Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-26-2011, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    My happy time this week is that I am now able to weigh on a home scale. This is HUGE because I have only been able to weigh at the hospital on their scale that goes to 1,000 pounds. I weighed this morning and I weigh 381.2!! It has been at least 15 years since I have been at this weight. I am going to begin exercising more this week to see if I can get myself down into the 370s. The idea of that happening makes me have goosebumps! What a huge thing for me!!

Missy
    That is fantastic! I have to go buy a scale. I think the only real thing I have accomplished this month is avoiding the candy bar and Pepsi I ate every time I went shopping. I do still grab a soda once in a while but it's diet.

Kris
    Old 08-26-2011, 08:27 AM

Missy, that is wonderful news! I am very happy for you.

Next week is the last day of the month, Wednesday. I will publish the new link on Tuesday and ask for report-ins and sign-ups. That is the day I go to the doc, so I will have an official weigh-in!

It has been one year ago today that I started this weight loss adventure. I weighed 302 on that day, today I weighed 266. Not the 40 lbs I was, but 35 is excellent in anyone's book!!

I pray I do as well this year.

Keep on moving and thinking! Impulse is our downfall, through our careful thinking and planning we can accomplish our goals.
    Old 08-26-2011, 10:38 AM

Wow Missy! Way to go. You should be very proud of yourself.

Purplemem, that is a great accomplishment too. You have come a long way.
    Old 08-26-2011, 10:48 AM

My heart and prayers go out to those folks that are in the path of the hurricane. Being from Louisiana, I know too well of what you are going through right now. Please, please heed the warnings of the officials. Hopefully, by now you have either evacuated or have prepared for the storm....batteries, portable radio, drinking water, non perishable food items (and don't forget a can opener....a manual can opener), something to light the bar-B-q. One year I thought that I was all prepared..had all the above items except a manuel can opener. Also, fill your car up and have cash. When Katrinina came through, we had problems getting gas. One more thing....some people don't think about this....but fill your bathtub up with water. In case your water supply into your home is interupted, at least you will have a way to flush the toilet.

Be safe....prepare for the worst and hope for the best. My prayers are with you....Linda
    Old 08-26-2011, 10:50 AM

Missy, you inspire me. I hope you are as proud of yourself as we are of you. I had to get a new scale today too. I step on the old one and it read 114 lbs. Maybe if I cut off both arms and legs - shaved a little off the belly, it could be right. But it was nice to dream for a little bit. Good thought to all.
    Old 08-26-2011, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    Missy, you inspire me. I hope you are as proud of yourself as we are of you. I had to get a new scale today too. I step on the old one and it read 114 lbs. Maybe if I cut off both arms and legs - shaved a little off the belly, it could be right. But it was nice to dream for a little bit. Good thought to all.
    Oh thank you so much! I am proud of myself. This has been a long and hard (at times) journey. I think that people who say that having the weight loss surgery is an easy way out has no idea what they are talking about! I cannot now or ever again randomly put something in my mouth. I have to chew endlessly and the days of drinking while eating are over for me. BUT...I have to say that even though I have a ton of restrictions on me and my eating I would not change one single thing. It has saved my life and I will never regret doing what I have done to get this weight off.

I am tickled pink that I can now get up and weigh myself anytime I want to instead of having to go to the hospital to weigh myself. Yay!

Missy
    Old 08-26-2011, 12:13 PM

i'm back from texas! just in time to get ready for irene. wait a minute, my tote bag is crying!!
    no, just kidding! i left olivia with her parents. they seem to truly love her. at 3 weeks old she was playing games with us- repeating actions we initiated. repeatedly! my goodness, she's brilliant!!!!
    i hope the storm weakens soon and becomes less of a threat! it's unusual for this area to get hit, but that's what they're predicting. pray they are wrong! good luck to all. if they tell you to leave, do it! no dead heroes, please!
    so many posts over the last few days i'm overwhelmed! karen, happy b'day! 23 forever! jeanne, keep rowing! the other side of the river IS getting closer! missy, congrats! i know there are some really significant milestones. you done good! everyone, keep up the good stuff !it just feels great to do well! see you all at the end of the storm!
    ps-i didn't mention cake balls on purpose. teeheehee
    Old 08-26-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by nancia
    i'm back from texas! just in time to get ready for irene. wait a minute, my tote bag is crying!!
    no, just kidding! i left olivia with her parents. they seem to truly love her. at 3 weeks old she was playing games with us- repeating actions we initiated. repeatedly! my goodness, she's brilliant!!!!
    i hope the storm weakens soon and becomes less of a threat! it's unusual for this area to get hit, but that's what they're predicting. pray they are wrong! good luck to all. if they tell you to leave, do it! no dead heroes, please!
    so many posts over the last few days i'm overwhelmed! karen, happy b'day! 23 forever! jeanne, keep rowing! the other side of the river IS getting closer! missy, congrats! i know there are some really significant milestones. you done good! everyone, keep up the good stuff !it just feels great to do well! see you all at the end of the storm!
    ps-i didn't mention cake balls on purpose. teeheehee
    I figured you'd come home with a crying tote bag.LOL.Well glad your back and had a good time with Olivia.I hope that storm doesn't do a lot of damage,but know it will.They always do.Well,I'll let you go and get some rest,Glad your back.
    Old 08-26-2011, 04:32 PM
    elm

wow, I'm feeling humble tonight. my health is good. My goal is to lose about 28 pounds. Compared to the obstacles some of you face, mine are nothing. You all impress me with your willingness to be open and to share thoughts, ideas and feelings. Thank you.
    Old 08-26-2011, 05:50 PM

I need to get my eating under control. I am not worried about my son in NJ/DE, but I can't stay out of the candy. He knows what he is doing and has decided to ride it out in his motel room in Wilmington on the Delaware River. I talked to him tonight - he had been to the store, the ATM (took four to find one with money) and parked the truck in the safest place he could find. My overeating won't help him. My fasting my candy will because it will remind me to pray for him.

It's raining so I'm not going out walking. I may have to go anyway just for stress relief. I won't melt - if I would, I'd take my clothes off until I melted to the size I desire.

There's a community wide yard sale here tomorrow. I wish I could carry things down the stairs (4 steps). There is too much in my house. I may put a sign out listing my Christmas tree, a Southwest bench and one of my vintage sewing machines, then I don't have to carry them unless someone is interested because they won't be yard sale prices. I wanted to have fabric sorted by now - it might sell. I have my school clothes to do, too, but clothes don't sell.

Daniel will be fine. He is intelligent and well trained. He is a former Eagle Scout, a US Marine, a police officer for 8 years, a Water Safety Instructor, etc. I reminded him that he has been trained to help people, but not to do it the peril of his own life. He has a high strung wife and stepdaughter, plus a daughter in Abq. They need him.

Send me some positive energy so I can stop overeating. Thank you for listening. Judy