Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-23-2011, 02:25 PM

createfourpaws, I'm sorry to hear that things are overwhelming right now. I have two suggestions 1) Check in here more often. This is an encouraging group and we all want the best for you. 2) Find time for yourself. Take a bubblebath, polish your fingernails and go for a walk. You can't walk far without enjoying the fresh air, flowers, etc. The negaive ions in the outdoors- especially after a rain are uplifting.

Xylie, where are you?
    Old 08-23-2011, 03:37 PM

I can spell negative - sorry. I was editing it when something came up and I didn't get back. My edit was kicked off after an hour of inactivity.

Everyone OK after the earthquake? Workers in Traverse City, MI felt swaying and tremors in the taller buildings. That's a long way from the center. My son just started working at a new location in New Jersey. I will call him as soon as I walk the dogs.

Xylie, where are you? I miss your posts.
    Judy
    Old 08-23-2011, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    createfourpaws, I'm sorry to hear that things are overwhelming right now. I have two suggestions 1) Check in here more often. This is an encouraging group and we all want the best for you. 2) Find time for yourself. Take a bubblebath, polish your fingernails and go for a walk. You can't walk far without enjoying the fresh air, flowers, etc. The negaive ions in the outdoors- especially after a rain are uplifting.

Xylie, where are you?
    Thanks Irish. It is hard to get outside right now with the intense heat. I will take the time for that bubble bath and just relax there. I will get back into doing some quilting since I havent done anything in quite while. I have been slowly organzing my sewing area in my living room. The mess could also be adding to my depression and down feelings. Need to get productive.

I am just glad that my mom doesnt need to have surgery on her broken arm, she will be in a cast for about 3 months. Have to pay close attention to her and when she takes her pain pills, trying to take them too close together.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts and comments.
    Old 08-23-2011, 04:17 PM
    elm

createforpaws
    Good for you for taking the time to rant. That's the first step. Start back by taking little steps. Even if it's only for a few minutes a day, do something you really enjoy. Keep checking in to the board. Be well.
    Old 08-23-2011, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by elm
    createforpaws
    Good for you for taking the time to rant. That's the first step. Start back by taking little steps. Even if it's only for a few minutes a day, do something you really enjoy. Keep checking in to the board. Be well.
    Yes it does help. I am doing what I can when I can. I know I am ready for this heat here in Texas to cool down.

I am also getting more on my Scentsy business going. I hope to increase those sales as well.

Cindy
    Old 08-23-2011, 05:03 PM

createfourpaws, Lord, children and aging parents, LOL. When my youngest DD was nearly 18, she had a horrific surgery on her face/mouth. I had to call poison control and hide her meds because she was drugged enough not to keep the four hours. Poison control told me the codeine wouldn't kill her, but the Tylenol it was mixed with would. Yikes! Also had to padlock her bicycle. She thought because I let her out of the house to walk a bit as long as a responsible person was with her, that it included biking. It's hard to keep active young ones down, but there'd been no repairing her face if she were to fall off a bike before the bones knit together.

Back to your problem - how else can you get some exercise? Is it too hot early in the morning or in the late evening? I would go crazy cooped up with just stale air. My AC isn't on unless the humidity is so high it messes with my heart. I have congestive heart failure along with several other heart problems. It's been okay for a few years. The humidity is really high now - 100%. We just rained on. I rushed Lily and Moira a half mile back home because I just put flea preventative on them yesterday. Too expensive to rinse off and 'Ria needs it. She's allergic to flea bites.

Tonight was to be dinner out with my daughter, but her granddaughter fell on concrete and banged her face. The two year old (my GGD)is in the hospital and my daughter went to sit with her daughter (my GD). So I haven't eaten because nothing sounds good. I think I have a Lean Cuisine somewhere.
    Old 08-23-2011, 05:23 PM

I can spell negative - sorry. I was editing it when something came up and I didn't get back. My edit was kicked off after an hour of inactivity.

Everyone OK after the earthquake? Workers in Traverse City, MI felt swaying and tremors in the taller buildings. That's a long way from the center. My son just started working at a new location in New Jersey. I will call him as soon as I walk the dogs.

