Barefootin'

Old 06-11-2011, 06:41 AM

I think the reason stores have the no shoes no service policy is insurance liability reasons. If you stepped on something and got hurt, they'd be sued. Not sure why about the shirts.
I'm usually barefoot in the house but not outside because we have fire ants and other nasty things here that like to sting, stick, stab and otherwise hurt bare feet.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:51 AM

I grew up on a farm and we were not allowed to go barefoot. You never knew what was in the grass or farm yard.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:35 AM

I have always hated shoes..Wear only when I have too and that is when I go somewhere. Here at home I wear nada on my feet..when I was a child growing up in Palm Beach Co.FL. on the banks of Lake Okeechobee never wore shoes unless I was made to.. :D I would go outside now without shoes but we live in a Pecan Grove and believe me you will wear something on the bottom of your feet..Pecan shells HURT :!:
So I have several pairs of flipflops for outside..slip on moccasions( spelling :x )in case I need to go uptown they are handy. Do my feet get dirty YEP! do I let them stay that way? NOPE!! When I go out and back in I always wipe them off,they just get dusty..If I am working outside I use and old pair of Reboks. I do have plenty of dress shoes, boots ETC. I used to be a Paraprofessional but I have happy feet when the are Bare ;-) :lol: :lol: Bill'sBonBon
Old 06-11-2011, 02:28 PM

I go barefoot in the house all the time. Wear socks in the winter. Sew that way, too. I put shoes on to go outdoors. It is semi-arid here and the ground is to hot for me to walk on barefoot.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:19 PM

i can pick things up with my toes lol

I can do the same but walking barefoot now is a problem. Slippers or tennis shoes are a must now. Feet problems over the last few years, but can remember as a child running over clam and oyster shells bare footed.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by maryb119
I grew up on a farm and we were not allowed to go barefoot. You never knew what was in the grass or farm yard.
Farm girl here too, mom kept a wash pan and towel at the back door. That of course was back in the day when you did not "run in and out" lol We stayed out all day and drank from the hose. Mom made us "picnics" and we ate outside. Ahhhh those were the days.These barefeet have smashed lots of chicken,horse,cow .......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 06-14-2011, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by raedar63
Farm girl here too, mom kept a wash pan and towel at the back door. That of course was back in the day when you did not "run in and out" lol We stayed out all day and drank from the hose. Mom made us "picnics" and we ate outside. Ahhhh those were the days.These barefeet have smashed lots of chicken,horse,cow .......... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I lived with my dear g'parents every summer for about 6 weeks, & loved every minute. We worked on the little log cabin, swimming, fishing, & barefoot most of the time. My G'ma would always come out with the old tea kettle with warm water to wash the sand off our feet before we could come inside for dinner. My friends never forgot that & were so surprised that she would wash their feet. She was very clean, but never spoke a negative word about the dirt or mess.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by cabinfever
Originally Posted by raedar63
I lived with my dear g'parents every summer for about 6 weeks, & loved every minute. We worked on the little log cabin, swimming, fishing, & barefoot most of the time. My G'ma would always come out with the old tea kettle with warm water to wash the sand off our feet before we could come inside for dinner. My friends never forgot that & were so surprised that she would wash their feet. She was very clean, but never spoke a negative word about the dirt or mess.
aren't they the best memories, this was just a part of everyday life like brushing your teeth. Being out side was healthy and kids would have never stayed in all day back then.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by kateyb
I go barefoot in the house all the time. Wear socks in the winter. Sew that way, too. I put shoes on to go outdoors. It is semi-arid here and the ground is to hot for me to walk on barefoot.
Bet you would like some thin soft sole moccassins for protection. I wear them all the time to walk the dogs,just very thin leather ones I make myself. they last forever, provide traction and protection on hot and cool surfaces.