Barefootin'

Old 06-01-2011, 04:06 AM

Barefoot - the ONLY way to go!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:06 AM
Power Poster

I kick my shoes off as often as possible. I sew barefooted and even take off my shoes in classes because I just can't sew with them on! I do drive without them too if I'm going very far. A note of caution though...if you take them off, remove them from the brake/gas area as they can get pushed up under the pedal and you won't be able to stop...I saw a wreck caused by that once.. Yikes!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:16 AM

Barefoot whenever possible, including driving and winter!
Old 06-01-2011, 05:18 AM

I am a barefoot gal from Kentucky.. I take my shoes off every chance I get. I also have foot pain and tingling/burning sensation on the bottom of my feet. Dr is not sure of the cause. I am type two diabetic, fairly newly diagnosed and am borderline. I don't think that is the cause but he thinks it "might" be the cause. Take your shoes off every chance you get. I love the freedom of no shoes.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:43 AM

I do believe that if God would have intended us to wear shoes, we would have been born with them on. I wear shoes only when I am going out somewhere they are required. You know the sign 'Shoes & shirt required'. Why don't the sign also say pants? Just a thought.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:10 AM

Growing up on a farm in Central Texas, I only wore shoes to church and school, and that was because they made me! And I went everywhere, from the fields to the chicken house. You never knew what you might find between my toes. The soles of my feet were so callused that I once stitched embroidery thread through the dead skin. Why? I have no idea. My mother had a fit, going on about how I was going to get blood poisoning! Recently my dad made a comment about me going barefoot all the time and said he remembered when I was little and it would be really cold outside, I'd be playing outside, all bundled up in a heavy coat...and barefoot!

I guess one of my most memorable barefoot experiences was when we went to the locker plant to pick up meat. We'd have a calf butchered and the meat would be stored in a huge freezer room until we came to get it. I went there with my mother to pick up a load of meat one day and went into the freezer with her. While standing watching her load the meat onto a cart, my feet froze to the floor! It only took a few minutes to get loose and it didn't hurt me at all.

Today I go barefoot as much as possible. I even have to sleep with my feet outside the covers, even in freezing temperatures. It's like my feet are my thermostat and help to keep me cool. I don't go barefoot in public though. I've seen way too many people spitting on sidewalks!
Old 06-01-2011, 06:14 AM

I was told this also. Illegal to drive barefoot. Why? because foot might not feel the pedal. Now it sounds weird. I go barefoot in my car if I am wearing sandles. Love to walk around with no shoes as feet feel better...not as much cramping.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 AM

First thing on im morning and last thing off at night are my shoes. I stepped on a sewing needle when I was 15 and was on crutches for 3 months and have worn shoes all the time since. The bottoms of my feet are so smooth and tender LOL I guess I am what you call a real tenderfoot. My grandchildren are fascinated that I waer shoes all the time, they even asked if I wore them to bed. Take care.
Linda
Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 AM

I am always without shoes. I too have a problem with my feet feeling hot and numb toes due to nueropothy and diabetes but, we were raiseed barefoot and it is hard for me to remember shoes when going outside.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:03 AM

Location: Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California

Barefoot...as much as possible....

Driving barefoot was discouraged back when foot pedals didn't have rubber covers...first, because the metal plates got really hot and when you'd move your foot from the gas to the brake you'd burn the bottom of your foot. Same for the clutch. Which would, of course, cause you to immediately pull your foot off the brake or clutch causing accidents.