Barefootin'

Old 05-31-2011, 05:59 PM

I grew up in LA and still wore shoes as little as possible. When my kids were little, if they saw me put on shoes (even just flip flops) they would get exited and yell "Where are we going???"
:)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:04 PM

Just got in from the garden, thoroughly enjoyed the dirt between my toes ;)

Barefoot girl here!I only wear shoes when I am forced lol.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Banned

Barefoot for me as much as possible! Grew up barefoot, walked everywhere barefoot - woods, road to the lake, inside and outside. My feet were so callused the heat nor rocks hurt me.
I do wear shoes in my quilt studio/shop now though with the non carpeted floors.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Monika
I grew up in LA and still wore shoes as little as possible. When my kids were little, if they saw me put on shoes (even just flip flops) they would get exited and yell "Where are we going???"
:)
Yep same thing here, shoes and bra lolololol.
Now the dogs get excited just like the kids used to when they see me put on shoes cause they know they are going on a long walk :)
Old 05-31-2011, 06:30 PM
Power Poster

As a kid I was barefoot all the time too. I even had to drive back home to get my shoes one day when in high school because I thought I had a pair in my car, NOPE!

Now as I am much older, I only go barefoot at the beach and on carpet. I can't stand to get my feet dirty. Go figure :lol:
Old 05-31-2011, 06:35 PM

love this one i love to go barefoot dh and boys love to pick on me because i can pick things up with my toes lol
Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 PM

I am a barefoot person too :thumbup:
Old 05-31-2011, 07:19 PM

Oh, I can remember the feel of soft, heavy dry dust that bubbles up between my toes as I walked through the forest up the hill. Grandma and I were taking a screaming baby pig to someone who had just got their daughter married off. "Just in time, too" she said but would never explain!!! That noisy little pig kept wriggling in that old gunny sack and I could barely hold on to it.
I can remember the smells of damp earth and from somewhere the twisting breezes brought us odors of brewing coffee and something that had cinnamon in it. That made us hurry more because we knew we'd get something nice to eat. But that pig never shut up all the time till we dropped it in a pen, and it got something to eat for itself.
I was like the others, barefoot all summer, bug bites, bumps, bruises and all, it was shoe free time till we were sentenced again to school.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Power Poster

What a fun topic. I am barefoot as much as life allows, and then some. I frequently drive barefoot. Have even been known to shop in store w/ "no shirt, no shoes, no service" barefoot w/o being asked to leave-don't think they actually party attention
Old 05-31-2011, 07:36 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by alikat110
What a fun topic. I am barefoot as much as life allows, and then some. I frequently drive barefoot. Have even been known to shop in store w/ "no shirt, no shoes, no service" barefoot w/o being asked to leave-don't think they actually party attention
it's funny you should mention the no shirt no shoes thing. I was checking out the driving barefoot and came across a paragragh on this. It said that the businesses claim that the health board doesn't allow people to go barefoot in stores. some business like Hardy's? not sure which one claimed this was unsanitary and not allowed by the health board. This is untrue and there is no law forbidding it. but it said businesses do have the right to refuse service on any grounds they want to. So those who post this sign can refuse to serve on this basis.

I always thought it was a law too.