Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-19-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    good morning all!

I ended up walking 1/2 mile yesterday and my body feels it today!

I am proud of myself and will try to walk again today. It is hot and humid, but not too bad right now.

I get the "willies" sometimes talking about death, too. DH and I have a firesafe we have all our papers in. I worry about my quilty things, he won't remember where/who they go to.
    Well,at least we're coming clean about the fat quarters and will get them off.That's me too.I'm behind from missy on.But did buy the right ones for the month and got new ones.I have fabrics,but they been washed,so for $1.27 at walmart,I just got new ones.I think the material is pretty,and is 100% cotton.And got 3 mailing envelopes to put them in.They just fit.Now that I know where to buy them,as our quilt shop moved 5 miles out the other direction towards phonex,so is 20 miles one way.Death is the willies to a lot of folks.But I don't think it's s bad as we think.Most go in their sleep and aren't even aware cause the brain shuts down pretty quick.So we don't feel it.Like going to sleep,we're not really there.In fact they say they did a study,and had people on a weighing bed.And found at the moment of death,when the spirit leaves,the body loses 8 oz I think,so even our spirit weighs,strange ...I haven't mailed FQ's since Nanny Sandy won. I have them, just never get to the post office. I don't drive and the car is only here MTW, on Wed is doc apptmts out of town...great excuses, but somebody's quilt is waiting...
    Bad Purple! Bad!
    Old 08-19-2011, 05:43 PM

Well,how did mine get in the middle of yours? Now that's weired.......... quote=Xylie55]
    Originally Posted by purplemem
    good morning all!

I ended up walking 1/2 mile yesterday and my body feels it today!

I am proud of myself and will try to walk again today. It is hot and humid, but not too bad right now.

I get the "willies" sometimes talking about death, too. DH and I have a firesafe we have all our papers in. I worry about my quilty things, he won't remember where/who they go to.
    Well,at least we're coming clean about the fat quarters and will get them off.That's me too.I'm behind from missy on.But did buy the right ones for the month and got new ones.I have fabrics,but they been washed,so for $1.27 at walmart,I just got new ones.I think the material is pretty,and is 100% cotton.And got 3 mailing envelopes to put them in.They just fit.Now that I know where to buy them,as our quilt shop moved 5 miles out the other direction towards phonex,so is 20 miles one way.Death is the willies to a lot of folks.But I don't think it's s bad as we think.Most go in their sleep and aren't even aware cause the brain shuts down pretty quick.So we don't feel it.Like going to sleep,we're not really there.In fact they say they did a study,and had people on a weighing bed.And found at the moment of death,when the spirit leaves,the body loses 8 oz I think,so even our spirit weighs,strange ...I haven't mailed FQ's since Nanny Sandy won. I have them, just never get to the post office. I don't drive and the car is only here MTW, on Wed is doc apptmts out of town...great excuses, but somebody's quilt is waiting...
    Bad Purple! Bad!
    [/quote]
    Old 08-19-2011, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Morning everyone!

MJ congratulations. That's a long walk for you. Keep it up one step at a time.

Xylie, I couldn't have said it better myself. The Lord and I are very close. I rely on Him for everything. Somtimes I get panicky or anxious and forget He is right there for me. But then He softly reminds me He is right beside me.

Yesterday in PT I found out that the group of nerves running from the right side of my neck down my right arm are screwed up so I'm now going to be in PT for a few weeks. I don't mind though because my PT lady is a quilter and a long arm quilter. Such fun PT and exchanging quilting notes! Today I'm going to start to swim again. If my blood sugar bottoms out and I pass out I figure I'll just be a practice lesson for the life guard! I weighed in this morning and gained 1/2 lb. I don't worry much about that, it will go away once I start swimming and water aerobics and walking.

Have a good day everyone & God Bless!
    Well I figure he made me,so he can darn well fix me.........by the way,for you and MJ,and any body else with diabetes,I found a vid on u-tube that has this guy that was 428 pounds,and had diabetes,colan cancer,kidneys weren't working,and was literaly dying.He met some folks that introduced him to drinking juices from barley and grass of some kind,and he went on the juice fast,and has lost over 200 pounds,of which lost 89 pounds in the 1st 90 days,and got a book called "how to cure diabetes in 4 days" by Something Cousens,on amazon.And has cured his diabetes,got his kidneys healed and working,and got rid of his cancer,plus lost over now 200 pounds.Just put in "Dave the Vegan Truck Driver" on U-tube.And his vids will pop up/He's for real.And like me,I feel I don't have any thing to lose by trying new things,especially if it will do all that.Those green juices he drinks gives him energy,and healed his body.Now he's healthy and cancer free,diebetes free,and did heal it in 4 days.Please,please,please,you who have anything,at least watch these video's.Hey,if I had all your problems,and Mj's,I'd do those juices for at least1 week straight.He did say it tasted like lawn grass at first,but put in apples and sweetner to flavor it up a bit.But now it don't bother him.It healed every thing he had.Plus all that weight he lost.I am going to do it.But I'm going to get the powdered mixes to start with,cause I don't know how to do it yet.But am going to learn........It's worth a shot.Then you won't have any reason to have diabetes,etc.I feel it's worth at least one week.His sugar was 300 plus,now it stays at 87.And no more pills!!!The worst that will happen is you'll lose weight and heal yourselves.Oh,I watched his videos on "LIFEREGENERATOR" U-TUBE CHANNEL.
    Old 08-19-2011, 06:30 PM

That sounds interesting. I'm going to watch those. I don't have any of those problems but if it helps me get healthier - I'm in.
    Old 08-19-2011, 07:24 PM

