Barefootin'

Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 AM

If it makes you feel good do it I go all day when I'am home with just socks on .
Old 06-01-2011, 09:50 AM

Barefoot gal here as the bottoms of my feet get so hot when I wear shoes. I have advanced arthritis in my left knee and seem to be able to walk much better barefooted so the minute I get inside off come my shoes. I hardly ever wear socks and it's sandals most of the year for outside wear and closed shoes or boots when its freezing out. I sew barefooted but haven't tried driving that way yet. If DH is driving I usually take my shoes off in the car, downside is that it takes so long to get them back on when I need to get out of the car. If we're in our driveway I barefoot it inside.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:58 AM

Footwear for me at most all times. I do take them off for bed, but other than that it is Crocs, shoes or my Wicked Good slippers. Can't bear going barefoot.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:44 AM

I must have the world's most tender tootsies! I can barely stand to walk to the mailbox barefoot, on some leaves and the driveway. In the house I'm always shoeless, but I wear at least flipflops outside.....
Old 06-01-2011, 11:55 AM

The only time I wear shoes is when I leave the house, mostly because the world at large gets real picky about bare feet. At home I wear crocs, nothing but crocs (well, knock offs anyway). I have a foot that is a triple 'E' and one that is a 'C' width. I hate shoes. I always have. To me shoes are torture. All shoes.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:02 PM

I just love that picture of the laughing baby!! Sheer joy!

I don't like to go barefoot, never did although we used to in the summer time while picking cotton, stringing tobacco and shaking peanuts. So glad we don't farm anymore.

delma
Old 06-01-2011, 12:46 PM

My shoes come off the minute I come in the door! I grew up going barefoot in the summer time. I remember walking down the dirt road in front of our house that led to my cousin's house about a quarter mile down the road. My sister and I would run from shady spot to shady spot because the sandy road would be so hot it would almost blister our feet. I also remember the wonderful feel of the freshly plowed ground in our garden. I no longer go outside barefoot because my feet are too tender.
Old 06-01-2011, 01:22 PM

Amen to that! My foot dr told me I dont have any fat on bottom of my feet. Have plenty elsewhere!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:33 PM

I'm always barefoot - if I can get away with it. I was raised in Kentucky and my sisters and I were always barefoot. I have better balance that way. I will drive barefoot also. Shoes are for shopping in (because they won't let you in without them).
Old 06-01-2011, 03:00 PM

First thing I do when I hit my front door is take off my shoes. Did without wearing shoes since a kid that might be because we couldn't afford them