Car shopping stinks!

Old 05-08-2010, 12:43 PM
Pam

My diesel truck is 10 years old with only 130,000 miles. I am hoping to get another 10 years out of it, at least. If you go to your credit union and get preapproved for a loan, you will do WAY better on any financing the dealer will put together for you.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

Cars are all over priced, just like jewelry. It doesn't matter what car you buy from a dealer, it's overpriced and nothing you can do about it. I asked around and found a car dealer that many guild members and co workers used and had no complaints about.
Old 05-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Rebecca VLQ
Originally Posted by marsye
Ummm Maryse, do you wear that avatar when you go car shopping?
Just about and thats just about how I feel when I walk onto a car lot......I already P'ed off before I go!!

:lol: :lol: And don't ever let them have your keys!!! I just about whooped a salesman A@@ one time because he wouldn't give my keys back when I wanted them!! My hubs knew I was getting very steamed so he just stepped back out of my way! :lol:
TOOK your KEYS???? OOOhhhh no-he-di-int! OMG, I'd be hurtin' someone. Why would he have your keys???
To test drive what we were trading in.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:27 AM

Know what you mean. We spent 2 weeks car shopping in Jan. - or was it Feb. Anyway, I got so stressed over the whole thing that my heart started beating irregularly. Ended up having to have an echogram & stress test - both negative. But heart monitor did show up mild glitches in my heartbeat. We FINALLY ended up with a 2010 Buick Enclave which we love. We got calls from salesmen for weeks afterwards. I thought that if we had to deal with this matter any longer, I would go nuts.

It does pay to shop around - even though it is very stressful. We ended up saving $4,500 on our new car by finding the right dealer . So grit your teeth and persevere!!!!!!!!!!!

Quilt to lower the stress!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VENT on this forum!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:41 AM

You know what I hate about car shop'n!?! When the salesman tries to convince you that they are selling you the car for their invoice price! Do they think we're stupid or what!?! They even show you an invoice, like it's the real deal lol Common sense tells you they don't buy the cars on their lots individually!

Oh and then you negotiate a few grand off and you think you've done great. The final sales paper is wrote up & after taxes, registration, etc. the price is right back where it started from! Sure you saved a few grand but how good do you end up really feel'n????

BUT after the pain of dish'n out all your $$$$ or taken on that frk'n car payment, you drive off the lot & for at least a week or two you feel like a king/queen (and then some nitwit hits your car w/a shop'n cart lololol)
Old 05-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Pam

Originally Posted by thequilteddove
You know what I hate about car shop'n!?! When the salesman tries to convince you that they are selling you the car for their invoice price! Do they think we're stupid or what!?! They even show you an invoice, like it's the real deal lol Common sense tells you they don't buy the cars on their lots individually!

Oh and then you negotiate a few grand off and you think you've done great. The final sales paper is wrote up & after taxes, registration, etc. the price is right back where it started from! Sure you saved a few grand but how good do you end up really feel'n????

BUT after the pain of dish'n out all your $$$$ or taken on that frk'n car payment, you drive off the lot & for at least a week or two you feel like a king/queen (and then some nitwit hits your car w/a shop'n cart lololol)
I see you've had a dog is this race, too!
Old 05-09-2010, 07:57 AM

Ya this guy is RIDICULOUS! He keeps calling me even though I told him yesterday that the car he wanted to sell me was just too expensive, and that insurance was outrageous. He called me GRANDPARENTS! Just because they are cosigning a loan with me, does not mean he has the right to call them. I was so annoyed and feel like telling him how unprofessional he is. My poor grandparents....GAH!!!!!!I HATE CAR SALESMEN AND I HATE CAR SHOPPING AND I DON'T EVEN WANT A CAR ANYMORE!!!!
:) That's all.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:34 AM

I have to jump in here too! I had a salesman take my keys and try not to give them back, but I won. I always buy my cars from the credit union. I shop around for what I want, then call the credit union. They do the financing over the phone and deliver the car to wherever I want and pick up the trade. Their prices are always fair and the transaction is soooooooooooo easy! Even if you don't belong to a credit union, you can join one. We have 3 local credit unions and their membership criteria is that members need to live, worship, or work in the county. How easy is that! Anyway, if you want to shop online at a credit union, here's one... www.cuabs.com
Old 05-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Banned

Fortunately one of my close friends owns the BMW dealership here so I just get a car from him when the wife wants one. At least I pay EXACTLY what it cost for him to put it on the lot and I dont have to deal with any sales guys.

But then my wife fell in love with a parts car I bought from a guy not far from my place in middle TN two years ago and she had to have it. So I sold her BMW and gave it to her.

Now she drives an almost new fully optioned 1994 Lincoln town car I paid $700 for with 24,000 miles on the car. It was parked in 1998 in a barn when the old man could not drive anymore. So needless to say after I cleaned it up she had to have it and I lost my parts car. :cry: :cry: :cry:

So after buying a set of new tires and playing around with the settings in the cars computer, I have it where it gets 34mpg on the road and it now has 36,000 miles on it.

But when it comes to car shopping from me its relatively easy, I buy something I like and tear it down to the bare frame and go from there!!

Billy

The newest car I own
[ATTACH=CONFIG]54157[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-54157.jpe   attachment-54158.jpe  
Old 05-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Banned

Show off!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: