Blasted puppy!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 07:19 AM

We had a serious talk, Ol' Chip and I...and I explained that I was pretty sure I could trade him in for a cat. He was horrified! ;) :lol:

I do know to watch for problems from threads/strings...this little guy has a thing for textiles! When we first got him, I had a red bathrobe. When I got up in the morning, would let him outside, and then he would come sit on my lap on the couch and cuddle in that red robe. Didn't take me long to realize that he was chewing/sucking on the sleeve of it! (He was 8 weeks old when we got him, and his mommy had weaned him at 6 weeks) That robe is now his, and it's funny. He will grab it, shake it, hump it (he's not neutered yet) but he doesn't tear up that robe like he does other things! I don't dare let a scrap of my fabric hit the floor...if it's unnoticed, it's trashed!

Amandasgramma, I think I just need a trip to the LQS...got this thread at the one in Prineville! Whatcha doing Weds? ;)
Old 04-26-2010, 07:30 AM

Well........this is not limited to just cats and dogs oh no. wish the same thing with the parrots getting jobs.

let's see, sacha the congo loves to grab my fabric pieces and chews them up now not one or two, nope a whole mouth full at a time. or he will grab them after they come through the machine when assembly lining them. he will take off with the thimble, scissors, seam ripper, etc. for him it is easy.

my cockatoo, Merlin however is a different story all together. he sneaks to get something then tells on himself. his crest will go up and he will strut just like a cock. he will also grab anything he can that he should not have.

I have a couple of remote chewers. but then with the parrots if they can fit it into their beaks it is gone.

By the time Merlin was 2 yrs old he had eaten/chewed up 5 remotes, (nope he would find their hiding spot)an expensive set of oak end tables. that happened in matter of seconds. and not just one side, i kept turning the tables and he got all 4 sides of them. and before we changed to cordless phones i would go through the 5o ft phone cords like every other day. it was to the point I would buy them by the dozen at the dollar store. lol then the thing he was proudest of was....he learned to escape his cage. low and behold he was so quite about it and none of the others ratted him out but then they never do when someone is out. I had been playing on my playstation 2 earlier in the day and left it on the floor in front of the tv. (yes ladies I still play video games. and I play Asheron's Call and world of warcraft online when having the time) I was in the kitchen. here he came strutting in just so proud of himself for all he had done. he had my game memory card crushed in his beak, so when running in the den and he had chomped the controller, the power cords, the breaker bar and pulled the logo off the game system. I was so mad I cried. but then I was to blame for not putting it up also.

then Sweet Baby Blusher, my hubby's timneh grey who sleeps in our bed is the devil on sheets. she chomps them up pretty badly and we go through king size sheets alot. and no ladies she is potty trained otherwise she would not sleep in my bed. she is also 10 yrs old and it was my mistake to teach her to sleep with me. since her sexual maturity she kicked me to the curb and is all lovey with hubby.

now shiloh my new great pyrenees/ newfoundland puppy who is 5 months old, acted up this weekend. I spent one whole day rearranging and relocating the boxes I had stored out in the garage that they go in and out of (3 dogs. shiloh is inside dog but out when it is nice and to romp) she decided to chomp couple of the stored boxes. thank god it was plastic stuff and not something else. of course when we moved here we just had his dog coco and she chomped the loveseat, and 3 boxes. (house is small and with all the cages I do not have room for furniture in the living room or the dining room, other than a chair, footstool and little side table.we will be adding on a bird room soon) so I do not consider it to bad a loss with the loss of 2 boxes. but she kept getting on top of his compost pile that is covered with plastic barrier and chewing her toys. which was better than her digging in it. she spread out all the leaves he had gathered up. and she was not the only culprit either it was all 3 of them. granted my shiloh is a huge girl at 5 months she is almost to my waist with her back and when she tries to stand up to me she is almost taller than me. I am 5 ft tall. can we say obedience training coming up soon????? she can pull me over in a heart beat because she already has. And Lizzie who came with her is her mom and shiloh is already bigger than her. she is taking after her father in size and all but she is so beautiful...

got to go, off to pick up parrot food supplies (don't trust hubby with this) buying by the month sure beats every week shopping for it.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:43 AM

