Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • Brother PE 770 from Home Depot >
  • Brother PE 770 from Home Depot

• Brother PE 770 from Home Depot

Old 10-13-2017, 09:09 AM

I'm going to chime in here with my experience. I have the PE770ii and I love it... or should I say, loved it?! I have no dedicated embroidery area in my sewing room so I have to take the machine in and out of its bag to use. Unfortunately, a few months back while I was moving the machine, it slipped from my hands and hit the edge of the table, shattering the LCD screen.

I have tried everything to get it fixed...local repair guys, contacting dealers who sell Brother machines, etc. They all tell me that they cannot get the parts to fix it. So sadly, I now have a $600 paperweight. I am quite upset, and it has really turned me off of replacing it with another of the same machine.

As always, your experience may differ from mine!
    Old 10-13-2017, 10:53 AM

I highly encourage anyone in the market for a sewing machine, any kind, brand or features, to check all the resale sites before paying full retail, or even 10% off, for a new machine. Who knows, you may be able to afford more machine for the same price. Good luck.
    Old 10-13-2017, 08:19 PM

hope Home Depot does better with sewing machines than with flooring! We shopped for flooring and paid in full for new vinyl tile, installed, on Aug. 23 and it was suppose to arrive at HD about 9/3 and then they would arrange delivery and installation. We checked on 9/6 and were told next week! then next week we were told that our order got shipped to another HD and sent to a customer. Each week we check and were told some BS. FINALLY, after I called and started the conversation with "I'm mad..." we got delivery of the tile this past Tues! Our installer came out today and we found out that he was a sub contractor of the installation co. So asked about that pesky basement mess and he gave us an estimate that we can live with so we'll have him to that--forget HD!
    Old 10-14-2017, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by Sewnoma
    I have that machine, bought mine on Amazon. I don't use it a lot, but I've never had any trouble with it. My only gripe is that the LCD screen is really small and has poor resolution - can be difficult to figure out what part of the pattern is going to stitch out next. But other than that, I find it to be a solid and reliable machine for the infrequent use I put it through.
    I have a PE770 too. I had the same problem with the resolution and size of the screen. It's also B&W not color. Other than that it's a solid machine. I've since upgraded to an Innovis PQ1400 mainly because of that and also I wanted the larger hoop size.
    Old 10-14-2017, 10:02 AM

I found that by rotating the letter I can figure out which way it is stitching, because it will become obvious which way it is orientated on one of the rotations, and I go from there.