Broken hearted

Old 09-27-2011, 04:28 PM

I hope you find it. :cry: :cry: I am a rescue collector, I collect quilts at Goodwill, Salvation Army, garage sales, rummage sales, flea markets and I love them all. I know we can't replace your quilt but your quilt went to a new and loving home :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
Old 09-27-2011, 04:30 PM
Power Poster

Ouch!. Echoing sentiments above. God's blessings to you and your sister for the love you put in the quilt!!!!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:30 PM

Sorry, I have a missing topic. In the words of Rosanna, Rosanna Danna "Never Mind". :mrgreen:
Old 09-27-2011, 04:36 PM

I guess we as childern are baffling to our parents growing up...but the wheels turn as our parents get older. Some of the things they do we cannot figure out. If only we could be in their head to know what's going on. Just know that the quilt you made was the right thing to do, but her decision to get rid of it may have not been a clear thought out decision.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:37 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by neece
Sorry, I have a missing topic. In the words of Rosanna, Rosanna Danna "Never Mind". :mrgreen:
????
Old 09-27-2011, 04:40 PM
Power Poster

Such a sad story! Hugs!
Old 09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Jim

So Sorry you are going thru this....My mother died last month and I had painted her a nativity set 40 yrs ago that was exquisite. I spent probably 200 hours doing all the detail in the 20 piece set....When we went thru her belongings 2 weeks ago, it wasnt there and the only other people( a brother and a sister) that could have gotten it acted so suspicious about it. My brothers wife told me 18 months ago that she wanted it. I said well I painted it and I want it back(we knew Mom was dying for the last 28 months). Funny thing was all Mom's possessions were stored in my brothers garage attic. All of her good jewerly and things that meant anything to anyone had disappeared. I had decided that I was going to give the navitity to my brothers wife since she liked it so well but, it disappeared before I could gift it to her.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cybrarian
I would also ask the memory issues question. After we were forced to choose a nursing home for my MIL [after finding her wandering down the road in the middle of the night more than once] we discovered she had thrown away my husband's baby book and almost all the family pictures. We and all her grandchildren were devastated that we hadn't thought to put these things in a safe place.
My MIL did something like this when my FIL passed away, all my DH's, his sister's and brother's childhood photos were destroyed as well as all the photo my SIL and I had given her of our children. Poor FIL was a great guy and he didn't die to hurt MIL but died because he had cancer.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Colbaltjars62
So sorry. (((((HUGGS)))))
You and sis have the satisfaction of knowing that you made something beautiful together and someone is enjoying it now.
Hope posting here gave you some closure about this so you can Move On past it.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:55 PM

[ quote=Jiwere stored in my brothers garage attic. All of her good jewerly and things that meant anything to anyone had disappeared. I had decided that I was going to give the navitity to my brothers wife since she liked it so well but, it disappeared before I could gift it to her.[/quote]
----------------------------------
Keep telling yourself...what goes around comes around. Something will happen to whomever got all this stuff.

What goes around comes around.