Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie >
  • The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

• The Best Little Chin Hair Post on the Prairie

Old 09-07-2011, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by butterflies5518
    OMG! Are we sharing the same household??? Every morning before I step in the shower I check out the chin, refuse to let the BF touch my chin in case he "feels" something and love going after his "professor" eyebrows. He draws the line at his nose hair - now that is really fun!
    LOL I do that to mine.. I hate those andy rooney hairs.:)
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:01 PM

I was born into one of the strangest gene pools ever. There is Indian mixed with English, mixed with all those "outsiders", lol. I have 36 first cousins on my mother's side. My looks were always a little 'suspect' because of my coloring, but when we were headed for a family reunion, I told my husband, he had better brace himself, because he was about to see something unusual. Out of the 37 of us, there are two redheads, and three brunettes. All the rest of the cousins are true blondes, blue eyed, with the blackest eyebrows you ever saw. Just like mine, lol. Heavy black eyebrows, most of them straight across.

Need I say he was shocked, lol. I am very familiar with the joy of waxing, because no one can endure that much plucking. Over the years, the black faded to a more natural brown, thank goodness, and the waxing wore the brow down to two instead of one.

But the interesting thing is that when I went thru chemo, as expected, all my nice long hair fell out. I really hated that. But I still had to go get my eyebrows done. They refused to even give in to chemo, lol.

At least, with the Indian blood, I was spared leg hair.
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:02 PM

Linda loved your original post and love all the commaraderie here. I thought I was one of the few in this world with the problem. I swear by Salley Hansen wax because the cream that comes with it works wonderfully to keep the skin from getting irratated. I do my upper lip as well as my lower lip with the wax. The skin will be red for a while but within an hour or so no one will know what you were up to. Chin hairs come out one by one in front of the magnified mirror.

Thanks again for posting this.................it's been fun.
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:03 PM

Ladies, have any of you ever noticed that many older gents have better skin and fewer wrinkles especially around the mouth? Well, I have, and I think it's because they shave (exfoliate!!) every day.. Now how do I know that? UM humm... Think about it...
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by auniqueview
    I was born into one of the strangest gene pools ever. There is Indian mixed with English, mixed with all those "outsiders", lol. I have 36 first cousins on my mother's side. My looks were always a little 'suspect' because of my coloring, but when we were headed for a family reunion, I told my husband, he had better brace himself, because he was about to see something unusual. Out of the 37 of us, there are two redheads, and three brunettes. All the rest of the cousins are true blondes, blue eyed, with the blackest eyebrows you ever saw. Just like mine, lol. Heavy black eyebrows, most of them straight across.

Need I say he was shocked, lol. I am very familiar with the joy of waxing, because no one can endure that much plucking. Over the years, the black faded to a more natural brown, thank goodness, and the waxing wore the brow down to two instead of one.

But the interesting thing is that when I went thru chemo, as expected, all my nice long hair fell out. I really hated that. But I still had to go get my eyebrows done. They refused to even give in to chemo, lol.

At least, with the Indian blood, I was spared leg hair.

Sorry about the chemo.. I was stubborn adn went another route.. bit glad you are okay.. but I cannot believe those suckers held on.
    Old 09-07-2011, 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Radiana
    Linda loved your original post and love all the commaraderie here. I thought I was one of the few in this world with the problem. I swear by Salley Hansen wax because the cream that comes with it works wonderfully to keep the skin from getting irratated. I do my upper lip as well as my lower lip with the wax. The skin will be red for a while but within an hour or so no one will know what you were up to. Chin hairs come out one by one in front of the magnified mirror.

Thanks again for posting this.................it's been fun.
    I found this place by accident but knew it was home the minute I settled in here.. Will check out the Saly Hansen
    Old 09-07-2011, 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by LindaSeccaspina

Sorry about the chemo.. I was stubborn adn went another route.. bit glad you are okay.. but I cannot believe those suckers held on.
    I have to admit that I almost felt guilty about how easily I went thru the chemo, altho those nasty little shots after the first six treatments were no fun. They don't call them backbreakers for no reason. I actually had two kinds on cancer on my breast, but they had to do the chemo to shrink the tumor that grew on the outside. But I made it thru and not going there again, lol. Once was enough...my lips, etc.

I am convinced nothing will get rid of these eyebrows. Centuries from now, major earthquake, my coffin opens, my skeleton pops out, and they discover these bones....and a skull with perfectly preserved EYEBROWS, lol.
    Old 09-07-2011, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by auniqueview
    Originally Posted by LindaSeccaspina

I have to admit that I almost felt guilty about how easily I went thru the chemo, altho those nasty little shots after the first six treatments were no fun. They don't call them backbreakers for no reason. I actually had two kinds on cancer on my breast, but they had to do the chemo to shrink the tumor that grew on the outside. But I made it thru and not going there again, lol. Once was enough...my lips, etc.

I am convinced nothing will get rid of these eyebrows. Centuries from now, major earthquake, my coffin opens, my skeleton pops out, and they discover these bones....and a skull with perfectly preserved EYEBROWS, lol.

That was so descriptive I swear I could see it all..:)
    Old 09-07-2011, 01:20 PM

So now we have formed "The sisterhood of the chin hair". Funny thing is, no one wants to talk about it in person, but here on the internet, we know things about each other that our spouses don't even know. I do have a story, that scarred me for life. An old friend works at a dentist office as an tech. While the patient has their eyes closed, she would point out the chin hair to the Dr. Now if I have to go to the dentist, I'm afraid to close my eyes and I check my chin at least 3 times before going in the office. Now, I'm sure you are all scarred too.
    Old 09-07-2011, 01:42 PM

thanks for the tip about the Dentist. I have an appt next week and will make sure I don't close my eyes. LOL