Blue Day

Old 02-16-2011, 07:42 AM

I agree with get up and get moving...force yourself to move....exercise, get out and do something for yourself, go to a movie, but get your body moving!!
We all go through this from time to time. Don't spend another minute sitting there! :roll:
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM

Dreary cloudy days make me sad. I'm always in a better mood and able to get things done when the sun is shining no matter how cold it is outside. Hope you feel better tomorrow.

Susan
Old 02-16-2011, 08:08 AM

Yes, I am going thru the same thing. I am pretty sure it's because there is no sun here in Mich the past 2 days. I get that SAD without sun.
Also, I am pretty sure I need to drink more water. For some reason, that makes a difference for me. Maybe you could try that? My thoughts and prayers go out to you.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:01 AM

I agree with the ones who say exercise is good. Just go for a walk around the block (if you have one!) or down the road a bit. You will feel better when you get back. Than don't sit down, find a little project to do that works up and finishes in a hurry. (Mug rug!). Keep talking to all of us!:):):):):)
Old 02-16-2011, 09:11 AM

The sun is out there if it's light whether it's shining or not. Get out in the light every day. Breathing stale house air makes me feel tired. I like my doctor's prescription - 'Get A Dog' written on a script pad. It helps.

Last Winter when I was housebound due to a surgery, I bought a sunlamp and knit under it every morning. I'm sure it helped.

Retail therapy helps if it doesn't cause financial problems. It was a standing joke when I had a husband and more income that every large purchase in our house was made in February.

Join the Feb 10th group that is making a pinwheel block every day. My very first pinwheel ever is yellow solid and an orange and yellow stripe. It's very uplifting!

I'm sorry you are going through this. So many of us have been there, but it doesn't make any easier.
Old 02-16-2011, 09:26 AM
Power Poster

I know how you feel. If it continues, I would recommend that you discuss it with your dr.
Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 PM

Well, thank you all! I need to find time for myself, more I do I think! I ran out of my vitamin D about a week ago, so I am guessing that's what's going on for the most part! Bless you all for your kind words and encouragement!