Brother Embroidery Machine

Old 05-01-2011, 11:05 AM

I've never seen an embroidery only machine that does a size bigger than the 4x4, my friend looked for one. If you know of one please post what it is, thanks.

Originally Posted by lalaland
I've had 3 Brother embroidery machines, a PE 150, 8500D and now an Innovis 4000D. I have loved them all.

I also have a Bernina Bernette Deco 600 a 650 and I really like them as well.

The Innovis is really high end. But to be honest, if I had it to do all over again, I would not buy a combo embroidery/sewing machine. I would buy a machine that does embroidery only. I never sewed on my 8500 and I will never sew on my 4000. It's sits on a high dresser for easier accessibility and that's it's dedicated space, it's too heavy and too large to move and I embroider on practically everything I do so there's rarely "free time" for sewing on it anyway.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:33 AM

I have a Brother 4500D and love love love it.

You can read all about it here and believe me when I tell you it is a great machine.

http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...DUCTID=NV4500D

robin
Old 05-01-2011, 01:27 PM
Power Poster

[quote=squilter]I've never seen an embroidery only machine that does a size bigger than the 4x4, my friend looked for one. If you know of one please post what it is, thanks.

There are a lot of machines out there that are larger than a 4x4 stitch field. With my Bernina the largest one I have is a 5-1/2 x 10. I plan on getting the 5 x 12 for my Brother.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by sunni
I have a Brother 4500D and love love love it.

You can read all about it here and believe me when I tell you it is a great machine.

http://www.brother-usa.com/Homesewin...DUCTID=NV4500D

robin
Robin! I have not been able to find a price. Would you be willing to share with me what you paid for this machine? It looks and sounds great. Yolanda
Old 05-01-2011, 01:42 PM

With a trade in it was about 3500. The best thing to do is go to a dealer and see what sales, offers are going on.

robin
Old 05-01-2011, 02:15 PM

i just got the brother pe770. it does a 5x7 and works beautifully. found it on ebay. premier appliance store. i think it was 499.00.

i am not happy with the automatic threader. my sister got one at the same time and her threader fell off when unpacking it. i was careful of mine when i unpacked it, but never could gt the thing to work. mine fell off today and i'm not going to worry about putting it back. it is so simple to thread the needle so far so i'm not fooling with that thing anymore.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:01 AM

Originally Posted by sunni
With a trade in it was about 3500. The best thing to do is go to a dealer and see what sales, offers are going on.

robin
Thank you. It looks wonderful. Wish I could afford it. Y