Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop! >
  • August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

• August 2011 Winner is oldcottontop!

Old 08-30-2011, 08:50 AM

MJ, I already do - 2:30 in the afternoon five days I week. I have managed at least four a week the last few weeks. I do them standing - there is the option. The other thing I can do is use a DVD or tape, but my players aren't left hooked up. I hate wires. I want to start riding my bike again since my balance problems from the meds for the nerve damage are abating, but every time I get a bike out, I panic and put it back away. Going over the handlebars three years ago must have made more of an impression than I thought. I gave away my Schwinn Airdyne stationary bike.
    Old 08-30-2011, 12:05 PM

cindy-- thanks, i did!

irish-- what is the program you use? i'm not too limber because of my back, but i need to try something!

man, i need to win! i have almost no stash! i will kick it into gear NOW!
    Old 08-30-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by purplemem
    Good Morning, all.

Tomorrow is our WEIGH-IN. IF YOU HAVE LOST MORE THAN 4 POUNDS, PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH THE WEIGHT LOST IN THE SUBJECT LINE. I must receive your email before 8:00 CST on September 1, to be eligible for the prize.

To sign up for September, go to this thread!
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-148983-1.htm#4081511

Good luck everyone! I know we will do WELL!
    Oh how sad,just 4 pounds and I couldn't even do that,when just 3 mo ago I was losing about a pound every other day and had to stop at 10 pounds.Well,mine stopped alright.Guess that will teach me that if I'm losing to keep going! And that goes for you too Karen,you was losing right along with me.Well,we're all going to have to pick ourselves up,and dust ourselves off,and get going again.I hate starting over,It's a bitch.Once I'm in the groove,I'm ok.So hopefully the weather will co-operate and START easing up a bit.I'm so sick of the heat.I shutter at out utility bill this month.I already know it's going to be over $300.OUCH!Oh well,like hubby says,we don't care what it costs.we're going to be comfortable.I knew a couple once who lived in a motor home and would not run the AC down here,and had heat rashes etc and sweated.They were old too.Well,when they died,they found over $11,000 in CASH in their motor home.How sad they were so cheap and suffered for nothing!Anyway,good luck ladies.I know this month,we'll set records hopefully!
    Old 08-30-2011, 02:38 PM

Well,O L D is way up in her 80's,but she don't act or look like it.She's always doing something.
    Originally Posted by irishrose
    Heck,my neighbor is below me now,and she started out at 200 pounds plus 3 months ago.And she's O L D,so you can do it too.No excuses. (Quote from Xylie)

Xylie, that's all the encouragement I need! How old is O L D? I am getting very discouraged, but I will not give up. My car is in for oil and lube, but when I get it back, I am going to hit the thrift stores looking for a juicer. I have my daughter's car, but it has some strange noises and I can't afford to repair that Northstar motor, so I'm not going anywhere with it.

I am going to load her car up with beading magazines. They are too expensive to throw away, but I've lost interest. She does beautiful work.

My calories are good, my exercise is all I can do, water - pretty good. What next??

I'm sitting here in a pair of jeans that are too tight. I think I'll go change and see if that helps my mood. I left them on because spandex ones are sometimes like that out of the dryer, but these aren't getting any looser.

Time to stop whining and get busy.
    Old 08-30-2011, 05:11 PM

nancia, http://www.sitandbefit.org/we_air

Don't laugh until you've tried it if you are 1) old or 2)mobility compromised. I only wish it were longer. Two segments back to back would be better. There's a list of locations that air it on this site. Mine comes on PBS out of Mt Pleasant, MI

18 years ago, I could back to back military type programs. Those days are long since past.

I went to dinner at Ruby Tuesday. I had tilapia with mango salsa, mashed cauliflower and broccoli. When we left the restaurant, we had to pass Culver's custard shop. My daughter was willing to stop if I wanted, but I resisted. It doesn't make sense to not have a baked potato with butter and sour cream, then eat ice cream. It will still be there when these inches are off my waist.

No car. Either a thermostat wasn't available or my mechanic didn't have time to put one in. Not a problem as long as he puts the car inside overnight.

I walked the dogs once today - Moira found a chicken bone, so I had to retrieve it. My dogs aren't allowed cooked bones. Off to go again. Lily likes night walks. Fewer people to bother her. Moira likes day - more to see for Little Nosy.
    Old 08-31-2011, 02:53 AM

Good morning to all.....

GRRRRR...this new laptop. Don't know what I hit, but had this just about ready to send and then it just all went away.

But anyway, hope all of you have had a wonderful month. This challenge is just what I needed. The accountability....Just checking in each morning and telling everyone how I did made me want to do good. And a great big thank you to those who gave all the words of encouragement :thumbup:

I have already signed up for the challenge for next month and I am looking forward to it. In one of the "EARLY" post on this thread someone mentioned getting a notebook and putting it next to their PC. I think i am going to do that for next month. I am so TERRRRIIIIIBBBBLLLLE with names, maybe if I write down a name as I read each post, I can remember it. So my challenge to myself next month, along with getting under 200 lbs, will be to try and remember each of your names that post often.

It's good that we set small goals and challenges for ourselves. It doesn't always have to be about weight loss. Sometimes we are so focused on that weight loss that we can get side tracked in life.

Ya'll have a wonderful, blessed day.
    Old 08-31-2011, 06:17 AM
    mim

I'm so glad I signed up for this. You all have been so supportive of me and each other. For once, I really lost. Usually it has been a gain each month. And the same has been true for Ed my DH

Thank you to everyone -- and keep up all the hard, but rewarding, work

Mim
    Old 08-31-2011, 09:25 AM

Who ever the winner is, I'll send both this winner and last month's also. I know, it's been in my purse. I keep saying i'm going to the post office and never make it there.

They used to have a scale just on the inside that you could weigh your package and put the postage needed but they've taken it away.
    Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
    Who ever the winner is, I'll send both this winner and last month's also. I know, it's been in my purse. I keep saying i'm going to the post office and never make it there.

They used to have a scale just on the inside that you could weigh your package and put the postage needed but they've taken it away.
    Ummm......we won't even talk about how behind I am mailing FQ's out. I just went back through all of my messages and got everyones addys AGAIN and made a list of who I need to send to......OH LOOK! Charity Crafter you are on that list as well as Missy and Quiltin Chris! I hate when I get so unorganized and behind! :evil: I just hope you guys will all forgive me. I am so sorry. I have the FQs bought, just too rattle brained to mail them! I am going to wait untill the Aug winner is announced and then they all are going out by Friday. :oops:
    Old 08-31-2011, 01:51 PM

Hi all Been a really hard month I only lost one I say again One pound this month. I had been down as much as 5 pounds but with it being to hot to go out and walk it come back on me. Don't you just hate when that happens. So I'll be back again in Sept for it worth.
    I think s I get closer to my goal it gets harder to lose. I seem to need to eat less just to maintain my weight. This next month I'll have to change the workout or something to confuse my body.
    I'm off to the Sept thread to sign up for next month
    Gail