Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • B/F 16 yrs got new job but now I am concerned >
  • B/F 16 yrs got new job but now I am concerned

• B/F 16 yrs got new job but now I am concerned

Old 08-31-2010, 06:54 PM
    Power Poster

How scary! I hope everything turns out okay, please keep us posted!
    Old 08-31-2010, 07:33 PM

Hope that your boyfriend gets out of this without harm, and that the "wayward" driver gets handled by the police.
    Old 08-31-2010, 08:03 PM

I feel safer with the impaired driver off the road. My roommate is an owner/op.
    Old 08-31-2010, 08:55 PM

I am releived to say the b/f is safe and the driver lost his job. The truck was repoed thru a tow service hired by the company after the driver was allowed to claim his personal belonging. My b/f is on way to fla. along with the driver who was assigned to recover the loaded trailor, both loads go to same receiver so they will run together. The company is aware there is missing cargo, but they will deal with that. I am just ecstatic it is over with out any innocent bystanders getting hurt, co. employee others. An employee from the truckstop has decided to take this guy under their wing, so they become responsible for his future actions. Wish her luck, she'll need it.The driver will never drive again for anyone as he refused to drug test. And the load being past due with the driver refusing to answer both his phone or the qualcomm computor in his truck since last Friday. I am happy my man is safe , I am also sorry this youngman decided to throw his life away to spend it chasing around looking and doing drugs and in the company of truckstop prostitutes. Who I really feel sorry for now is his family, his wife and children if he has any!The drug test refusal will follow him to all future jobs, and he will lose is license! Driving will never be an option for him again with the new laws ! Unemployment not even possible !
    Old 08-31-2010, 09:11 PM

Oh and forgot to mention tho the police could not touch him on the truckstop property due to private property laws, obviously some from the truckstop had to have made that clear, its our property!! Once he leaves it he is fairgame and so is anyone who chooses to keep company with him. They have been watching and waiting for him to step foot off that property and you know they have their spies watching too. So the law will get him in the end . I have seen drivers and hookers in truckstops who turned out to be undercover cops. For a fact I know Houston area police probably have more then most .
    Old 08-31-2010, 09:26 PM

I am going to try and relax now and lay down.But most of all I want to thank each and everyone for your prayers! I truly beleive this helped us both, but most of all him and the others. I will also ask tonite that this driver turns his life around, hopefully long before he finds himself totally alone some where screaming out for GOD'S mercy!Usually by then it's too late!
    Old 09-01-2010, 08:25 AM
    Power Poster

If the company filed charges the police would go arrest the driver, private property will not stop police from arresting anyone.
    Old 09-01-2010, 11:15 AM

Tho you would think it would be that simple it is not! I drove for 14 years and was involved in recovering trucks from other drivers in much of the same circumstances. If the driver is not causing damage of or has enough sense to display any danger aggressive behavior and the truckstop is unwilling to give permission, the police leave it to the company to recover their property thru other means. Say he had not blocked the truck to keep it from moving. My b/f and co. knew the driver was impaired. They let him drive onto public roads. There is an accident,and someone dies. At this time now the public screams why didn't the company and the driver who found the truck prevent the driver from driving away. I beleive everyone will agrree the victims family now has every right to sue the company and everyone involved. It's a catch 22. 9 times out of 10 whether the company wants to press charges or not it is the local police dept and their superiors who actually call the shots as to whether they feel in this instance they can make the charges stick.This is not a once in a while occurance, this unfortunately happens more then happenstance. I do get angry when people say truckdrivers are this and that. Actually we are normal family people who try to obey the laws and are aware of the laws more then the average public, because we have more to follow. We are the first to get impaired drivers of the road! Many police depts will get on the CB and ask the truckers to box in vehicles they are pursuing on the Highways and Interstates so they can apprehend a vehicle that has already caused accidents and damage and death.I do not blame the police, I can see where tthey come from, and however I also see the other side of the coin where the truckdriver also is placed in a situation that he may not walk away from. Yes those trucks are big, but after driving like I said 14yrs I also know the trucks biggest weaknesses and and hit in the right area chances are the driver will never be able to control it or walk away from it. And God help the rest who are around and to close who can not keep from getting tangled up in the aftermath.
    Old 09-01-2010, 11:30 AM

The police who did show up stated, and I quote that the driver was breaking no laws currently and it was a matter for the trucking company to deal with. Aware of the circumstances they said he should continue to block the truck in while the company sought other means of to to recover thewir truck and loa. If the driver tried to move the truck by trying to ram the blocking truck or became physical and dangerous in pursuit of trying to escape with the truck, then call them and they could then go after and arrest the driver.As for the present the company was in their legal right and doing all that they could do until the situation changed. I have heard this before more then once. I am proud of my b/f howver like I said thank GOD it did not escalate, I am proud he kept the things from possibly becoming a tragic situation.
    Old 09-01-2010, 11:38 AM

Prayers for a good outcome here, not only for your partner, but for the young man who obviously needs help.

My former husband was a longhaul trucker, and had a similar situation with his co-driver. He ended up tossing the guy's stuff out on the sidewalk and leaving him standing there with a hooker and a bag of dope.

Some people just don't get it.