Our dogs will chew glasses. I leave mine in a very secure case, but DH doesn't. I was told once that it is because the glasses smell like us what with sitting behind you ears and all. I think the thread picks up some of our scent, too. I have had the same thing happen on multiple occasions. Now I keep it all in a zip lock plastic bag.
Old 04-26-2010, 07:47 AM

Thread and really sick dog... I have a "grand" puppy. Chase is part Lab and part Weinriner and he is just 8 months old. And as with 90% of all puppies if it's there, it's to be used, abused, plsyed with, ripped torn, blah, blah. Chase was very ill and it was like out of no where. So as he got worse and was constantly heaving off I and my grand daughter and said puppy to the vets. Approximately $800 later it appears that the little plastic pieces, the numerious pieces of sticks, etc. wasn't the culprit. A piece of thing string was. For some reason it did NOT go all the way down. It got hung up on the very back of his tonguw, hence the continious vomiting. And from there tangled in the bottom of the espheius (spelling... ) and was just entering the upper intentinents. I really need a dictionary, but you have to be able to spell it to look it up) anyway, our little guy had to have surgery and it was really touch and go for a while. My kitchen always have a few dishes in the sink, clothes on the floor in the laundry room and newspapers not quite put all the way under the table. BUT, I always use a small stick vacuum after I am in my sewing room and I'm finishing up. I also have a magnetic thingy that will extend to a much longer length and also has a light on the tip. That is used to go after any pins I may have missed. With my two Bichons, trust of what they decide to munch on is not always in their best interest. As for Chase, he is my happy pup with legs to long for his body and paws that going to take a lot of growing into. But I do love that sweet little guy. As far as your "blasted puppy"... yes indeed, they can certainly test your patience, and then make you loe them even more.

Blue and broke.. but happy
Old 04-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Banned

We had a serious talk, Ol' Chip and I...and I explained that I was pretty sure I could trade him in for a cat. He was horrified! ;) :lol:
LMAO!!!! :lol: :lol:
Old 04-26-2010, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by marsye

Earthwalker...One of my thimbles would have gotten him beaned to be sure! (and I don't believe in hitting my dogs! :lol:)
oh thank God!:lol: I was afraid you beat him half to death! I don't hit animals either and makes so mad when I see someone else do it! :twisted:
Haha, I don't believen striking an animal either... I did once to one of our cats, but it was on accident I didn't know he was behind me and I felt so bad... I had to hug him and pet him. our one dog had been abused before we had received her... She was found roaming the streets by the local vet, and they took her in, fixed her up... but no one wanted her... she looked horrible. This guy across the street from the vet took her, cause he felt bad that no one wanted her... and he had her a week, but had to find her a new home cause she wasn't getting along with his puppy... so my mom and sister go in the store and for whatever reason my sister sits on he floor and this mangy gross dog comes up to her... the guy at the store told my mom that was the first time she ever came out from behind the counter in over a week... he asked if we'd take her home, mom was like no... my husband will kill me, we have enough pets at home... and the guy says, "why not take her home for the week, and if it doesn't work out bring her back." So she did, and Tequila has been with us ever since... anyways, the point of that whole shebang is we can't make any real sudden movements around her or she thinks she's going to get hurt... She was about 12 when we got her, she is not going on 15 at some point this year... She looks like a pretty dog now too!

And yeah, the dog eating something off the table is kind of funny... and I hope he is okay.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:36 AM

Oh, this is a good thread!!!
Reminds me of the times when my DH was fixing something around the house. We had two Min-Pins and one or both of them would pick up the screws and run off with them. My first, Harlee had lost a couple of teeth & we would usually find her trying to dislodge them from between the teeth, but Katie would just take them to her crate. Oh man the swearing that would ensue..... :oops:
Old 04-27-2010, 06:10 AM

Well if he picked the silky thread, you know he has got taste! no pun intended. lol
Old 04-27-2010, 03:15 PM

This is my 2 cents.. Maybe he was just checking out thetexture of the thread to see if that's what he will want to use down the road later on(ha-ha).. Don
Old 04-27-2010, 07:49 PM

Our dog started to chew up a spool of my thread but luckily I rescued it . It was no good to use on the machine anymore but it was good for hand sewing. It came off the spool in different lengths. I'm one not to let anything go to waste.