Barefootin'

Old 06-01-2011, 07:40 AM

I do go barefoot in my house. I have Neurophy in my feet and have same symptoms as you do. Feet burn and toes are numb and red up to above my ankles. Dr prescribed a little green pill for me to take at night. it is Ametripolin(probably mispelled) and it does help. I have to keep my feet propped up most of day to keep swelling down.
Dont worry about being a hillb illy as I dont mind being called a Cajun.lol
Old 06-01-2011, 07:45 AM

I drive barefoot when I have flipflops or heels because the heel of the flipflop or high heel sometimes gets stuck on the floor mat and I can't move my feet as quick.

I can't stand to go barefoot outside though or around the house. I'm always wearing slippers or flipflops.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:59 AM

Love cajun.... daughter in law comes from cajun stock... her momma~
Old 06-01-2011, 08:04 AM

I never wear shoes unless I have to. Just hate them. The Barefoot Contessa is what my Mom called me. My DH just tells me I have ugly toes.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:07 AM

I love looking at all the awesome styles of shoes out there and love shoe shopping with my daughters (for them) but I am a barefooter as well! I only wear shoes when I absolutely have to. I bought a knock out pair of heels for my daughters wedding and I'll bet they were on my feet for about 40 minutes max. I gave them away the next day.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:13 AM

I usually wear my slippers in the house, but right now I have to wear my tennis shoes as I broke a bone in my foot. It has been broken since Jan and didn't get in to see the foot dr until May. It took him about 2 seconds to tell me that I had broken it. I have a dancers pad in the shoe which protects the break, it can take up to six months to heal.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by ShowMama
Today I go barefoot as much as possible. I even have to sleep with my feet outside the covers, even in freezing temperatures. It's like my feet are my thermostat and help to keep me cool. I don't go barefoot in public though. I've seen way too many people spitting on sidewalks!
Yeah I do that too. My feet have to breathe! I have to be pretty cold to have them both under the covers. I have to have at least one of them out! I can't stand socks and I do not ever wear socks unless my concrete floor is too bitterly cold in the dead of winter. If I am wearing socks you know it has to be COLD!! LOL I do use slippers in the winter but I don't usually put more than my toes in them or I set my foot on top of them to keep my feet off the cold concrete. If I actually wear the slippers to get up and go get something when I am sewing I usually have the back bent down and my heal is on top of it not in it. It may be psychological as I am claustrophobic but I have a hard time keeping my shoes on. In the car I always kick off the left shoe when I drive. And I do make sure the shoe is off to the side or under my seat to keep it out of the way. A lot of the time my left foot is on the shoe so I know where it is.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:29 AM

I absolutely hate to go barefoot! Must wear my sneakers!

Many of you remember wearing 'US KEDS' all summer as a kid, right? That was me! I hated sandals because they never fit me right - my feet are VERY narrow - most shoes don't fit right.

Seriously, an inherited peripheral neuropathy called Charcot Marie Toothe runs in my family, so we discourage bare-footin' for our kids and grandkids. It's just a very bad idea for anyone with a peripheral neuropathy.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:31 AM

I'm always kicking my shoes off, even here at work. I just don't like that confined feeling. I take a lot of ribbing for it, but it's all good natured. I also can't sleep with them covered up. Coming up, shoes were preserved, like for church and school and the like. They last longer when you don't wear them! lol
Old 06-01-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Nanjun
I do go barefoot in my house. I have Neurophy in my feet and have same symptoms as you do. Feet burn and toes are numb and red up to above my ankles. Dr prescribed a little green pill for me to take at night. it is Ametripolin(probably mispelled) and it does help. I have to keep my feet propped up most of day to keep swelling down.
Dont worry about being a hillb illy as I dont mind being called a Cajun.lol
The medicine is called amytriptoline, also known as elavil. I use it for my fibromyalgia - a very inexpensive drug but what a difference it made in my life.