Barefootin'

Old 06-05-2011, 07:24 PM

I am a barefoot gal, I do not like shoes. In the summer you will always find me without shoes. :thumbup:
Old 06-05-2011, 07:43 PM

I would go barefoot if it were possible, but I have plantar faciatis (sp?) and have to wear either shoes with orthotics (sp again?) or my Birkenstocks. Usually, it's my Birkies - I have 4 pairs of sandals, and when we went to Ohio this past Christmas, I got a pair of Birkie shoes. I also have two pairs of Birkie clogs. They are the only shoes I can wear without having major issues with my heels! I even walked all over Paris with my Birkie shoes and had no issues whatsoever.
Old 06-05-2011, 08:15 PM

I'm on an anti-estrogen pill and my feet get hot. I've liked barefooting since childhood and my father before me. During WW 2, he served some time in New Guinea. On arrival the soldiers were warned about the horrible dangers of the tropical jungle and urged to stay in open areas. As soon as he had spare time he stripped to shorts and bare feet and right into the jungle he went. He survived to eventually join the occupation forces in Japan and come home. My mother was humiliated by our barefoot habits and my husband has a politically incorrect name for me when he sees my bare tootsies. (I also pick up items with my toes to save bending--but not as much as I used to.)

BTW we have a bare foot school bus driver. Go Mountaineers!
Old 06-06-2011, 09:34 AM

I don't go barefoot in the snow though in the spring, I am known to walk on the ground between the snow piles. I also can not sew with shoes on. When I bought my machine, I had to take my shoe off to test-drive it! I can walk on almost anything, including gravel, the woods, etc. I hate shoes, which is probably the biggest reason I hate winter!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:21 PM
Kas

Well, my dad's leather shoes are the only thing that kept his foot from being mangled when his car was creamed by a semi! In fact, it was a miracle that he survived that. I used to only wear shoes that covered my whole foot while driving, but as the years have passed, I only have a twinge of fear for the skin of my feet and then I am good to go barefoot!
Old 06-06-2011, 12:29 PM

lol Glad I'm not the only one who drives barefoot. Figured if it was ilegal it was still safter than trying to drive in my flip flops.
Old 06-06-2011, 02:01 PM

I LOVE going barefoot! I spent most of my childhood with out shoes on whenever possible. Now I have spent most of my adulthood barefoot whenever possible. I have even been known to bartend barefoot!

A favorite of mine is gardening barefoot! The earth between my toes..I love it. Needless to say I rarely wear out a pair of shoes unless the glue gets so old it dries up entirely. lol
Old 06-06-2011, 02:16 PM

I am barefoot whenever possible...which is most of the time. I do wear sandals out usually (quick snap & loose fitting leather), even in the rain, but not snow. I like my UGG boots for that.
I was always a barefoot kid too, & had those toughened feet for running over river-rock & climbing on things.
During my working years though, I had to wear steel-toes boots & developed heel spurs from them (probably the 12 hour+ days standing on concrete floors). Once I became a stay-at-home-mom, I went back to mostly barefoot & loved it. I do have the frequent stubbed toes or smashed toenails; but I just can't see that well anymore. My feet also get that hot-sole feeling too. I avoid all socks.

My mother was brought up to take her shoes off at the door, as was I. It's probably a throw-back to the farm where you wouldn't have wanted the manure walking around your house, from the barn. Everyone in my family does this, but not my husband...he is a "shoes on, unless he's sleeping" guy.
Old 06-08-2011, 03:17 PM

Last fall my aunt related an experience of having visited an Amish schoolhouse during a tour they were on, and the teacher wasn't much older than her students...and she was barefoot! My aunt asked her why she was barefoot, and her answer was "Because I don't like shoes!" My aunt could relate...:)
Old 06-08-2011, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by jojo47
Last fall my aunt related an experience of having visited an Amish schoolhouse during a tour they were on, and the teacher wasn't much older than her students...and she was barefoot! My aunt asked her why she was barefoot, and her answer was "Because I don't like shoes!" My aunt could relate...:)
That's great! :thumbup: