Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-20-2011, 09:46 AM
    elm

Originally Posted by amBoo
    I've been getting the zero fat greek yogurt with fruit from Costco. That's a good idea to check the regular and add my own blueberries, etc to it. I guess I need to go to the grocery store and read some labels to see if some have less protein.
    ....or limit myself to one a day! *sigh* no one said this would be easy!!

Nancy
    It may not be the protein as much as the sugar and possible other additives. Seems that additives get in the way of weight loss.
    Old 08-20-2011, 11:50 AM

I have the fat free greek yogurt . I then add 2 tbsp of sugar free polanders prserves with added fiber and I top it with bran buds. A 1cup serving of yogurt is only 110 cal. The preserves add another 20 cal and the bran buds add another 70 cal. totol of under 200 cal.but I usually can only eat 1/2 cup and I am full. Greek yogurt has so much more flavor than the reg. And yes if you get it with the fruit already added it has a lot of extra sugar. Try adding the sugar free preserves. I think you'll like it
    Old 08-20-2011, 11:52 AM

My main thought is that I exceed the protein recommendations by a large amount every day. As someone mentioned earlier, too much protein isn't good for you. I'll definitely do some label reading and try switching to the plain with fresh fruit added. Fortunately, the large piece of black forest cake I ate a while ago has very little protein :roll: It's my dh's birthday so I had to have cake!

Nancy
    Old 08-20-2011, 01:33 PM

I started recording my food in fitness pal today. It will be interesting to see how far off I am in my estimates of what constitutes a day's worth of food. I think the Dove chocolates will put me over. My fitness pal has an interesting exercise article. It leads up to a sales pitch for a $40 download, but it still had some good information, especially about varying the intensity of your exercise. I suspect his program would be too intense for me. A clue was "Put down the pretty pink weights." What if those are the right ones for my age and condition?

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:00 PM

I went shopping today since I work in a school and have to go back to work on Friday:-( NOt ready I still have too much to do. We ren't allowed to wear short so I needed some new capris. All of mine were falling down at the end of the school year last year. I have taken tucks in the waist since I am still loosing and don't want to put too much money into pants that hopefully won't fit for very long. Some of them were looking pretty bad. Most of them are size 24. The capris I bought today were size 18:-) I almost didn't try them on but they were cute and cheap. I was sure they wouldn't fit but they did. I was so happy. I am also wearing a pair of shorts that wouldn't button at the beginning of the summer. The scale hasn't been very kind lately but I have been doing the elliptical most days for 30 to 45 minutes. I guess it is finally working.
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:22 PM

Good for you. It's so nice when our clothes get too big rather than too small.

Originally Posted by meanmom
    I went shopping today since I work in a school and have to go back to work on Friday:-( NOt ready I still have too much to do. We ren't allowed to wear short so I needed some new capris. All of mine were falling down at the end of the school year last year. I have taken tucks in the waist since I am still loosing and don't want to put too much money into pants that hopefully won't fit for very long. Some of them were looking pretty bad. Most of them are size 24. The capris I bought today were size 18:-) I almost didn't try them on but they were cute and cheap. I was sure they wouldn't fit but they did. I was so happy. I am also wearing a pair of shorts that wouldn't button at the beginning of the summer. The scale hasn't been very kind lately but I have been doing the elliptical most days for 30 to 45 minutes. I guess it is finally working.
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:43 PM

That's great that you've gone down several sizes!!! :thumbup: I'm sure looking forward to being able to say that, too!

Most of them are size 24. The capris I bought today were size 18:-) I almost didn't try them on but they were cute and cheap. I was sure they wouldn't fit but they did. I was so happy. ......I guess it is finally working.
    Old 08-20-2011, 03:52 PM

meanmom, remember muscle weighs more than fat, so you can lose fat and go down in size, but the scale doesn't reflect it. Gaining muscle is good. Muscle also burns more calories than fat, so having more muscle is a plus there, too. Size 24 to 18 is fantastic. Good for you!!

I just did a 45 minute walk and remembered to vary the intensity. Now I need to record it, but I think I'll have dinner first.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 08-20-2011, 04:36 PM

I had a Subway tuna for supper, haven't walked yet, except for letting the dogs in and out every hour
    Old 08-20-2011, 06:51 PM

Good for you. It feels so good so get into smaller cloths. :thumbup: