Cat Question

Old 12-25-2009, 02:25 PM

I have a dog who "plays" with fabric. Fabric for sewing or storebought blankets. Either way, he loves fabric. I'm careful not to leave pins in fabric. He also loves pillows and upholstery.

My cat's a gentleman... Unless you've hung a poster up on a wall, he'll grab the top and surf all the way down through the poster leaving it in two pieces. Although it looks like a lot of fun, I no longer hang unframed prints. :0D

Edit: sewjoyce, my poster surfer is a Siamese.
Old 12-25-2009, 02:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Originally Posted by kluedesigns
Originally Posted by Loretta
Interesting! I would think they would play with a quilt as it hangs down off the bed or sofa.
no, they'd much rather swing from the drapes.
Years ago we lived in a very small furnished apartment. The drapes had seen much better days. A friend (?) gave a siamese kitten to my daughter for her birthday -- she was 4 or 5 at the time. The apartment rules were "no pets". Well, I was hoping to keep the little thing hidden until we could move. This stupid kitten would jump to the top of the curtains and with his claws out, slide down the entire length!! Those poor drapes were in ribbons when we moved out....needless to say, I didn't even ask for my deposit back :lol: :lol: :lol:
ROTFLMAO!!!

we have a relatively new cat and he keeps breaking the string that pulls up the blinds.

last week DH had just rethreaded the one in his office and that night while we were sleeping the cat broke the string.

DH is losing his mind over it and the cat just taunts him.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kluedesigns

we have a relatively new cat and he keeps breaking the string that pulls up the blinds.

last week DH had just rethreaded the one in his office and that night while we were sleeping the cat broke the string.

DH is losing his mind over it and the cat just taunts him.
Make sure it's not the kind that kitty could get hung up in. Heard of bad things happening (cats and kids).

Funny how a short little furry monster can drive us to the brink.....lol
Old 12-25-2009, 05:03 PM

Y'all be careful, it cost over $2k to have a four foot nylon blind cord removed from my cat. She ate it whole, they had to cut through her digestive track in a dozen different places to remove the full length of the cord. She recover just fine, but we keep those cords bound up and out of reach AT ALL TIMES.

btw, My three cats love to curl up in the quilts, but they have never bothered any bedding (but I don't leave then alone w/string, batting, or thread, lesson learned), in fact, they are very good about only scratching on the scratching posts we have placed on all three levels of our home. We also have kitty nail clipping on every other Sunday mornings.
Old 12-25-2009, 06:26 PM
Power Poster

I have four cats - ages 4-14 yr.s old - they are sharing my sewing room with me - put everything away at end of the day - I have problems with hair and litter dust - they are all declawed - all four paws and never go outdoors, and not allowed in our bedroom. All new quilts are washed dried and put into trash bags and stored in closet. They have never torn up anything. They are well taken care of and spend days and nights in their room.
Old 12-25-2009, 08:56 PM
Power Poster

Nope, my cat is declawed. She's not allowed on my quilts either as I give most of them as gifts, and I never know when someone may be alergic to cats.

Once in the while she will wander across one as I am snapping the pic tho.
Old 12-25-2009, 09:19 PM

Mine is declawed, he is an indoor only cat. He loved to curl up on them, but hasn't yet tore anything up. I give him cat toys, and he loves crawling into grocery bags, I think he likes the sound it makes. He will even sleep in them.
Old 12-25-2009, 10:04 PM

Mine aren't declawed, and they've never used their claws on any quilts - yet anyways. They just love to sleep on them. lol!!!! My Mollie dog though, is another story. If she gets real excited, wanting to play while in bed with me, she'll grab a mouth full of my quilt... She always lets go right away, so hasn't ever hurt it.
:) :)
Old 12-26-2009, 07:14 AM
Banned

i have an old fabric kitchen chair that i bought for a dollar. its the only thing my cat is allowed to scratch. started early
Old 12-26-2009, 07:24 AM

My cats are declawed, one of them is declawed front and back, and the other one just in front but we're bringing her back in to do the back too... her claws are like grappling hooks! However, she never intentionally uses her claws, they're just permanently sticking out and with the new baby, we'd prefer just having her declawed completely. They've never touched my furniture, and my cats LOVE to cuddle in any blanket or quilt, or pile of laundry. Sure, they shed a bit, but it's all washable.