Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Best time to visit the state you live in? >
  • Best time to visit the state you live in?

• Best time to visit the state you live in?

Old 07-21-2011, 11:53 AM

Florida is good to travel to any time of the year. But to swim in the ocean summer is better. People from Canada love to swim in the spring time here. But summers are very HOT and humid and you sure don't want to spend it in a long line waiting to go on a ride at Disney. So fall and spring would be better for that. There are many beautiful beaches, attractions and shows to take in so come on down
    we are waiting for you with the cold sweet ice tea.
    Old 07-21-2011, 12:02 PM

Summer and Fall for Central Oregon. It is much different here than in the Willamette Valley. We don't get any where near the amount of rain they do. Summer is warm in the day time and cool at night. Fall is spectacular with the trees turning color.
    Old 07-21-2011, 01:03 PM

I love Texas anytime of year, but I recommend my family to come in late March, early April because everything starts "greenin' up" and blooming and there is still a nice breeze, windows can be left open. Golfing is good. If you can't make it then, come around September-October. Things are still green and lots of outdoor events going on. SXSW, Lake Travis activities, festivals and craft shows of all sorts, biking, running events. Golfing is good. You simply can't go wrong coming to Texas.
    Old 07-21-2011, 04:44 PM

Really enjoy Michigan's upper peninsula in the summer time...the Great Lakes are majestic and there is so much to see and do PURE MICHIGAN!
    Old 07-21-2011, 04:47 PM

Florida is not the state I call home, but I have been here 31yrs. If you don't want the heat or humidity, then U would need to come Jan and Feb, those months you can actually swim in the ocean.
    Old 07-21-2011, 04:50 PM

Summer!! Alaska is known for it's fishing. And since the rivers freeze in the winter, summer is the best time to come. After September 15th, most things start closing up for the winter. Fall is beautiful but not a lot to do.
    Old 07-21-2011, 11:25 PM

Any time of year is a good time to visit New York, especially Western New York. Beautiful flowers and garden walks in Spring. A different type of festival or fair every weekend in Summer, not to mention all the fresh produce available, and all the activities related to Lake Erie. Fall and the changing of the leaves is not to be missed --- some of the most breathtaking scenery around. And, last (but not least!!) Winter....I love it! Almost as many festivals as in the summertime. We've got skiing, ice fishing, skating, sledding. Wouldn't a few snowflakes feel good right now, after the weather we've almost all been experiencing in this country?? There is always something to do around here. If you're bored in Western New York, it's because you want to be!! P.S. No, I don't work for the Chamber of Commerce or tourism bureau.
    Old 07-22-2011, 03:43 AM

definitely spring, with the azalea and dogwood blooming, throw in a red bud, and you have spectacular!
    Old 07-22-2011, 04:29 AM

I'm in Georgia----come anytime but summer. Winters are mild, spring is beautiful with all of the flowers and dogwood trees blooming, and fall is gorgeous when the leaves start changing. Just don't come May-September.
    Old 07-22-2011, 04:58 AM

Maryland is best in the fall. Sept.is warm but no humidity. Oct. the leaves change. July and August are very hot and humid.Our beach resort, Ocean City MD, has off season room rates after Labor Day. The beach is toasty then,the crowds are gone and usually the restaurants have bettr deals.