Barefootin'

Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 PM

So I looked it up just now and driving barefoot is not illegal in any of the states in the US. It is discouraged in a few states but not illegal. So now he can't tell me I can't drive barefoot! LOL
--------------------------------------
It ISN'T?? I've always thought it was, and can't remember who
told me that. Just goes to show that it is another "urban legend".
----------
I just did the same, checked it on the Internet. It said that it was as illegal as ripping off the label on a mattress.

And as legal as a captain marrying someone on the high seas.
That's another one I'd always believed true, so if you were married on the high seas, then you'd better rush down to the court house...Exceptions: Japanese captains may marry couples with Japanese passports.

And the captains of the Golden Princess, Star Princess and Grand Princess also have the proper authority because their ships are registered in Bermuda and they have Bermuda licenses. And maybe a few other captains who have received
their licensees through the mail and may, or may not be able
to marry anyone legally.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:48 PM

According to my late uncle you are discouraged from driving barefooted for braking purposes. When wearing shoes you are able to apply more force.

I grew up going barefoot most of the time. So much that my toes spread out and I have a hard time fitting shoes. The majority of my shoes are either open toe or tennis shoes.

My husband still can't understand how I can walk across things without my shoes.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:49 PM

I am the exact opposite (and so is my oldest son) as I cannot stand to have bare feet. I wear flip-flops or slippers around the house. I step out of the shower right into them. I wear fuzzy socks if it's cold.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:12 PM
Cyn

I go barefoot all the time. Even take off any shoe to drive :)
Old 05-31-2011, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

well i go barefoot in my house but have been known to take off my shoes and drive barefoot. i think they used to have rigid laws about driving. women were told never to wear high heels but to keep a pair of flat shoes in the car for driving. just like men couldn't drive without a shirt on!
Old 05-31-2011, 05:27 PM

shoes- those things I must wear when others are around?

Hubby says the bottoms of my feet are 20 lb. grit sandpaper. I do not wear shoes if I can help it. I walk across our gravel drive with no shoes, easily.

But- I hate my toes getting wet. I wear garden clogs in the morning to take the dogs out, I don't like the dew between my toes.

I do take care of my feet (the only part I really like on me) and paint my toes all summer. I have chrome on now, to match the chrome on my car for cruise season. :)
Old 05-31-2011, 05:43 PM

My feet absolutely Hate shoes and socks. I grew up in Michigan and was called a hillbilly because of my barefeet. I wear sandals most of the time when I go outdoors. I even wear sandals when I leave the house in the cold of winter. As soon as I put shoes or socks on, my feet start to get hot and swell. I think they are trying to get even with me or at least get me to take the shoes off. lol I always do as soon as I can. So go safely on through this world in your barefeet. I'm with you, just somewhere else. :)
Old 05-31-2011, 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cherylsea
When I was young (giggle) the day school was out was the day we kicked off our shoes. We were barefoot all summer and developed "summer feet" - basically impervious to anything we encountered. Now I mostly wear socks and Crocs - can't stand dirt and dust on my feet. I have become a wimp!
I had a good laugh at your comment. My DH grew up on his Dad's farms and as soon as school was out for the summer he, his brother and sisters took off their shoes and didn't put them back on until the day they went shopping for new shoes for school in the fall. He injured his ankles a lot during some of their escapades because of the lack of support for his ankles. That never deterred him though. He was proud of his "summer feet." :)
Old 05-31-2011, 05:52 PM

I hate shoes,always went barefoot when I was growing up,stepped on nails,bees and alot of other things,broke toes and dislocated toes.My city cousins always made fun of me but I didn;t care.I still hate shoes and go barefoot alot,but apparently have arthuris[sp]and my feet hurt after alittle while,so I have to put on my joggers
Old 05-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Power Poster

My mom used to get so disgusted with me because going without your shoes for long periods of time is supposed to make your feet wider. I don't know if this is true but I do have wide feet! LOL I always have to look for the wide on shoes when I buy shoes.