Bye maybe??

Old 07-03-2011, 07:00 AM

Go to your public library and you can get on there until you can afford to buy one. Good luck.
IdahoSandy
Old 07-03-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by diannemc
Well my DD is moving out tomorrow..We are so thankful she got a job after a year and 3 months looking for one! I have been using her computer so when she leaves in the morning so will the computer..We had to help her with expenses getting her moved so it will be a while before I can get a computer..I have a very very very old computer I am going to hook up and see if it works but don't think it will...Just wanted to let ya'll know where I am..On the bright side maybe I will get some quilting done..!! Pray the old computer will work!! Bye
If God can find a fish with a coin and turn water into wine He sure can get a new computer for you too. Or make the old one work. Hang in there our son (now 36) moved away to live with his best friends family 1500 miles away during his senior year of HS, ( he was 18) so I know what it feels like when they leave for the first time. Now he lives 2 blocks away with our beautiful grandchildren.
LOL
R
Old 07-03-2011, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by diannemc
Well my DD is moving out tomorrow..We are so thankful she got a job after a year and 3 months looking for one! I have been using her computer so when she leaves in the morning so will the computer..We had to help her with expenses getting her moved so it will be a while before I can get a computer..I have a very very very old computer I am going to hook up and see if it works but don't think it will...Just wanted to let ya'll know where I am..On the bright side maybe I will get some quilting done..!! Pray the old computer will work!! Bye
Go to the public library and use theirs! We don't want to lose you!
Also... go to a high school science teacher, and ask for help to get a used one... kids are often replacing and upgrading theirs .....and you will need help in clearing and re-formatting the hard drive. Don't forget looking in a pawn shop, or resale shop, and ads in the local newspaper listed under computers.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:14 PM

Call your Technical College also -ours sells their computers routinely.
Old 07-03-2011, 07:05 PM

sisLH That's a great idea for finding a used computer with probably a lot of bells and whistles on them for a reasonable price.

Since you're planning on getting a lot of quilting done you can go away and not show those new quilts to us!
Old 07-23-2011, 12:28 PM

Good luck to all of you. Maybe you'll get a surprise laptop and if not makes some quilts and maybe you can sell them to make some money for a new computer. Things usually work out for the best. Good Luck. Sue
Old 07-23-2011, 12:30 PM

Best wishes to you both!