Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Bottled Water - Do you drink it? >
  • Bottled Water - Do you drink it?

• Bottled Water - Do you drink it?

Old 08-02-2010, 06:51 AM

I drink bottled water, -I have acid reflux that was continually getting worse, in spite of diet and meds, then one day in April my gastro-enterolgist asked me about my water habits(I love drinking water), and told me not to drink our tap water, my blood work showed high levels of chlorine, my husband testing our tap water and it is at 3%. Started buying spring water and it is getting better.
    Old 08-02-2010, 07:36 AM

We have a filter on our kitchen sink so I drink from it. If it wasn't there I would not drink the water it has a funny taste.
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:49 AM

And no matter your age or gender, if you're peeing too much, have your blood sugar checked!
    thanks, i did that already, a few months ago..
    so thankful there is nothing seriously wrong!...(other than the bladder suspension has probably failed by now .)
    Old 08-02-2010, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by watterstide
    as a woman in her 50's, i pee enough for 2 or 3 people.no matter where the water came from, it would be like that!

i think i need another bladder suspension!
    This has nothing really to do with your water but it's something I learned along the way and feel I should pass it on.
    For years I've had to pee what I consider alot but I just thought it was normal (I'm 52) My daughter's 22 and when she was in third grade she had trouble in the peeing deptmant, sorry, can't remember exactly what she was doing, so she went to an outpatient place and the urologist did somehting with a medical term I can't remember, but back then it was described to us as a Roto-Rooter of the tube that leads from her bladder to the outside. She was under anesthetic. Seems she was constricted in that area and making it just a bit bigger, stretching it I guess, solved the problem. She has had no problem since and doesn't seem to have to go any more frequently than normal.
    So, when I was in the hospital for a bit, was in a coma for a couple of weeks, they catheterized me. That was 2 years ago and ever since then I have to go with normal frquency, I definitely noticed it's less often. I guess having the catheter, which I never had before, stretched me the same as they did to her, so I guess I had the same thing as her, just not as bad as her so I never thought it was a problem. Now I know better.
    For anyone that has to go alot, this is one thing to bring up to your doctor.
    Old 08-02-2010, 11:45 AM
    Power Poster

i drink about 2 gals a day
    i filter my own, don't trust the bottle co and to expensive
    even though the condo i live at hoas our own filter system
    i still smell faint sea water or something else.
    Old 08-02-2010, 06:14 PM

I'm a Coke-A-Cola Cowgirl. I like other bottled or canned sodas also. When I drink water I drink it from the tap. Sometimes I put it in a soda bottle and freeze it! Stays icy for a long time and I do that with cool aid also. I just refuse to pay for something I can get for free. However our well water is so good that when they test it I get the free incentive but they tell me no need for filters at all! My late Mother-in-law use to complain that our tap water had no taste to it! Go figure!!LOL
    Old 08-02-2010, 06:40 PM

I filter my tap water as we have a community well and by law it has to be chlorinated. The chlorinator goes haywire frequently and over-chlorinates the water and I refuse to drink bleach. I even filter my shower water. Complaints to the water company doesn't do much good. I was told that there's no regulation regarding the maximum limit of chlorine, just the minimum. Other than the chlorine the water tastes fine. I use the refrigerator Brita. I occasionally buy a case of bottled water and reuse the bottles until I get tired of washing them. Then they get recycled.
    Old 08-02-2010, 07:55 PM

We drank our community's well water for 36 years - until it tested too high with uranium - naturally occuring all too frequently. Nobody has actually defined what 'too hog' really means. While the water company tries to find another source of water for us (as CT has ordered it to do), we're drinking bottled water at our own expense.

No one will comment on the record if the uranium content had anything to do with the higher-than-average rate of breast cancer in this area. But of course, those of us with BC have to wonder. There's been no research done, as far as I've heard - certainly not by the water company!
    Old 08-02-2010, 08:43 PM
    Dee

I drink filtered water from our refer.
    Old 08-03-2010, 10:38 PM

I only drink bottled water. They say our tap water is fine to drink, but it has a funny color sometimes and I HATE the taste.