Canola oil

Old 12-11-2010, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by amma
I only use Canola and olive oil... :D:D:D
Me too, and no Aspartame in any thing, not good for Fybro. Again everything in moderation and I use butter. blood work is very good.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:58 AM

What is it about canola that is supposed to be bad for a person? I use both canola and olive oil ib my cooking.
Old 12-11-2010, 10:02 AM

I read a post earlier where canola was made out to be a frandenstein food, an internet urban legend I suppose. No facts, only misrepresention. I for one will believe the info from the Mayo Clinic. I think the post has been deleted because I could not find it again. All debate is good, but I like debate with facts.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:15 PM

I use real butter, no margarine. However I do use canola oil for all my frying. Eggs are good for you and even coffee is being reconsidered and is believed to be healthy for most folks.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:45 PM

Hey, I wouldn't be surprised to one day read that dog poop and cat pee are the only things that won't kill us!

I agree - everything in moderation -except chocolate & if that kills me - I'll be the happiest cadavar that the mortitian every had to deal with!
Old 12-11-2010, 02:48 PM

I don't believe evrything I hear or read. I use Canola oil myself.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:53 PM
Power Poster

I use Safflower oil for frying and baking and cold pressed olive oil for salads and such. We use real butter for table use. I don't buy any other oil. Cotton seed oil is not regulated as a food crop so be careful of buying foods with cottonseed oil. No trans fat but full of non food chemicals used on the cotton plant. Also I found out the pesticides okayed to use for organic food crops are worse for you then the regular pesticides used on non organic foods. Big organic growers have to use some pesticides or they won't have a crop.
Old 12-11-2010, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Hey, I wouldn't be surprised to one day read that dog poop and cat pee are the only things that won't kill us!

I agree - everything in moderation -except chocolate & if that kills me - I'll be the happiest cadavar that the mortitian every had to deal with!
I agree, everything in moderation except chocolate.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Beginner64
I agree with everything in moderation. I too am tired of all the so called scientific studies done lately, only to have them say things like one time real butter is better for you, then the next thing you hear is margarine is better for you. Diet pop is better than regular, then the next thing they say is just the opposite. I personally am going to live my life to the fullest every day and I am going to eat and drink what I like but do it with common sense. That's just my two cents on the subject.
I'm with you! Could we all just relax a little bit:)
Old 12-11-2010, 04:11 PM

I am going to die from something. I am hoping it is old age:) That being said I get migraines from aspartame an msg plus a boatload of other things. Very few research trials take in the "parent" factor.