this is the before pic

Old 12-04-2010, 10:48 PM

I was in Texas to visit my brother a couple of times. Once in April, it rained so hard it was like a river flowing through the apartment complex. I mean to tell you there was 4 inches of water flowing through that place near White Oak Texas. The second time was in August. Oh my, I nearly died from the humidity and heat. I am sure Texas is fine many months out of the year though, I just missed it with my two visits. LOL
Old 12-05-2010, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by fishnlady
I was in Texas to visit my brother a couple of times. Once in April, it rained so hard it was like a river flowing through the apartment complex. I mean to tell you there was 4 inches of water flowing through that place near White Oak Texas. The second time was in August. Oh my, I nearly died from the humidity and heat. I am sure Texas is fine many months out of the year though, I just missed it with my two visits. LOL
That's true...we can have some pretty awful weather, and our summers are wicked. I think I've lived here too long because I get SO COLD when we visit our daugher in Colorado. The best thing to be would live in Texas in the winter and Colroado or Alaska in the summer. I'd love that!
Old 12-05-2010, 06:15 AM
Banned

Makes me shiver just looking at the photo
Old 12-05-2010, 06:20 AM
Power Poster

We got about4 inches yesterday, son was so excited, snow mobiling, lol!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:30 AM

Thank you for sharing -- I love to see pix of other places -- snow and ice are beautiful in pix, but I wouldn't know how to cope -- we are having winter weather tonight: 32 degrees and have to cover the semitropical plants -- stay warm
Old 12-05-2010, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by IT_Nana
Originally Posted by fishnlady
That's true...we can have some pretty awful weather, and our summers are wicked. I think I've lived here too long because I get SO COLD when we visit our daugher in Colorado. The best thing to be would live in Texas in the winter and Colroado or Alaska in the summer. I'd love that!

I say such things all the time. I wish I lived in some place warm and sunny in the winter months and Alaska in the summer. Now if I could just get 6 month jobs in each place. LOL
Old 12-06-2010, 08:12 AM

The television series "Northern Exposure" was set in "Alaska", which was actually in the foothills of the Cascades in Washington state.
As wild and rugged as that scenery was, it is smaller and flatter than anything one sees in Alaska ...
DH has been up fishing in Alaska (or was it crabbing, or whatever <g>) and he told me that he hasn't seen anything in the lower 48 that would compare to Alaska (and, yes, we have been over the Continental Divide) ...
I agree with the others - - it takes special people to settle Alaska - - HATS OFF to you very IMPRESSIVE Americans <wave>
Old 12-06-2010, 10:03 AM

Franie, what happened? Did you get buried in the snowstorm? We're still waiting for the after pics....
Old 12-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by franie
Here is what my driveway has looked like for days! Ice skating rink! Now we are having a blizzard. I will post a pic later of how it looks after the blizzard before or after we are plowed out again. This is looking towards a neighbor across our short little lane from in front of my house.
our drive and track looked like that until yesterday ,still slippery.
Old 12-12-2010, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by yetta
your picture looks like a beautiful idea for a quilt, stay warm....
I agree!