Cat Question

Old 12-27-2009, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by lacikat
Does anyone have a cat (or cats) that take small pieces of fabric and put them in their food dish? Sami has had up to 8 pcs. in their dry food dish, drives Chelsea nuts.
No, but my cat puts his toys in the water dish.
Old 12-27-2009, 07:10 AM
Banned

[/quote]No, but my cat puts his toys in the water dish.[/quote]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-60744.gif  
Old 12-27-2009, 08:42 AM

Please don't get him declawed. Males have a tendency to spray when that happens. declawing is like having a humans nails ripped off.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Power Poster

Those of us who have pets inside, make sure they have a basket full of toys. :-D and My Dane thinks every quilt i am making is for him. If you have pets, you train them to not do certain things, or at least we try to. And they are just part of the family. :-D
Old 12-27-2009, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
Those of us who have pets inside, make sure they have a basket full of toys. :-D and My Dane thinks every quilt i am making is for him. If you have pets, you train them to not do certain things, or at least we try to. And they are just part of the family. :-D
But sometimes training cats is an IMPOSSIBLE task :lol: :lol: They are like permanent 3 year old humans! They're potting trained and ACT like they are pay attention -- until you turn your back and then they do exactly what they want :D :D
Old 12-27-2009, 09:25 AM

But sometimes training cats is an IMPOSSIBLE task :lol: :lol: They are like permanent 3 year old humans! They're potting trained and ACT like they are pay attention -- until you turn your back and then they do exactly what they want :D :D
Absolutely true. "Ok, you don't WANT me to sit on the counter. Fine. I'll get off. Thuds to the ground. Huh. Just WAIT till you walk out that door, lady, and I will sit EXACTLY where I please ."

Of course, my 80 lb dog of long ago was NEVER to be seen on the first floor when we came home; she thought she was tricky running upstairs when she heard the car, but she always left a warm indentation on the couch....
Old 12-27-2009, 11:51 AM

My kitties are curious about every thing I cut,& measure, and love to supervise my work. they will eat any kind of yarn, thread or string, so we have to be carefull not to leave any thing within their reach which is every where but my sewing room. it is off limits to them, but when that quilt is finished you can bet they test it out for me.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:53 PM

Before we had him declawed, out Koko would climb up the
drapes and sit on the ledge that the valance was on. We'd
go nuts trying to find him and he would sit up there just
as smug as you please and probably laughing his little kitty
head off. He would also jump up on our divider to the shelf
in the middle and then jump to the top of the front door
and hang there from his nails and cry until we rescued him.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:08 PM

I just found a new home for my kitty...we literally rescued her from a storage unit that she'd gotten locked into for a whole month! Poor thing would not have lasted another 2 or 3 days, she was so starved, and it was so cold! We had her a year, but I'm allergic to her, and since she decided that the new furniture made good scratching posts (something she hadn't done before) it was really past time. I would have sent her to the humane society when we first rescued her, but I was afraid they'd kill her since she wasn't perfectly healthy. Then I tried the "people we know" venue for awhile....finally gave up and posted an ad....very nice young couple came to get her and give her a good home. I miss her already, but it's really best for all of us!
Old 12-27-2009, 03:36 PM

No, but my cat puts his toys in the water dish.[/quote][/quote]

I love all you cat lovers and your comments. As you can see I have a very large ...he was 24 lbs...yellow cat with 6 toes....unfortunately my DH wouldn't move him to Florida to all new furniture without declawing him. I would have preferred not to, but understand the damage they do when not trained to a scratching post. I hope he will forgive me.....Happy New Year...SG

PS the quilt in my avatar is from Tuesy. the Oct doll quilt swap.

PSS Marsye..how did you get that so cute Jerry laughing his heard off in your letter