sore,cut, or scratch,I'm a baby.Good luck with all your endevours and may you heal fast.Sounds like your on the downhill side of it,thank god!!!!!!!!!
    Old 08-18-2011, 03:26 AM

Good morning everyone!
    Welcome back Missy. So glad things are going well for you.
    My initial blood test have come back and they are all within the normal range. Still haven't had the one that doc wants taken while I'm in an active hypoglycemic episode.
    Irish, it seems like if one of us isn't ill then our computer is. Hope you can get it fixed soon.
    Don't think I'll loose much if any this week, I've just been out of control with my eating. Haven't been exercising becuase of not feeling good. Hope to start swiming again tomorrow. Well I have to go get hubby up so we can give our dog his insulin. He's not doing well with his diabetis either - looks like we may have to put him down in the near future. It will break my hubby's heart. Bye and hope everyone has a great day.