This sound interesting. Where do you get the powder. what is it called? I have lost 31 pounds and have been stuck there for a while.
    Old 08-19-2011, 08:24 PM

I don't know where to get them.I did ask.It's a raw diet,so maybe a health food store?I saw some online.We are going to have to watch them to see/I feel the same.I don't have all those issues,but the benefits are great.Mj and Jeanie both should do it.We'll keep looking and find out more.I just found these vids last night.And I am going to do it.I been stuck too for a month now.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:10 PM

I u-tube every night after hubby goes to bed.I already watched all Ellen's McCauley's,and Steve Turano's videos.Did them in 3 nights each.So,look for something else to learn.I love to learn new things.And for my diet,I hate that word,but for lack of a better one,I'll use it.I try different things.I lost 93 pounds,but am at a lull still.I know I need to cut more calories.But I don't want to go hungry doing it. 2 weeks ago I learned we sometimes need to gain weight to lose.So I put on 7 pounds,and got off 5.So am 2 in the hole.But did lose.Just not enough.So,I'm not afraid to try something new and different.This looks like I could do it,eat all I want,only a raw diet.I been watching quite a few video's on raw diets,and they all say it's healthy and they all lose massive amounts of weight.Plus heal themselves in the process and just feel better.I don't want to go completely raw,because I like my meat and potatoes,but would for a month.or even a week or 2 to 'TRY' it and see how I do.Might even do it for 3 or 4 months,or how ever long it takes.If I don't like it,I don't care,I don't care if it tastes like lawn grass,if it worked,I'd stay on it.We can't just keep doing the same old things,their not working for most us.At least with a raw diet,there would be high nutrients,and beneficial health effects.I just feel we don't have anything to lose to try it,research the vids on u-tube.See what others say.Again,I NEVER thought,I'd even look at it.But stumbled upon it,and saw Dave's testimony,and thought,wow.Now that stuff he's doing works good.I did fine a 2011 video of Dave,and he's skinny now.Wow,he looks great.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:18 PM

Anyone one with serious health problems should not undertake this without a doctor's consent. Just because the truck driver didn't kill himself doesn't make it safe. That being said, I have done a 30 day juice fast ago. I didn't lose much weight - I didn't need to then, but I did feel much better while I was on it. The first three days I was hungry, but not after that until day 28. Then I knew it was time to eat again. It was balanced, mostly freshly squeezed juices and some supplements.

At this point, I still am a proponent of eat less, move more, but I do think it makes a difference what and when you eat. It isn't just calories. For me it's higher protein and lower carbs and most of those carbs by lunchtime. Easy to type, hard to do.

An arthritis site I was on tonight said 30 minutes of walking equal 3300 steps. Didn't mention the speed although that would affect the total. Also recommended that same walking for strengthening the muscles around the joint to protect them from more damage. Nothing new, but I need an occasional reminder.

I wish you all a clean eating day tomorrow. I do have the Clean Eating book. It sounds very healthy, though it takes a level of commitment that I am currently lacking.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:18 PM

I'm going into town tomorrow and can stop by the health food store to see if I can find info on the raw food diet. I'll let you all know in the afternoon what I find.
    Old 08-19-2011, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    Anyone one with serious health problems should not undertake this without a doctor's consent. Just because the truck driver didn't kill himself doesn't make it safe. That being said, I have done a 30 day juice fast ago. I didn't lose much weight - I didn't need to then, but I did feel much better while I was on it. The first three days I was hungry, but not after that until day 28. Then I knew it was time to eat again. It was balanced, mostly freshly squeezed juices and some supplements.

At this point, I still am a proponent of eat less, move more, but I do think it makes a difference what and when you eat. It isn't just calories. For me it's higher protein and lower carbs and most of those carbs by lunchtime. Easy to type, hard to do.

An arthritis site (Med MD)I was on tonight said 30 minutes of walking equal 3300 steps. Didn't mention the speed, but that would affect the total. Also recommended that same walking for strengthening the muscles around the joint to protect them from more damage. Nothing new, but I need an occasional reminder.

I wish you all a clean eating day tomorrow. I do have the Clean Eating book. It sounds very healthy, though it takes a level of commitment that I am currently lacking.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Oh I agree,no one should do anything without consulting with your dr first.Dave had 2 Dr.s that were watching him close.And they couldn't believe what he did.One even said diabetes can not be cured.But is a believer now.Both dr's were amazed with his turn-around.Went from dying,to living.I don't know if I can do it either,but am going to give it a try.If we don't try things,we get comfortable and don't do anything.My meals aren't working any more for me.Is has worked to get 93 pounds off,and I'm happy about that,and I'm still eating them.I'm going to do more research and go to the health food store and see what they got.Maybe I could run my grass through the chopper.EEwww,no just kidding....Well,anyway,yes,check with your dr before doing anything like this.They;ll probably tell you the same thing.Because they don't know about this other way.All I know is,watching the vids don't cost anything,and being raw is different.I don't think I could do it 100%.Especially starting out.But they didn't either.All I'm saying is,check Dave out,check raw eating out,and check that book out.They don't have to do it,nor should they without their dr. knowing and being there to keep an eye on them.I'd do it if I had diabetis.I'd tell my dr.I want to go raw,and go from there.If I had a chance at a cure,even losing the weight on it would do that much and get them off those pills.I bet it might help my artheritis too.That would be good.I'm tired of taking pain meds.I have to take #4 codines 2 @ a time 3 or 4 X a day to even get the edge off my pain.Plus antiflamatories,and a couple asprins.I'm zonked half the time.It would be nice to be free of them.So,I'm hoping it will do wonders for me too,and I can get pill free too.