Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-23-2011, 04:57 AM
    elm

Sorry for your loss. You may need a teddy bear or pillow to hug for a while.
    Originally Posted by purplemem
    My little dog, Sammy, died this morning. He was 11, my blonde chihuahua. I rescued him from the dog pound, someone had starved him and beaten him, he had internal injuries. I brought him home and he was bonded to me for 10 years.
    Old 08-23-2011, 05:47 AM

MJ - I am so sorry for your loss. We are struggling with the thought of putting Spock (our diabetic terrier mix) to sleep. He is no longer responding to insulin and is just not doing well in general. God be with you MJ.
    Old 08-23-2011, 08:22 AM

MJ, I am sorry that your Sammy is gone. Our pets aren't pets, they are our families. If you need a hug or just an ear to listen, we are here for you.

Karen
    Old 08-23-2011, 09:17 AM

MJ, my condolences. I did that twice in two years to relatively young dogs. It tears your heart out. Rescue dogs have so much love to give. When the hurt lessens, the love you shared will remain. Mia has been gone 6 years and I miss her still. Some are irreplaceable. I'm sure Mia is welcoming Sammy to the Rainbow Bridge. Hugs and prayers are being sent.

Jeanne, when life stops being fun for our furbabies, then it's up to us to do what needs to be done. I'm glad I didn't have to decide with Mia and Sasha. Their conditions mandated it.
    Old 08-23-2011, 09:19 AM

So sorry to hear about the lose of a pet. They are just like one of our children. We have a 14 yr old sheltie, her name is Gabby. I love that dog and she is so much company for me.
    Old 08-23-2011, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    My little dog, Sammy, died this morning. He was 11, my blonde chihuahua. I rescued him from the dog pound, someone had starved him and beaten him, he had internal injuries. I brought him home and he was bonded to me for 10 years.
    OH MJ!! I am so sorry your Sammy has passed. BIG HUGS!!!

Missy
    Old 08-23-2011, 01:48 PM

This has been a bad month for me weight wise, due to increased stress. I have gained back all that I had lost in the last 2 months.

I have to find a way to break this stress eating and stay on track with the healthy eating.

I have been battling a month long of cluster migraines and my mom falling and breaking her arm. UGHHH

I have lost all desire to even try to lose weight most days. All i want to do is eat junk food and sleep when I am not at work. I have starting drinking more sodas again.

And my diabetes - blood sugars are out of whack again.

I am trying not to beat myself up, but it is hard not to.

ok i am done on my rant.............

Congrats to those who are losing.

MJ - sorry for your loss.
    Old 08-23-2011, 01:56 PM

Createfourpaws, I have an idea of what you are going through. My mom has fallen and broken her arm, her back collapsed last year and she was bedridden for over three months--we never thought she would sit up or walk again. I was devestated because I am the child that takes care of her, even though I have a sister who lives 7 miles from her (I live 80 miles away). There is so much stress that it is hard to even think about eating healthy. My heart goes out toyou. Please remember though you need to try and stay healthy, not only for yourself, but for your mother, family and friends that love you, including us on the board. We would miss you sorely if anything bad happened to you.

Karen
    Old 08-23-2011, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by scrapngmom
    Createfourpaws, I have an idea of what you are going through. My mom has fallen and broken her arm, her back collapsed last year and she was bedridden for over three months--we never thought she would sit up or walk again. I was devestated because I am the child that takes care of her, even though I have a sister who lives 7 miles from her (I live 80 miles away). There is so much stress that it is hard to even think about eating healthy. My heart goes out toyou. Please remember though you need to try and stay healthy, not only for yourself, but for your mother, family and friends that love you, including us on the board. We would miss you sorely if anything bad happened to you.

Karen
    Thanks Karen, I live at my parents. we converted the garage into an apartment for me.

I am trying as i dont wont to look like some of my patients I see at the hospital. That should be the motivation I need. There are times I do what I should and time I get so down that I just cant go forward.

I am the only one of all the siblings that can help with my parents. It is challenging for me. It takes lots of prayers on my part not to lose my mind.
    Old 08-23-2011, 02:17 PM

When I get sad about the way my life hasn't panned out the way I thought it ought too, I do feel slightly better knowing that there are thousands of quilters on this board who are struggling with trials like mine and who still have sympathy for others . You are not alone,and although I might be thousands of miles away and never meet you, I wish you well and hope you can get climb out of the dark place and feel better about life soon. >