Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing. >
  • The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing.

• The board is switching to new software. Need your help testing.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:57 PM
    Power Poster

I really like both of the search functions in the member list :D :D :D
    Old 11-28-2009, 12:36 AM

I cannot login with my regular account but it looks nice!
    Why can I not login on the testboard?
    Old 11-28-2009, 01:10 AM

I havent been on for a few weeks, so i'm glad i saw this thread tonight. Wow, big changes, very nice admin, thank you. I did go to the new board, and took a quick peak. I was only able to stay for a minute before my eyes and head were throbbing. So i thought, quit being a baby, try it a few more times, and each time it was worse, and then i felt a seizure coming on. The large print is a strain on my eyes, but that's ok, that i can learn very easy. But it's the mauve colour. Makes my head throb immediately. On the home page, and the category pages, the mauve is too bright for me, i dont mean distracting, or something i can get used to, i mean unbearable. Then inside eaqch section, when you go to a thread, those pages don't bother me. On my hd forum, threads that have a new post on them go to the top of the forum, like on this one, and they get a red flag beside them. But also, once you go into the thread, there is a red flag beside the individual posts that you havent read yet. It's like here, when a thread has new comments on it, i have to scroll through and try and figure out which was the last post from the last time i looked at the thread, see what i mean? So what i mean is, just cus you're doing upgrades anyways, if it's possible to red flag individual posts too, that would be really nice. So, because of how bad the new site is glaring, i wasnt able to take time to log in and try some of it out, but i will try and see if i can do that tomorrow.
    Old 11-28-2009, 05:44 AM
    Banned

i went back over to check it out and i love it :D
    Old 11-28-2009, 06:30 AM
    Power Poster

I opened another window so I could have both versions up side by side.

I still like the colors and look of the "old" version better. It's much easier on my eyes and I still would like more definition between each post on the thread.

If you feel compelled to make the type a bit bigger, go about halfway up between the "old" and "new" - if this is a 12 point and that one is a 16, make it a 14 (I don't know what size they actually are - just using those numbers as an example)

On the other hand, if it is uncomfortable to use, I would spend MUCH LESS time here, and might actually get some other things done.

I understand that your primary concern right now is to make it function the way you want it to.

My primary concern (and I know this is YOUR board - not mine) is that it's comfortable (easy on my eyes and I don't get eye-ache or headache reading/using the board)

Old 11-28-2009, 07:06 AM
    Administrator

But it's the mauve colour.
    I removed all red components from all colors. So it's all shades of blue and gray.

But also, once you go into the thread, there is a red flag beside the individual posts that you havent read yet.
    I noticed such functionality too. I won't be implementing it now, but I'll definitely think about add it in the future.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:07 AM
    Administrator

Why can I not login on the testboard?
    Try the password recovery there and click the auto-login link in the e-mail. That should get you logged in.
    Old 11-28-2009, 07:14 AM
    Administrator

If you feel compelled to make the type a bit bigger, go about halfway up between the "old" and "new" - if this is a 12 point and that one is a 16, make it a 14 (I don't know what size they actually are - just using those numbers as an example)
    It's 11pt.

Here is a screenshot showing the size of the font. Please let me know if the new board's font looks larger or smaller on your computer than what you see in the picture. And post screenshots if you can.

Attached Thumbnails attachment-413.jpe  
    Old 11-28-2009, 11:21 AM

If this is 11 pt. I think that is good. I can read it just fine whereas on the current board, I have to set ie to enlarge to 125 % to be able to read the messages.
    Maybe the ones who are thinking the font is too large are using 800X600 as their screen resulation. I have mine 1024X 756.
    Old 11-28-2009, 11:27 AM
    Administrator

i'm at 1600 x 1024 and the print is huge.

however, since learning i can adjust the zoom, it's no longer an issue for me.