Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-27-2011, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    I did not mean to imply that I started the Weight Loss Adventure thread a year ago, I started my individual weight loss adventure then. I was on another thread here on the board that folded, then moved to this thread. Trupeach was the originator of this thread, she moved to another board.

I have "hosted" this thread for the last 4 months, but really it is a group effort. If you just depended on me for the thread, it would be truly boring.

Thank you for the encouragement. For all of us, it is a daily struggle or we wouldn't be here.

Nancia, I heard that baby crying all the way to Mississippi! Now you take her back! her parents miss her!
    MJ I am so thankful for you and for what you do! You have been a wonderful friend and I am so glad to be able to call you that. Let your hubby know that I am thinking of him too!!

Missy
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:14 AM

Originally Posted by MissyGirl
    I did not mean to imply that I started the Weight Loss Adventure thread a year ago, I started my individual weight loss adventure then. I was on another thread here on the board that folded, then moved to this thread. Trupeach was the originator of this thread, she moved to another board.

I have "hosted" this thread for the last 4 months, but really it is a group effort. If you just depended on me for the thread, it would be truly boring.

Thank you for the encouragement. For all of us, it is a daily struggle or we wouldn't be here.

Nancia, I heard that baby crying all the way to Mississippi! Now you take her back! her parents miss her!
    MJ I am so thankful for you and for what you do! You have been a wonderful friend and I am so glad to be able to call you that. Let your hubby know that I am thinking of him too!!

Missy
    MJ I too am thankful and grateful you have continue this thread when the other left. You and all who have particapted in the thread have been a godsend. I have need all this encouragement.

I have been battling with more depression since mom broke her arm, she is now extremely dependent on me. I have been feeling so stressed and like there is a weight around my neck constantly. I am happy to help, her husband ( my step dad) isnt very helpful. Your typical man who is dependent on the wife for most everything. SO I have both of them. And none of the other siblings are even trying to help.

I am trying to eat healthy and not go for the junk, not bringing into the house.

I know I got on my rant again. Thanks for being here and letting me rant.
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:14 AM

Missy,
    There is not a day that goes by that we don't either mention you in conversation or in prayer.

Thank you for your friendship, too.

Irish, I am continually praying over your legs!
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:15 AM

MJ, I will be watching for the September thread so I can track those who sign up again.

This has been a month that I gain all my weight back and the blood sugars have gone haywire again from my stress and improper eating, not eating when I should and drinking too many sodas.
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:20 AM

fourpaws,
    today has been a sugar binge for me. I ate almost nothing all week and today all I want is sugar. Can't wait to measure my blood sugar in the morning, will try to curb some.

Some days are just difficult!
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:21 AM

Missy,
    There is not a day that goes by that we don't either mention you in conversation or in prayer.

Thank you for your friendship, too.

Irish, I am continually praying over your legs!
    You just tell that hubby of yours HOWDY!! I am doing better day by day and so very thankful that I have had you guys for all these months as a support group. You guys rock!

Missy
    Old 08-27-2011, 11:24 AM

fourpaws,
    today has been a sugar binge for me. I ate almost nothing all week and today all I want is sugar. Can't wait to measure my blood sugar in the morning, will try to curb some.

Some days are just difficult!
    mine is wanting nothing but carbs, the good ones or the bad ones. then there is the sodas. and when at work i need to leave all money at home so i dont hit the vending machines. i have to get back to drinking more water.

yes there are days that are harder than others.

Hugs and prayers for all
    Old 08-27-2011, 12:05 PM

MJ, my legs are or will be fine - the color is back so there's no nerve involvement. As you well know, that's a concern with neuropathy. I am thinking of caling the city parks and recreation to see if there have been any other reports of tiny mysterious things - I still think chiggers. I'd sure hate to see a little one have this kind of reaction.

I'm fasting my chocolate for Daniel's safety, so I've had no sugar today. It feels good, though I do have a tiny headache and I don't get headaches.

Little dog is itchy, so I have to get some different food before 5:00. She's not allergic foods as such, but when her allergies act up, a salmon based food helps with her skin.

I'm glad everyone is doing well. Though I am a proponent of no more than two pounds a week, it's interesting to see the losses.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    Old 08-27-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by irishrose
    mim, if you need a visual to help you, imagine lard or butter instead of sugar. I look at how bulky butter is in the dairy case at the store and know I have that much stored on my body. Yeesh!

My weight was down a smidgeon this morning, but not back to pre bite. Update - the skin on legs from the knees down peeled like a snake. The underlying skin is hard as is the tissue under it, but the color is good, so I'm thinking it will be okay. It's been four weeks now.

I have to bake cookies for coffee hour tomorrow, but that's not a problem for me unless I decide to be nice and do some gluten free ones.

I am losing weight and getting healthier.
    My dr showed me a 1 lb piece of fat that was rubber and it was huge,bigger than my fist.And I remember Oprah and her 70 pounds of fat in the wagon.I can't even pick up 70 pounds.
    Old 08-27-2011, 05:18 PM

The storm has passed through North Carolina and my granddaughter (the new bride) has water deep enough to wade in her 3rd floor room. I can't imagine the fist two floors are flooded - I wonder if the roof leaks or something. The base had electricity until this afternoon. She is still able to text her mother. Haven't heard from Wilmington, but it looks like it's not there yet. I'm certainly glad the storm has downgraded to a category 1. I've never received or sent a text, but I guess I'd better turn my phone on. I'm sure Dan is communicating with his wife. She's a worrier.

Anyone want to come put away groceries? I hate putting them away. I thought of all of our earlier conversation when I bought a pound a butter.