Barefootin'

Old 06-01-2011, 03:53 PM

I love going barefoot. I hate shoes. The first thing that comes off when I get home from work is my shoes, before my coat. that is if i haven't taken them off in the car. It drives my husband nuts that I walk around the house all winter barefoot. I even f=go out in the snow barefoot to get the newspaper.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by bodie358
I am the exact opposite (and so is my oldest son) as I cannot stand to have bare feet. I wear flip-flops or slippers around the house. I step out of the shower right into them. I wear fuzzy socks if it's cold.

I simply can't go barefoot anywhere, inside or out. Must have something on the bottom feet, but a little more than socks. Think a lot of this may be due to the fact I was not allowed to go barefoot as a child. Never figured out why. Mom did most of the time in the summer and so did my brother, but sis and I weren't allowed. Oh, well, it was probably for good reason.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 PM

My DH use to tell me the same lame thing Once the ground has thawed and dried out I'm bare foot I've been denied entry to a few places thru the years because I forgot to put shoes on before getting out of the car. For me shoes- bra's and bathing suits are the most uncomfortable things in the world- I even hate slippers
Old 06-01-2011, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by erstan947
I get a splinter every time I go barefoot. I'm the original tenderfoot!:) It's shoes for me inside and out:)
I am also a tenderfoot. The neighborhood kids all went barefoot, but I always wore shoes. I think that because I wear arch supports to be comfy in sports shoes, it kills my feet to go without.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:07 PM

I am a tender foot and never go bare foot unless I am in bed or in the shower. Have to have something on my feet at all times, socks, slippers or flip flops even in the house on carpet.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:33 PM

Rhonda...my brother has been suffering from "hot feet" for several months. He's had to stop working, he is up most of the night soaking his feet in cold water, he is just miserable. He's been on several different medications...nothing works! I feel so bad for those who suffer from this.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:33 PM

I HATE wearing shoes!!! As soon as I get home from work they are put away!!! When I was a child, my brother and I would spend the summer with my grandma and grandpa in southwestern Virginia. They had a gravel road above their house. Well, by the end of the summer I could run barefoot on that gravel road!!! :D My DH2B is always teasing me about not wearing shoes! I don't care one bit!! I'm a southern-born gal, and I love goin' barefoot!!! :thumbup:
Old 06-01-2011, 06:39 PM

I do go barefoot often in the house during the warmer months but in the winter I like cozy socks and slippers. Barefoot was the norm in childhood.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by sherriequilts
I don't go barefoot outside anymore, but inside for sure. And I wear sandals all the time, even in snow! I ruined my toes years and years ago by wearing shoes toooooo short and haven't been able to wear real shoes since! I am in Physical Therapy because I had both knees replaced and do everything there barefoot. Fortunately they are ok with it!
So you go, girl. and Happy Quilting.
PS I ddrive barefoot too!
I barefooted my therapy following my knee replacement also. They laughed the first time. The only time I wore shoes was on the treadmill.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:09 AM

Sorry to hear about your feet.
But good for you putting all hubbies in there place with doing the research.
I go barefoot all the time, sew barefoot and often go outside without my shoes.
DH thinks this is awful.
My feet mylife...