Big Snows?

Old 02-01-2011, 03:06 PM

Bless you. Drive carefully & watch the ice. At least January is over!
Old 02-01-2011, 03:15 PM

Oh my goodness...your replies bring back a lot of memories of Chicago storms! WE are in cozy, warm Florida and it's quite nice. Our 3 sons are in Houston(windy), Ft. Worth(icy), and Colorado Springs....freezing! My parents are being hit hard in Iowa. Ahhh, winter weather! I see a lot of school snow days across the nation this week. I always loved those when I was teaching...just like one of the kids with a free day off of school.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:20 PM

For the last few days it has been freezing here, in South West England, never getting more than freezing. Today? Well the thermometer went mad and registered what seemed a balmy 42F
Old 02-01-2011, 03:33 PM

I'm in Bloomington.IL. You can't see across the street and the wind is blowing sooo hard!! Last night everybody was in a dead panic. No milk in the stores--even Sam's Club had none! Got what I needed and got gas for the snow blower. Got plenty of UFO's to finish. That's if the electric stays on...lights are flickering.
Everybody stay safe and Warm. And tomorrow is groundhog day???? What's he gonna see??? It's a white out so what will that mean? Pam
Old 02-01-2011, 04:06 PM

Snowing all day here in NW Arkansas. Storm to run through midnight.
Looks like about 5" on ground, cars iced up, my apartment complex has NO
snow removal ... so won't venture out till late in week. Have plenty of
food (if electricity stays on) and of course, many UFO's to work on.
Good stash re-organization time, but have been lazy all day with Classic
Movies. HA!
Old 02-01-2011, 04:11 PM

All we received was some rain. We dodged the ice and snow here. But the temps have dropped and the wind is blowing like crazy. According to our weather thing it has been gusting at 21 mph plus for the last hour. Current temp is 25. Fortunately the wind dried some of the rain before the temps started falling.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:22 AM

Dug out the front door - winds have died down tremendously - hope for not too much digging to feed goats and puppies and kittys, etc..... and then onto the pastures to feed cows - wow! This is horrible weather to have to care for animals in - how they live through it all is beyond me, even with what shelters they have. Hope there is no bad news waiting for us out there!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 AM

We had Thunder Snow with thunder and lightening about 9:30 last night. we have about 18" and the wind is blowing really really bad. Went to let our dog out this morning but the back door has a big drift and the door will not open.
Was really praying that DH would not have any problems because the roads in and out of here are shut down. Hospice would not be able to get here I don't think.

Stay in and stay warm everyone

homecaregiver
Pat
Old 02-02-2011, 07:26 AM

Iowa City, IA schools closed. Didn't go into work yesterday for fear of having to drive home in this. Thank God I didn't. Kept sweeping just out side the front door. There is also on exterior door there. After a couple of times I had to give up - it was too much to sweep. This morning there is a 18 - 24 inch drift. No I can't open the door. The back dook is OK for now, but a drift goes down the steps & around the house. The last time I looked out the front door when I could still open it the car had a drift on it as well. I am sure that it is drifted in. Work isn't until Fri. & Sat. I guess I will have to dig out the boots. Stay warm everyone, while you quilt away I will continue taking inventory of the fabricS that I have... There is pleanty of it.
Old 02-02-2011, 09:41 AM

I am 10 minles south of Buffalo and we got only about one and a half inches of snow last night. Sorry, but we sent all the bad weather your way. Maybe now the 'snow in Buffalo' jokes will stop.