Xylie, where are you? I miss your posts.
    Judy
    Did you miss me? It's 118 outside,I got an old air conditioner out of the shed and put it in a window.As our big one now has decided to play freeze up.And we don't have that much longer to go.So think we can get by with it till payday,then the home depoe's etc should start clearencing them out for the season.Then we can get one cheaper.Still going for our rides every night.Tried to save some $ and changed my own oil,but went to town today,and it pinged a bit,so checked it,and couldn't tell where it was,so added 1/2 qt.Well then the car smoked like crazy,so drove it to the shop,and I overfilled it.The guy laughed and said he'd drain it all out and fill it up with his oil.So only cost us $20.00 and no charge for labor.So,didn't save a dime.Next time I'll keep going to jiffy lube.Sometimes it don't pay to be cheap.it costs in the long run.LOL.And I been just busy.Been watching vids after hubby goes to bed.Going totaly raw is not good,every body that done it about 8 to 10 months in,either had their appendicts taken out,or stayed at home and toughed it out.So,should be at least 15% cooked along with it.I watched the debate between Susan Weed and that other gal.One was for raw,the other not.It was a 7 part series.Was good.I think the Susan Weed won in my books.But the other side is right too.I believe we need both,like I been doing.......
    Old 08-23-2011, 05:40 PM

Mj,so sorry about Sammy.I had a tea cup poodle that I just adored,and when he died,I nearly went crazy.I grieved for him 3 yrs I bet.Then I got Pepper,and she really lit up my world.She's starting to get older now,so am looking for another one like her so she can train it,and then when she goes,hopefully in 7 yrs still,we'll have one to get us thru and help us with our grief.That's the only thing about pets,they don't last a long time,but know they had a good life and was spoilt rotten,and remember the good times,It's all we can do.And like my vet said,their in a better place running and skipping along waiting for us in heaven.I know my pets will all be there.As Jesus said we shall have animals there.And he also said ALL spirits go back to him.So know,we will be re-united with them.So,just remember that.I think he has them on loan to us,but when we get there,they will be given back to us full time.I really do believe that or he wouldn't of said the lions will lay down with the lamb.I never had any children myself,so my pets are my children.So know how you feel.Look for another one.Their free around here,in fact the rescue places are always trying to find good homes for pets,and their free.Just something to ponder over when you get ready.And they need a home so bad,most of them are great pets,thet just need a chance and someone to love them.
    Old 08-23-2011, 05:43 PM

createfourpaws, Lord, children and aging parents, LOL. When my youngest DD was nearly 18, she had a horrific surgery on her face/mouth. I had to call poison control and hide her meds because she was drugged enough not to keep the four hours. Poison control told me the codeine wouldn't kill her, but the Tylenol it was mixed with would. Yikes! Also had to padlock her bicycle. She thought because I let her out of the house to walk a bit as long as a responsible person was with her, that it included biking. It's hard to keep active young ones down, but there'd been no repairing her face if she were to fall off a bike before the bones knit together.

Back to your problem - how else can you get some exercise? Is it too hot early in the morning or in the late evening? I would go crazy cooped up with just stale air. My AC isn't on unless the humidity is so high it messes with my heart. I have congestive heart failure along with several other heart problems. It's been okay for a few years. The humidity is really high now - 100%. We just rained on. I rushed Lily and Moira a half mile back home because I just put flea preventative on them yesterday. Too expensive to rinse off and 'Ria needs it. She's allergic to flea bites.

Tonight was to be dinner out with my daughter, but her granddaughter fell on concrete and banged her face. The two year old (my GGD)is in the hospital and my daughter went to sit with her daughter (my GD). So I haven't eaten because nothing sounds good. I think I have a Lean Cuisine somewhere.
    Sorry to hear about your GGD, prayers going up for a quick recovery.

For dinner I ate the leftovers from Red lobster the other day.

As far as where can I get exercise, not real sure as am not close to a mall to walk in. I will keep looking for options.
    Old 08-23-2011, 05:49 PM

Yes, you were missed. My car needs oil and lube. Every time a check comes, I have to put off the car, but it will get done early next week. I wouldn't think of doing it myself on a car with 5 3/4" clearance from the ground. I have a small shop that can't do the computerized stuff, but the 2 brothers do a lot for me.

I won't debate the raw with you. We need raw veggies (some are healthier cooked) and fruit for enyzmes, but most things are just better cooked. My dogs eat raw meat, but I want mine cooked. I will not be sharing their dinner of raw turkey legs, raw chicken liver and some raw ground venison for Lily because she needs more food than Moira. Can't imagine eating raw wheatberries instead of a piece of bread. Or millet in my case. No wheat in any form.

I'm glad you had back up AC. August is no time to be without it in that area.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Judy